• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    How does it? I assume in a negative effect like rare candy?

[ohemgee25charlimitlolreallly???]

Because with EXP share, BOTH pokemon collect EV's, so your just ruining it for your "Moocher"

Anyway...

Just picked up a Whiscash...

Primarely because of the new "Dragon Dance" Addon

Tell me what you think

Dance! (Whiscash)
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    -Light Screen

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Because with EXP share, BOTH pokemon collect EV's, so your just ruining it for your "Moocher"

Anyway...

Just picked up a Whiscash...

Primarely because of the new "Dragon Dance" Addon

Tell me what you think

Dance! (Whiscash)
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake
    -Light Screen

Put Zen Headbutt or Return over Light Screen.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    And hope to Jesus that i dont get hit with an Energy ball or Solarbeam?

Uh, yeah? Take out those type of threats first then set up on it. You get KO'd by anything that has those anyway even behind a screen so it won't make much of a difference.

Tree_x

Breeder
    Years
    And hope to Jesus that i dont get hit with an Energy ball or Solarbeam?

Yea i was gonna say you could avoid the solarbeam but it is a Ddancer so you will both need set up and you will still get hit :O hmm yea just swap him out if you think the poke your battling has those moves our welll energy ball i would not worry to much about solor beam just assume its comming if it is a sunny day

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Alright, thanks...and one more thing
    Whats a good moveset for a Banette?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Need help coming up with an NU team

So far I have planned:

Mawile @ Leftovers
    Intimidate ((Need to get a Mawile w/ intimidate..>,>;))
    HP 255 // ATK 255
    Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Iron Head
    Sucker Punch

Point/Role: Mawile comes in and Subs, then sweeps. If that fails, go on to plan B:

Sableye @ ???
    Keen Eye ((Only good ability for Sable, I'm afraid...))
    ATK 255 // SPD 255
    Shadow Claw
    Faint Attack
    Recover
    Detect

Point/Role: Comes in immidiately after Mawile faints, cleans up remaining Pokemon. If that fails, onto battling without any strategy!

Zangoose @ Silk Scarf
    Immunity
    ATK 255 // SPD 255
    Slash / Return
    Shadow Claw
    X-Scissor
    Close Combat

Point/Role: Physical Sweeper. Unknown position in Lineup.

I have no other Pokemon in mind yet, so surprise me!

PS: No, I will never change out the Mawile or Sableye. I want to see what happens when I defeat something powerful with them. ^^;

Sunshinewish

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2012
    Kingdra?

Ok so I have a Modest nature Kingdra with the ability sniper. I have looked around the net for move sets, but there are numerous sets that I am not sure to use. Please help a trainer in need thanks.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Ok so I have a Modest nature Kingdra with the ability sniper. I have looked around the net for move sets, but there are numerous sets that I am not sure to use. Please help a trainer in need thanks.
    Sniper is a horrible ability for Kingdra iirc (idk smogon's down). You might want to use this if you still want t stay on the special side.

Kingdra @ Life Orb/Damp Rock
    Trait: Swift Swim
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    - Rain Dance
    - Surf/Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Draco Meteor

That gives the best coverage or something. Physical Kingdra is better though imo.

Now, since that smogon is down. I'm gonna play theorymon again. Would this be a viable set for a Bulky NP Spiritomb?

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    Nature: Bold/Calm
    EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 12 SpA / 102 SpD
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
    - HP Fighting
    - Pain Split / Rest / Sucker Punch

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Kingdra@Choice Specs
    252 SP.Att / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Modest Nature
    Trait: Sniper
    - Dragon Pulse / Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump / Surf
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hidden Power [Electric] / Surf

Pretty much.

Dragon + Water hit everything in the game apart from Empoleon. Hp Electric for waters like Vap and s.def Gyarados etc. Ice Beam hits Celebi.

Also Sniper isn't bad, it OHKO's Calm Bliss if you crit it iirc.

XaiXo

The ZombiePimp
    Years
    Now in Correctly Posted Flavour!

In my current team, one of my high-hitters is a Scizor that uses X-Scissor. Technician doesn't affect it, since it does 80 damage.

So, with STAB, Scizor does 120 damage with X-Scissor, which is great. However, would the game mechanics allow for Bug Bite do be superior?

X-Scissor + STAB = 120. Weakness x2 = 240, x4 = 480.

Bug Bite + Technician = 90 + STAB = 140. Weakness x2 = 280, x4 = 560.

Does it work like that? Does Technician buff the basic damage, and then does STAB use the outcome of that, or does it also use the base damage?

Anyone care to answer? Is Bug Bite a superior move to X-Scissor on a Technician Scizor?

subby

Subby
    Years
    I need help? :]

Ok since SS and HG came out I decided to get serious about playing. Like leveling up more then just a few pokemon and battling and stuff. I would love to know some basic tips or things to know that I should know. Like what a pokemon nature is and how it matters. What are good hold items. What common ones people use. Good movesets and like that IV stuff. I feel like there is a lot of stuff I should know that I don't.

Thank you :P

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Anyone care to answer? Is Bug Bite a superior move to X-Scissor on a Technician Scizor?

Yes it is, hence why every Scizor set (more or less) carries it. If you are doing a Choice Band set, use U-Turn though.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Hey, would this be a decent moveset for a Pikachu? ((Just got the flying and surfing ones from the Pokewalker, and wanted to use the Surfer...))

-Timid/Static/Light Ball

Surf
    Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot
    Substitute

Used mostly the Special Sweeper from smogon, but took out HP Ice and replaced with Surf (obviously).

Surf
    Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Reflect

???

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Oy, that's a good one too, because RD increases the acc. of Thunder, right? o.o
    Yeah RD makes Thunder 100 Acc Plus you get the bonus for the surf and Reflect for any Phys Sweeps...My Raichu currently has this moveset, its great, You can sweep Walls and BW's If you have the right Nature and EV's

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Surf
    Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Reflect

???

Bad. Pikachu literally dies to an unboosted Quick Attack, so it won't have time to set up Rain Dance, let alone Rain Dance and Reflect. Pikachu should be used as a glass cannon, lots of power, little defenses.

Back