• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
  • Hi can you help me pick out the last few pokemons for my SoulSilver Team and also find a suitable nature and moveset (with Hm's) for what i have planned out right now and for the pokemon last few pokemons you thought i should have.

Right now im considering not even getting a totodile because unless i choose not to only have one of each type, i would have to teach totodile: surf & whirlpool. If you could find a good water pokemon that can learn those and can be caught early in the game it would be great!

Right now i have planned out:

Totodile

Mareep

Hoothoot

(maybe)Sudowodo

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Sora, everything works fine in-game, even a Plusle can defeat the E4 on its own. We only answer questions which are of competitive battling, not in-game. And btw, you can get Wooper early, and it makes a good Surf/Whirlpool/Waterfall slave. But in-game, anything works fine if it's overleveled.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Use Ice Beam over Blizzard, the shaky accuracy of Blizzard is bad. Also, yes, replace Hydro Cannon with Hydro Pump, Hydro Cannon sucks. Drill Peck sucks as well, and 2 STAB moves on a pokemon is bad. Use Agility, Substitute, Surf and Ice Beam on your Empoleon.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Blue's Frontier Team Help

Okay. I need help, and lots of it. The following are my main Pokémon and their moves, the ones I would like to use in the Battle Frontier.

Primary Team:

Empoleon:
    Hydro Pump
    Surf
    Ice Beam (For those Dragon, Flying and Grass Types)
    Drill Peck (For those Grass and Fighting types)

Luxray:
    Discharge
    Thunder Fang
    Spark
    Crunch

I find I have no use for all those Electric type moves which is why I understand peoples' views in STAB. So please suggest replacement moves. I like Crunch.

Infernape:
    Close Combat
    Flamethrower
    Flamewheel
    Flare Blitz

Again like the Luxray, not happy with so much Fire but don't know what to go for.

Torterra:
    Crunch
    Giga Drain
    Leaf Storm
    Earthquake

I like these ones so no touching.

Garchomp:
    Dig
    Dragon Claw
    Dragon Rush
    Draco Meteor

Again like the Lux and Ape, please help.

Secondary Team:

Staraptor:
    Close Combat (For those Rock and Ice Types)
    Fly
    Brave Bird
    Aerial Ace

Too much Flying I guess. I'll replace Brave Bird Only. Maybe for a Normal Type because of STAB?

Lucario (Oh goodness are these things SLOW). This is what I want him to have:
    Aura Sphere
    Dragon Pulse
    Stone Edge (For those Flying types)
    Earthquake (For those Fire Types)

Nice and diverse, I like this one. However I am open to suggestions, wide open :D

Heracross. This is what I want her to have:
    Megahorn (Siggy Move :D)
    StoneEdge (For the Flying types so I doubt I'll put her and the Lucario in the same team) I'm actually not sure about this one.
    Reversal
    Aerial Ace

Weavile:
    Dark Pulse
    Ice Beam
    -
    - Time to stop training this one >__> Seems useless

I stopped training my Roserade. Seems useless as well.

I want a Metagross so I want it to have:
    Meteor Mash
    -
    -
    - Okay I need help with the rest. But I will use it as I hear it's very good for the Frontier. I'll stuff it with Carbos as well, to boost speed.

Oh and finally I hear Salamance and Flygons are good. I'll save that for later. Sorry, I had to make a New Thread, seems too long for the Quick Questions Thread. Thanks :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Making a UU team help?

ok im trying to make a UU team and so far i only have 3 pokemons but im not so sure bout some move stats and the pokemon ive chosen for this team.
    I would relly be thankful for any advice

Golduck @ leftovers
    Cloud Nine
    Timid-252 SpA, 252 Spd
    Calm Mind
    Ice Beam
    Hypnosis
    Psychic
    Golduck Im not so sure bout i think he's ok and this is similar to other golducks cuz of how i wanted him. Any advice on this guy cuz golducks r my favorite pkmn

Slowbro @ leftovers
    Own Tempo
    Relaxed-252 HP, 252 Def
    Slack Off
    Toxic
    Thunder Wave
    Trick Room
    Im relly worried bout if i suld have placed him and regirock on the same team cuz im not sure how it wuld work out. shuld toxic b there?

Regirock @ Chesto berry
    Clear Body
    Careful- 252HP, 252 SpD
    Curse
    Stone Edge
    Rest
    ?

Regirock is not excatly my best pkmn for this team but im trying to make him better. Any advice on him idc if i have to take him out or watever to him.

and the last 3 pkmn im not sure bout i want to put mr. mime in this team, and i was thinkin bout puttin him as a baton passer? And wat type of team culd i make as well? like pertaining to a certain aspect of battling.

Critize has harshly as u want i dont mind cuz i want to improve
    and i jst started getting back into competitive battling

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    How's are these double battling sets?

Giratina-A @ Leftovers
    Bold nature
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SAtk
    -Magic Coat
    -Shadow Ball
    -Aura Sphere
    -Draco Meteor

This is designed specifically to stop DarkVoidRai dead in it's tracks.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    Bold nature
    EVs: 252 Def/252 SpA/4 Spd
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Icy Wind
    -HP Fighting / Moonlight

Icy Wind is prefered over Ice Beam beacause it lowers Speed and hits both opponents.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Adamant nature
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
    -Meteor Mash
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion

This set makes for an effective revenge killer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    Weavile:
    Dark Pulse
    Ice Beam
    -
    - Time to stop training this one >__> Seems useless
    i dont know much about competitive movesets, but this weavile has a horrendous moveset. He is a Physical Attacker, not a Special lol

Anyways, youd have to switch its moves to physical and stat moves if you want.

This is my moveset for my weavile

-Ice Punch
    - Brick Break
    - Hail (need to replace with something)
    - Faint Attack

some moves i want to change but dont know what to change them to.

you might want to EV train him in Attack speed and HP, i dunno what the best nature for him is though, probably Adamant or Jolly

anyways there you have it, and good luck with your team

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • You might change Faint Attack to Night Slash and Brick Break to Low Kick, so you can put a hurt on the heavy types that like to wall weavile. Also you could change Hail to Ice Shard in order to get some priority, I suppose.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Use either Night Slash or Pursuit (depending on the set) instead of Faint Attack. Ice Shard is viable as well as Ice Punch. Brick Break is also viable but Low Kick is preffered.

The three things Weavile does best are Anti-Lead (CounterSash), Revenge Kill (Choice Band), and a basic Swords Dance set. The SD set is risky because you need a turn to set-up and Weavile is so frail it can be KO'd that same turn but with good prediction it can be played well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    New Metagross Moveset

I've never seen anyone other than myself run this set on Metagross, so I thought that I should post it.

Metargross@ Expert Belt
    Clear Body
    4HP, 252Atk, 252Spd
    Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch

With this move set you're able to hit the following types for super effective damage: Ice, Rock, Fire, Electric, Poison, Steel, Grass, Ground Flying, Dragon, and Water. That's 11/17 types covered with 1 pokemon.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I've never seen anyone other than myself run this set on Metagross, so I thought that I should post it.

Metargross@ Expert Belt
    Clear Body
    4HP, 252Atk, 252Spd
    Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch

With this move set you're able to hit the following types for super effective damage: Ice, Rock, Fire, Electric, Poison, Steel, Grass, Ground Flying, Dragon, and Water. That's 11/17 types covered with 1 pokemon.

That sounds good as a Choice Band set. Run Adamant and don't max Speed EVs. Do Jolly max Speed if using Choice Scarf.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    i just got my event jirachi :D

i wanna train it and such, so what is the best nature and moveset for my Jirachi?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I just got a shiny Umbreon, which was at the top of my wanted list. He's on level 50 and knows Wish, Toxic, Dark Pulse, and Shadow Ball. I wanted a trap passer set, but I obviously can't do that anymore. I've never had an Eeveelution with Wish before, so I'd like to keep that, and Toxic as well; I used the TM on someone else. Any ideas?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    EV Training - Wartortle?

First of all, I'd just like to say Wartortle is probably my favorite Pokemon due to nostalgic reasons...So I thought it would be cool to train it with EVs so it could take on any lame-o Blastoise with ease.

Where would it be most wise to place EVs in his stats for maximum playability?

On a completely unrelated note...
    Charmeleon!
    [metalvocals]WARTORTLE[metalvocals]

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    i just got my event jirachi :D

i wanna train it and such, so what is the best nature and moveset for my Jirachi?
    http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/jirachi

Choose whatever fits your needs. Btw though, Draco Meteor is mediocre for Jirachi as it gets no STAB from it and it provides no useful coverage other than hitting Dragons which are already dealt with Ice Punch, or just a STAB move.

I just got a shiny Umbreon, which was at the top of my wanted list. He's on level 50 and knows Wish, Toxic, Dark Pulse, and Shadow Ball. I wanted a trap passer set, but I obviously can't do that anymore. I've never had an Eeveelution with Wish before, so I'd like to keep that, and Toxic as well; I used the TM on someone else. Any ideas?
    DA is more familiar with Umbreon, so I'll let him help you.

First of all, I'd just like to say Wartortle is probably my favorite Pokemon due to nostalgic reasons...So I thought it would be cool to train it with EVs so it could take on any lame-o Blastoise with ease.

Where would it be most wise to place EVs in his stats for maximum playability?

On a completely unrelated note...
    Charmeleon!
    [metalvocals]WARTORTLE[metalvocals]
    Eh, you could use a Choice Specs set with 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA, otherwise its stats are very poor to use anything else otherwise.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Maxing Umbreon

What is the best place to EV train my Umbreon for special attack? It has rash nature so I'm happy, anything else I can do to max his special attack?

Also what moves would you recomend?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    What is the best place to EV train my Umbreon for special attack? It has rash nature so I'm happy, anything else I can do to max his special attack?

Also what moves would you recomend?
    The best place to EV train for Special Attack imo is the Old Chateau, where Gastly shows up 100% of the time (it gives 1 EV in SpA). You can also use dual-slot mode and sometimes Haunter and Gengar will show up in the room with the eyes (they give 2 and 3 EVs in SpA, respectively).

As for moveset...I don't really know any good movesets that use max SpA.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    The best place to EV train for Special Attack imo is the Old Chateau, where Gastly shows up 100% of the time (it gives 1 EV in SpA). You can also use dual-slot mode and sometimes Haunter and Gengar will show up in the room with the eyes (they give 2 and 3 EVs in SpA, respectively).

As for moveset...I don't really know any good movesets that use max SpA.
    Thanks. Can someone sudgest any moves? Right now I'm thinking Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Moonlight, and something else....

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Thanks. Can someone sudgest any moves? Right now I'm thinking Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Moonlight, and something else....

You could try this I guess.

Umbreon @ Life Orb
    Rash Nature
    252Sp.Atk./252Spe/4Def
    ~Dark Pulse
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Moonlight
    ~HP Fighting

I guess. Umbreon has an awful Special Attack movepool.

Back