• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

RTHookers

Banned
Years
  • I'm battling someone, and my Moltres toxiced him Clefable.. But Clefable doesn't take any poison damage al all.. How is this possible?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I'm battling someone, and my Moltres toxiced him Clefable.. But Clefable doesn't take any poison damage al all.. How is this possible?

Clefable's ability prevents it from taking residual damage. Clefable also won't take damage from switching into SR/Spikes/T-Spikes.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • So Magmortar, Persian, etc. are things I should look for an a good NU offensive team? I def want Persian there.

Magmortar is the thing you want. It's a huge threat in NU and not much can stop it since it generally carries Fire Blast / T-Bolt / HP Grass.

Moskau

Oh, dear...
    Years
  • Some suggestions?

I'm really at a loss here, I can't make a decision! I'm co-hosting the second official Pokémon tournament for my community college, and this time I'm actually allowed to be a contestant as well. I got really excited and signed myself up right away.

Now, all I have to do is build a team within a week....the rules are this:

3 Pokémon max. No level must exceed 30, while total team level must be equal or less than 80. No evolved Pokémon allowed. (Evolved being a Pokémon that did not hatch directly from an egg, for example, since Snorlax hatches from an egg by itself, you can use it!) No legendaries.

This is all great and good an all, but I honestly have no idea what sort of team to make. This is going to be a double-battle tournament, and your partner is chosen at random, so you don't know who you're going to work with until the actual day of the tournament!

I was thinking along the lines of using...

Koffing Lvl. 26
    Toxic
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Selfdestruct

Aerodactyl Lvl. 27
    Dragon Pulse
    Fly
    Fire Fang
    Bite

Sneasel Lvl. 27
    Quick Attack
    Dig
    Shadow Claw
    Avalanche

I'm open to suggestion for moves or different Pokémon for my team! Thanks. This is my first tournament...and I rarely win battles, so any help I'd really appriciate it. <3

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    thats a pretty solid team. try to add something for fire pokes though.
    where do you go to college?! i want a pokemon tournament!!

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I'm really at a loss here, I can't make a decision! I'm co-hosting the second official Pokémon tournament for my community college, and this time I'm actually allowed to be a contestant as well. I got really excited and signed myself up right away.

Now, all I have to do is build a team within a week....the rules are this:

3 Pokémon max. No level must exceed 30, while total team level must be equal or less than 80. No evolved Pokémon allowed. (Evolved being a Pokémon that did not hatch directly from an egg, for example, since Snorlax hatches from an egg by itself, you can use it!) No legendaries.

This is all great and good an all, but I honestly have no idea what sort of team to make. This is going to be a double-battle tournament, and your partner is chosen at random, so you don't know who you're going to work with until the actual day of the tournament!

I was thinking along the lines of using...

Koffing Lvl. 26
    Toxic
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Selfdestruct

Aerodactyl Lvl. 27
    Dragon Pulse
    Fly
    Fire Fang
    Bite

Sneasel Lvl. 27
    Quick Attack
    Dig
    Shadow Claw
    Avalanche

I'm open to suggestion for moves or different Pokémon for my team! Thanks. This is my first tournament...and I rarely win battles, so any help I'd really appriciate it. <3

S&M is geared more towards standard battling, so when it comes to a 3v3 doubles tournament with a random partner, it's hard for people to give you advice =(

I will say that Aerodactly should not have Dragon Pulse since it's a special attack stat is terrible. But based on what you said about the tournament it seems very luck-based....

Moskau

Oh, dear...
    Years
  • Sorry for posting in the wrong thread!

And thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, it's going to be tough. :(

@Gamepro

I go to a Community College which has an "Asian Culture Club/Otaku Club". My friend Andy and I are in charge of all the Pokémon-related events like battles or giveaways or something! :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Sorry for posting in the wrong thread!

And thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, it's going to be tough. :(

@Gamepro

I go to a Community College which has an "Asian Culture Club/Otaku Club". My friend Andy and I are in charge of all the Pokémon-related events like battles or giveaways or something! :)

do you think i might be able to take part via wifi? :D that sounds awesome and i wouldnt wanna miss out. but id understand if i couldnt

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Magmortar is the thing you want. It's a huge threat in NU and not much can stop it since it generally carries Fire Blast / T-Bolt / HP Grass.

I wanted Magmar though I'm sure it can run a similar set.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I personally run Rhy's standard set which is:

Rhyperior@Leftovers
    Adamant - Solid Rock
    EVs: 136 HP / 244 Atk / 128 Spe
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge / Rock Blast (Rock Blast for breaking substitutes and sashes if you want)
    ~ Megahorn
    ~ Stealth Rock / Substitute

It was pretty good in UU when I used to play it. I don't anymore though, but I'm sure it's fine. :)

If you want to look at other sets, go here.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I should probably know this except for the fact I don't EV train, but does stuff like a Power Anklet give you EVs for Speed no matter what pokemon you fight, or just those that normally give Speed EVs? Thanks in advance.

YoungO

Something
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    thnx.. i was thinking about that set 4 =] .. time 2 start on it

I should probably know this except for the fact I don't EV train, but does stuff like a Power Anklet give you EVs for Speed no matter what pokemon you fight, or just those that normally give Speed EVs? Thanks in advance.

Just 4 those that give you Speed Evs..

it adds four 2 the normal amount of evs u would get

so if u get 1 ev for speed u would get 5

Last edited:

Moskau

Oh, dear...
    Years
  • do you think i might be able to take part via wifi? :D that sounds awesome and i wouldnt wanna miss out. but id understand if i couldnt

I wish, that would be cool but unfortunately it's students-only and has a one-dollar entry fee. (We're using the money for the club to help sponser a few people to go to a local anime convention.) Besides, you couldn't get the prize if you lived far away!

Sorry! Though, I should talk to Andy about hosting long-distance events...

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • thnx.. i was thinking about that set 4 =] .. time 2 start on it

Just 4 those that give you Speed Evs..

it adds four 2 the normal amount of evs u would get

so if u get 1 ev for speed u would get 5

No, actually, you get Speed EVs from the Power Anklet no matter what pokemon you battle. Fighting pokemon that gives you Speed EVs just speeds up the process.

Back