• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

RTHookers

Banned
Years
  • What would be more suiting for shuffle on Articuno, RestTalk or SubRoost? (It gets SR and spin support, I'll might consider Qwilfish for Spikes and even T-Spikes)
    This is for NU of course.

HunterX101

Always Up for an IV battle
    Years
  • Need some confirmation.

Glaceon@ Leftovers
    Bold/Modest
    252 sp.attk/ 126 Def/ 126 Sp.Def(Or HP)
    Icy Wind
    Hidden Power (Ground is what im going for)
    Barrier/Wish
    Fake Tears

Underlined parts are what im looking to manipulate...

Wish would be great to support my team, But Barrier makes him a Great wall with Leftovers.

EV's need some work too.. Any Advice is appreciated.

Kiedyn Bmyoan

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Another Rate My Team thread.

Alright, so, getting this out of the way, this isn't a complete team; it's 4 Pokemon. But I'm in the middle of building it, and I want an outside opinion on if what I'm creating is worth following through with.

It's ridiculously difficult to build a team of your favorite Pokemon and try to make them competitive, but I'm trying and it's not going so bad.

Hitmontop w/ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Technician
    Hp-241
    Atk-317
    Def-227
    Sp.Atk-95
    Sp.Def-256
    Spd-239

-Fake Out
    -Mach Punch
    -Bullet Punch
    -Aerial Ace

Priority Technician. IS Aerial Ace good to keep in there? Seems a little random. I was thinking something like Pursuit to kill psychics (Base Damage is 40 so Technician would kick in) Or Sucker Punch (which seems a little better because even though it's not Technician targetable it is a conditional increased priority move.) Or I could put in straight up beat down with Stone Edge to KO Flying threats, although it doesn't fit in with priority or Technician. Should I just keep in Aerial Ace?

Marowak w/ Thick Club
    Jolly Nature
    Rock Head
    Hp-261
    Atk-259
    Def-256
    Sp.Atk-122
    Sp.Def-196
    Spd-207

-Earthquake
    -Swords Dance
    -Double-Edge
    -Stone Edge

My Sweeper. Earthquake for STAB, Swords Dance for ridiculous Atk, Double-Edge for straight damage, Stone Edge for Flying types. I feel I messed this one up a little. I sacrificed maxing out his Atk for upping his Spd, who knows though, he might work out. Not much else to say as this one is pretty self-explanatory.

Slowking w/ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Own Tempo
    Hp-394
    Atk-167
    Def-196
    Sp.Atk-236
    Sp.Def-350
    Spd-96

-Surf
    -Slack Off
    -Light Screen
    -Ice Beam

My Special Wall. From what I've heard, this combination of ev'd Sp.Def Slowking can take two Slamence Draco Meteors and live; haven't tested that yet though. I am kind of Anxious to see how this one will work out, I know I have much more choices in Special Walls, but maybe someone with more Slowking exp. can tell me about him.

Cacturne w/ Brightpowder
    Careful Nature
    Sand Veil
    Hp-???
    Atk-???
    Def-???
    Sp.Atk-???
    Sp.Def-???
    Spd-???

-Sandstorm
    -Double Team
    -Swagger
    -Toxic

Not sure having a Pokemon without any attacks is a good idea, but I'm considering him. Just using his Sand Veil for evasion along with Double Team, Swagger to buy time and hit some damage, and Toxic to kill things while he can't be hit.

And that's what we're dealing with. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Kiedyn Bmyoan

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Rock, Ice, Steel, Earth.

This is a very important thread. I LOVE the Regi's always have since they came out. Regigigas was a fantastic addition to the small archtype IMO. So Now in this Current Gen of Pokemans, I need to make a competitive team of the four amazing golems. This is what I have so far...

Regirock w/ Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    Clear Body
    Hp-301
    Atk-236
    Def-548
    Sp.Atk-136
    Sp.Def-299
    Spd-122

-Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock
    -Hammer Arm
    -Toxic

Regice w/ Leftovers
    Sassy Nature
    Clear Body
    Hp-301
    Def-299
    Sp.Atk-236
    Sp.Def-548
    Spd-122

-Ice Beam
    -Amnesia
    -Hammer Arm
    -Toxic

Registeel w/ Leftovers
    Relaxed Natures
    Clear Body
    Hp-301
    Atk-186
    Def-438
    Sp.Atk-186
    Sp.Def-399
    Spd-122

-Flash Cannon
    -Iron Defense
    -Hammer Arm
    -Toxic

Now, the Three Regi's are carbon copies of each other. Each with a STAB move, a defensive move, Hammer Arm for SLASH, and Toxic (Because I'm a First Gen fan, and in the First Gen Toxic = Victory no matter what, I still like to believe it's still the case.) Yeah I know it's kind of dangerous to have three of your pokemon know basically the same moves, but that's why I'm posting. I'd like to see your ideas on how I could mix up the movepools of my Regis and separate them a little to make use of their AMAZINGLY high defenses. (My Registeel is maxed in Def instead of Sp.Def because two of the three super effective types are physical. Bad idea?) Also should they be holding a different Item?

Regigigas w/ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Slow Start
    Hp-424
    Atk-460
    Def-256
    Sp.Def-176
    Sp.Atk-256
    Spd-236

-Crush Grip
    -Giga Impact
    -Earthquake
    -Zen Headbutt

Crush Grip and Giga for STAB and to utilize it's Atk, Earthquake for SLASH and maximizing it's Atk, and Zen Headbutt for Fighting Types. Bad movepool? Thoughts? I'd love to hear 'em. Or just flat out tell me the Regi's are NU and to stop wasting my time (which would make me very sad.)

Also, this part is very important, I need to know what other two pokemon to put in my team. Baton Passers? I have no idea what pokemon would be a good choice for back up.

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • I have a team but I want a spinner, what do you think might fit in the best?
    Swampert / Skarm / Vappy / Raikou / Latias / Rotom-H
    Also I was wondering what can I replace with ScarfTran on this team?
    I just replaced it with Raikou but I think I should go back or replace Lati with it.

JFK

hey there
    Years
  • is there a breeding chain that will give a bulbasaur this egg move set grass whistle/powerwhip/leafstorm.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Umm those moves suck
    First use sleep powder
    second decide you're going either physical or special. Power whip is physical and Leaf storm is special.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Dont use Aerial Ace on Technitop, use Close Combat or you will be REALLY weak vs tanks and walls.

@ RT, Vap seems like really useless there so id prolly replace that. Since Latias and Rotom cover what it does apart fromWish but all your team has recovery vs pert soo. Also id use Scarf Rachi for Trick (stop last poke sweeps) and to cover your foe Latias weak.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • @ RT, Vap seems like really useless there so id prolly replace that. Since Latias and Rotom cover what it does apart fromWish but all your team has recovery vs pert soo. Also id use Scarf Rachi for Trick Last poke sweep stopping sounds very well to me. Curse Clops just saved my butt on a NU battle.
    So ScarfRachi with Trick instead of Vap..
    Also where can I put Tran there because the team doesn't have a revenge killer.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Are there really no major threats against "Technitop" (ha, that's cool, I like that.) that would require him to take on anti-Flying or Anti-Psychic moves?

Well Fake Out + Bullet Punch nails most ghosts and psychics. Stone Edge would fit over Bullet Punch if anything for flyers, but thats kinda hard to pass up. There is Sucker Punch if you really wanna hit psychics and ghosts, but most of them have Sub and because Sucker Punch doesnt hit non attacking moves its makes it easy to set up on you so yeah. Really up to you what you wanna hit but you really need Fake Out/Mach Punch/Close Combat/<slot for what you wanna hit> basically

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • It all depends - in Ubers for instance, where Pressure is the most common ability, low pp might become trouble for stuff like Ho-oh w/ their eight shots at Sacred Fire-ing stuff into oblivion gets cut down to four shots. If you are really afraid of running out of pp, do as Machamp, run a restalk set and get 16 more chances at using the attack you wanted to use. ;D

Kiedyn Bmyoan

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • If you are really afraid of running out of pp, do as Machamp, run a restalk set and get 16 more chances at using the attack you wanted to use. ;D

What are you talking about?

Also to anyone who was paying attention to Technitop, is Leftovers the best thing it should be holding?

And if anyone could Rate my team that got skipped a page back I really need some help on those.

Back