• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Hectic

Dew yew liek Tyranitars?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    Chandelure's Speed isn't too bad, but the Special Attack is where it truly shines. I would go with Modest, but if priority is your issue, then go with Timid.

As the the moveset, it's not bad. I see no point in Payback, because it's PHYSICAL, and that hinders Chandelure's true ability. Also, if you're running Overheat, you might want to make it hold a White Herb so it can recover from that nasty recoil. Or, you could replace Payback with Flamethrower. Then you could save Overheat for when you really need it. Everything else is fine beyond that.
    Ah I wasn't thinking about that. I'm probably going to go with timid. What exactly does white herb do?

So Overheat, Psychic, Shadow Ball, maybe Calm Mind? or can it not take a hit?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Chandelure
    Modest or Timid/Shadow Tag
    Evs: 252 Sp. Att 252 Spe 6 HP
    Overheat, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Payback

Any suggestions?

Ghost + Dark get virtually the same coverage so it's useless using Payback + Shadow Ball - plus, Payback is a physical move so yeah. It'd be preferable if you could run Hidden Power [Fighting] to hit Tyranitar and Hydreigon, both who resist Fire + Ghost. However, Energy Ball is another alternative to hit bulky Water-type Pokemon. Calm Mind is also viable, yes. Psychic simply doesn't provide enough alternative type-coverage to be considered a good move on Chandelure.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2011
    Exeggute @sitrus berry
    Ability: Harvest
    Nature: Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpAtk
    -Giga Drain
    -Physic
    -Sleep Powder / Protect
    -Leech seed / HP Fire or Ice or Ground

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Exeggute @sitrus berry
    Ability: Harvest
    Nature: Bold
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpAtk
    -Giga Drain
    -Physic
    -Sleep Powder / Protect
    -Leech seed / HP Fire or Ice or Ground

Any suggestions?
    Why are you using Exeggcute when there's a Celebi? And Sitrus Berry is not really useful in these grounds.

Celebi @Life Orb / Leftovers
    Timid
    252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    ~ Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
    ~ Hidden Power Fire / Ice
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Recover / Rest / Thunder Wave

Or if you're opting for a Leech Seeder, there's always Whimsicott!

Whimsicott @Leftovers
    Bold
    Prankster
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Encore / Taunt
    ~ Stun Spore / Toxic

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Why are you using Exeggcute when there's a Celebi? And Sitrus Berry is not really useful in these grounds.

Celebi @Life Orb / Leftovers
    Timid
    252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    ~ Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
    ~ Hidden Power Fire / Ice
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Recover / Rest / Thunder Wave

Or if you're opting for a Leech Seeder, there's always Whimsicott!

Whimsicott @Leftovers
    Bold
    Prankster
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Encore / Taunt
    ~ Stun Spore / Toxic

Their using Exeggutor because of it's Harvest berry, matched with a Sitrus berry you get restored health every time you go below 50% iirc.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024

Their using Exeggutor because of it's Harvest berry, matched with a Sitrus berry you get restored health every time you go below 50% iirc.
    Personally, I'd prefer Whimsicott's Prankster but if that's what people want then they should go for it.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    Should I teach my Gurdurr Dynamic Punch?

So I'm training my Gurdurr for the ice gym I'm about to face, and Leveled him to 37 and now it wants to learn Dynamic punch. His moveset right now is:
    Rock Slide
    Wake-up slap
    Chip Away
    Low Kick
    And I'm not sure if i should teach him dynamic punch. Do you think I should teach him it? And if so what move should I replace?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    OK so I have a perfect IV denio and was wondering if i breed it with another Pokemon does it automatically get them or what

Parent IVs will be passed down if the parent is holding the "Power Item" that pertains to the stat that you want to pass down. For example, 31 in Speed could be passed down by giving a parent with 31 in Speed a Power Anklet (I believe. I haven't used power items in a while).

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    So I'm training my Gurdurr for the ice gym I'm about to face, and Leveled him to 37 and now it wants to learn Dynamic punch. His moveset right now is:
    Rock Slide
    Wake-up slap
    Chip Away
    Low Kick
    And I'm not sure if i should teach him dynamic punch. Do you think I should teach him it? And if so what move should I replace?

No. DynamicPunch has low PP and its 50 accuracy is useless in-game.

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    I want a Darmanitan on my team, but I'm wondering how I should EV train it, and what its suggested nature should be? I read Jolly was the best nature, and would 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 whatever work?

Also, what would the better ability be? Zen Mode or Sheer Force?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I want a Darmanitan on my team, but I'm wondering how I should EV train it, and what its suggested nature should be? I read Jolly was the best nature, and would 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 whatever work?

Also, what would the better ability be? Zen Mode or Sheer Force?

Adamant is the best because it doesn't outspeed anything important with Jolly. 252 atk / 252 speed / 4 hp should be the spread. And Sheer Force is better 120% of the time because Zen Mode is an awful ability. :D;

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    Adamant is the best because it doesn't outspeed anything important with Jolly. 252 atk / 252 speed / 4 hp should be the spread. And Sheer Force is better 120% of the time because Zen Mode is an awful ability. :D;

Interesting..thanks a lot. All I need now is someone to loan me a flawless adamant haha

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I just found a Modest Cryogonal, I know it isn't the most viable Pokemon, I'm thinking of using it on NU when the tiers clear up. Someone give me a set so I can start EVing.

Thanks in advance~

Perriechu

Years
    I just found a Modest Cryogonal, I know it isn't the most viable Pokemon, I'm thinking of using it on NU when the tiers clear up. Someone give me a set so I can start EVing.

Thanks in advance~

Ask nicely, >: Oh, never mind, I saw the Thanks n_n

Cryogonal @Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover
    -Rapid Spin
    -Toxic

Or, you can go for a Dual Screen.

Cryogonal @Light Clay
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid/Modest Nature.
    -Ice Beam
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Rapid Spin/Recover

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    Scizor

Hey guys i've finally been able to make a Scizor, But unfortunatly i dont know the best way to use one. Any ideas on Builds i need ot know nature moveset items etc..

Thanx Nom

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021

Ask nicely, >: Oh, never mind, I saw the Thanks n_n

Cryogonal @Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover
    -Rapid Spin
    -Toxic

Or, you can go for a Dual Screen.

Cryogonal @Light Clay
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid/Modest Nature.
    -Ice Beam
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Rapid Spin/Recover

Sorry I guess I was being a bit rude or blunt. Can some one also give me a set for a my Seviper please. I caught a shiny one last weak and if I recall correctly it's a Sassy Nature(?) so I would be glad if some one gave me a set for it. Maybe a BulkyRest set, since it has Shed Skin, I'm just blank for ideas. :/

Perriechu

Years
    Nature, abilty, item, moveset filler, EV spread for:

Stunfisk
    - Earth Power
    - Pain Split
    - ???
    - ???

Thanks in advance.

Who uses Stunfisk? :c Well, anyway here;

Stunfisk @Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
    Bold Nature
    Ability: Sand Veil/Static
    -Discharge
    -Toxic
    -Earth Power/Protect
    -Pain Split

Enjoy your thing. .__.

Sorry I guess I was being a bit rude or blunt. Can some one also give me a set for a my Seviper please. I caught a shiny one last weak and if I recall correctly it's a Sassy Nature(?) so I would be glad if some one gave me a set for it. Maybe a BulkyRest set, since it has Shed Skin, I'm just blank for ideas. :/

Seviper @Life Orb
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    Ability: Shed Skin
    -Sludge Wave
    -Flamethrower
    -Giga Drain
    -Dark Pulse/Glare

That's the best you'll get since Seviper isn't made to be bulky. :x

Back