• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    EV

Anyone help me with EV training? One of my friends does it and his Pokemon are a lot better. By fighting certain Pokemon the EV goes up by 1, 2 or 3 yes? Then after so many of these fights the number of your speed goes up by 1?

Does it get added at the end of levelling up of during levelling up?

Anyone help me in general with this as well.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Anyone help me with EV training? One of my friends does it and his Pokemon are a lot better. By fighting certain Pokemon the EV goes up by 1, 2 or 3 yes? Then after so many of these fights the number of your speed goes up by 1?

Does it get added at the end of levelling up of during levelling up?

Anyone help me in general with this as well.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3351965&postcount=2

Once the Pokémon levels up the EVs are added to its stats.

Kiedyn Bmyoan

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • I LOVE the Regi's always have since they came out. Regigigas was a fantastic addition to the small archtype IMO. So Now in this Current Gen of Pokemans, I need to make a competitive team of the four amazing golems. This is what I have so far...

Regirock w/ Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    Clear Body
    Hp-301
    Atk-236
    Def-548
    Sp.Atk-136
    Sp.Def-299
    Spd-122

-Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock
    -Hammer Arm
    -Toxic

Regice w/ Leftovers
    Sassy Nature
    Clear Body
    Hp-301
    Def-299
    Sp.Atk-236
    Sp.Def-548
    Spd-122

-Ice Beam
    -Amnesia
    -Hammer Arm
    -Toxic

Registeel w/ Leftovers
    Relaxed Natures
    Clear Body
    Hp-301
    Atk-186
    Def-438
    Sp.Atk-186
    Sp.Def-399
    Spd-122

-Flash Cannon
    -Iron Defense
    -Hammer Arm
    -Toxic

Now, the Three Regi's are carbon copies of each other. Each with a STAB move, a defensive move, Hammer Arm for SLASH, and Toxic (Because I'm a First Gen fan, and in the First Gen Toxic = Victory no matter what, I still like to believe it's still the case.) Yeah I know it's kind of dangerous to have three of your pokemon know basically the same moves, but that's why I'm posting. I'd like to see your ideas on how I could mix up the movepools of my Regis and separate them a little to make use of their AMAZINGLY high defenses. (My Registeel is maxed in Def instead of Sp.Def because two of the three super effective types are physical. Bad idea?) Also should they be holding a different Item?

Regigigas w/ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Slow Start
    Hp-424
    Atk-460
    Def-256
    Sp.Def-176
    Sp.Atk-256
    Spd-236

-Crush Grip
    -Giga Impact
    -Earthquake
    -Zen Headbutt

Crush Grip and Giga for STAB and to utilize it's Atk, Earthquake for SLASH and maximizing it's Atk, and Zen Headbutt for Fighting Types. Bad movepool? Thoughts? I'd love to hear 'em. Or just flat out tell me the Regi's are horrible and to stop wasting my time (which would make me very sad.)

Also, this part is very important, I need to know what other two pokemon to put in my team. Baton Passers? I have no idea what pokemon would be a good choice for back up.

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
    Years
  • Regice needs Ice Punch > beam due to Higher Attack than SpARSteel wants Iron Head > Flash Cannon due to higher atk then SpA (again)I suggest Strength or Facade instead of giga impact for RGigas.And not all your Regi's need Hammer Arm you know..You should post EVs instead of all the stats. It makes it easier.I like the whole toxic theme, but what happens when you vs a Poison/Steel mon?Gl with your Regi team

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I LOVE the Regi's always have since they came out. Regigigas was a fantastic addition to the small archtype IMO. So Now in this Current Gen of Pokemans, I need to make a competitive team of the four amazing golems. This is what I have so far...

Regirock w/ Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    Clear Body
    Hp-301
    Atk-236
    Def-548
    Sp.Atk-136
    Sp.Def-299
    Spd-122

-Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock
    -Hammer Arm
    -Thunder Wave

You have Toxic on Regice so you don't really need to bother with Toxic on Registeel. T-Wave helps out more since the Regis are slow as it is so slowing down your enemy lets them attack first.

Regice w/ Leftovers
    Sassy Nature
    Clear Body
    Hp-301
    Atk - ????
    Def-299
    Sp.Atk-236
    Sp.Def-548
    Spd-122

-Ice Punch
    -Curse
    -Hammer Arm
    -Toxic

Wants Curse >> Amnesia, it already has massive Sp.Def, so no need to boost that any higher, its just overkill. Ice Punch > Ice Beam since you're raising your attack with Curse.

Registeel w/ Leftovers
    Relaxed Natures
    Clear Body
    Hp-301
    Atk-186
    Def-438
    Sp.Atk-186
    Sp.Def-399
    Spd-122

-Iron Head
    -Earthquake
    -Thunder Wave
    -Explosion

Works best imo. T-Wave first, then attack until you are near death, then just Explode and take your opponent with you or at least damage it.

Now, the Three Regi's are carbon copies of each other. Each with a STAB move, a defensive move, Hammer Arm for SLASH, and Toxic (Because I'm a First Gen fan, and in the First Gen Toxic = Victory no matter what, I still like to believe it's still the case.) Yeah I know it's kind of dangerous to have three of your pokemon know basically the same moves, but that's why I'm posting. I'd like to see your ideas on how I could mix up the movepools of my Regis and separate them a little to make use of their AMAZINGLY high defenses. (My Registeel is maxed in Def instead of Sp.Def because two of the three super effective types are physical. Bad idea?) Also should they be holding a different Item?

The bolded part in there is not true, in first gen, a toxic pokemon that switched out became regular poisoning, so Toxic was actually horrible in RBY.

Regigigas w/ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Slow Start
    Hp-424
    Atk-460
    Def-256
    Sp.Def-176
    Sp.Atk-256
    Spd-236

-Brick Break
    -Return
    -Earthquake
    -Zen Headbutt

Giga Impact sucks, dont use it ever. Recharge turn = free set up = bad. Return is stronger than Crush Grip, which is situational depending on your opponents HP.

Crush Grip and Giga for STAB and to utilize it's Atk, Earthquake for SLASH and maximizing it's Atk, and Zen Headbutt for Fighting Types. Bad movepool? Thoughts? I'd love to hear 'em. Or just flat out tell me the Regi's are horrible and to stop wasting my time (which would make me very sad.)

Also, this part is very important, I need to know what other two pokemon to put in my team. Baton Passers? I have no idea what pokemon would be a good choice for back up.

Comments in bold.

As for what else would go good, I reccomend you stay UU and below, as this team has 0 survivability in OU. A spinner would be nice, so Regice can switch out if need be. Some sort of fast special attacker like Sceptile, Alakazam or Houndoom among others would be nice, otherwise Weezing walls your whole team. :xGood luck~

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Regice needs Ice Punch > beam due to Higher Attack than SpA

What the heck ? Please do research before posting (https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/regice hint: look at the base stats. .__.), posting things you pull out your butt without researching, that isnt helping anyone in the slightest and you're guiding people down the wrong path. If i have to tell you again that is an infraction, ive had to do it one too many times to you and its beginning to get annoying. RESEARCH MOAR.

Also why are we all suggesting Physical Regice ? It frikking sucks, i thought the base 50 Att would kinda give that away. :/

Use Rest/Sleep Talk/Charge Beam, T-Bolt, S-Toss or T-Wave (you pick)/Ice Beam. 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 S.Def Plz on Regice.

Anyways, Regigigas is a tank and should be used as thus. Slow Start cripples it offensively.

Regigigas@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Substitute
    - Thunderwave
    - Headbutt
    - Earthquake

This set is actually pretty annoying when played well. T-Wave and go for flinches to wait out Slow Start.

Registeel@Leftovers / Shed Shell
    252 HP / 100 Att / 156 S.Def
    Careful Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Earthquake
    - Thunderwave / Explosion / Toxic
    - Stealth Rock

Supporting tank. Shed Shell escapes duggy.

or

Registeel@Leftovers
    252 HP / 6 Att / 252 S.Def
    Careful Nature
    - Curse
    - Iron Head
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Curse Talker. Pain to get rid of.

As for Regirock, the Curser is outclassed by Cradily and offensively its outclassed by Rhyperior. https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/regirock Depends on what you want it for really, if you're gonna use it use a set that utilizes its good s.def and better attacking stats and movepool to distinguish it from the aforementioned, the first set is a great example of that so id prolly use that.

Post evs next time because ya know those are kinda important. :/

And lastly

First Gen Toxic = Victory no matter what,

Toxic in first gen sucked ass, it went to normal poison (the non increasing damage kind aka bad) if you switched and took a turn to even damage you after you were inflicted with it.

Last edited:

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
    Years
  • I just thought of something, and I want it to be discussed.

Anyone with a Spiritomb/Sableye with Wonder Guard is Obviously hacking, but has anything ever thought of hitting it with a pokemon with scrappy, using a fighting move? Thoughts?

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    How should i Ev Train a LV 1 Charmander, with a Hardy Nature, and with what attacks?

Kiedyn Bmyoan

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Regigigas@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Substitute
    - Thunderwave
    - Headbutt
    - Earthquake

This set is actually pretty annoying when played well. T-Wave and go for flinches to wait out Slow Start.

I like that a lot (although I don't know exactly WHEN to use Substitute), but I'm playing Platinum, I don't have HH or SS, so he can't have Headbutt. Alternative?

Also for every other Regi I'm getting waaaaaaaaay too many options. They can't all be the best way to utilize each Regi's strengths. So Dark Azelf, I got a lot of questions to ask, and if you could answer em that would be fantastic.

1. Registeel seems to be good with Iron Head, Thunder Wave, Earthquake and Explosion. Why did you suggest Stealth Rock? What purpose does it serve?

2. How exactly does the Curse Talker Registeel work?

3. Would having Charge Beam, T-Bolt, T-Wave, and Ice Beam be a bad combination? I would have chosen S-Toss but it can't learn it....Is this set too many Electrical attacks?

4. If you did put together a moveset for Regirock, could you give me at least a few suggestions for what it might be?

Just to clarify, My Regirock has the highest Atk, Regice has the Highest Sp.Atk, and Registeel is equal on both. (So why use Iron Head instead of Flash Cannon?)

Thanks in advance for the possible answers.

Last edited:
    Back