• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    Well i know i shouldn't fuss but in case you missed it my original post::classic:

We'll are you planning to use this in-game or in competitive play?

Either case, Keep eruption and fire blast at the least. eruption when you're at full health, fire blast when you're low on health and around blaze territory.

as for the other two moveslots, you can try for Focus Punch/Blast and HP Rock to deal with chansey and other fire types

or for in game use, try out sunny day and solarbeam. not much you can do with typhlosion :T

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Well i know i shouldn't fuss but in case you missed it my original post::classic:

I need help with my typhlosion so far it only has fire moves flame thrower + eruption + fire blast i also currently have smokescreen on it shoulf i replace smokescreen with take down or do you have a tm suggestion.

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
    252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Timid / Modest Nature
    -Fire Blast
    -Eruption
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power [Grass]

honestly its best set. tyhplosion kinda sucks :(

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I'm working on finding a noctowl, and was wondering what hidden power would be best for him? I have a HP fighting noctowl, but I'm not sure what is best.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    hows this pinsir (dont give me a smogon one)
    ability: hyper cutter
    seismic toss
    vital throw
    x scissor
    focus energy or swords dance

ALSO: are there any "noob" moves people will complain about online? i know people complain about evasian raising moves, what else, do they think moves like night shade are noob?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hows this pinsir (dont give me a smogon one)
    ability: hyper cutter
    seismic toss
    vital throw
    x scissor
    focus energy or swords dance

ALSO: are there any "noob" moves people will complain about online? i know people complain about evasian raising moves, what else, do they think moves like night shade are noob?

Just evasion and OHKO moves (Sheer Cold etc) are banned.

Anyways onto the set, dont be so stubborn to smogon sets, that is mistake #1. Remember, being original for the sake of being original makes you lose and with such a one dimensional pokemon like Pinsir going with the standard is better.

Mold Breaker as the ability - its biggest selling point is to beat its counters such as Weezing and Rotom by negating their ability.

Ether way Seismic Toss is pointless, set 100 damage on something with such high attack ? No, use Earthquake over it. Seismic Toss is better left to pokemon who cant attack well, e.g Blissey.

Stone Edge >> Vital throw so you don't get completely shut down by anything flying and has amazing coverage with Stone Edge and X-Scissor and use Swords Dance Focus Energy sucks. Vital Throw also sucks, it makes you go last and that is counter productive. :/

I'm working on finding a noctowl, and was wondering what hidden power would be best for him? I have a HP fighting noctowl, but I'm not sure what is best.

Dont use Noctowl offensively (i.e "it really doesn't need a hidden power"), its so overshadowed by things like Xatu, even Chatot when used like that.

Night Shade/Whirlwind/Roost/Reflect or Toxic with a tankish ev spread bias towards sp.def is the way to go.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Just evasion and OHKO moves (Sheer Cold etc) are banned.

Anyways onto the set, dont be so stubborn to smogon sets, that is mistake #1. Remember, being original for the sake of being original makes you lose and with such a one dimensional pokemon like Pinsir going with the standard is better.

Mold Breaker as the ability - its biggest selling point is to beat its counters such as Weezing and Rotom by negating their ability.

Ether way Seismic Toss is pointless, set 100 damage on something with such high attack ? No, use Earthquake over it. Seismic Toss is better left to pokemon who cant attack well, e.g Blissey.

Stone Edge >> Vital throw so you don't get completely shut down by anything flying and has amazing coverage with Stone Edge and X-Scissor and use Swords Dance Focus Energy sucks. Vital Throw also sucks, it makes you go last and that is counter productive. :/

Dont use Noctowl offensively (i.e "it really doesn't need a hidden power"), its so overshadowed by things like Xatu, even Chatot when used like that.

Night Shade/Whirlwind/Roost/Reflect or Toxic with a tankish ev spread bias towards sp.def is the way to go.

thanks. but banned from what?

Years
    It means there banned from competitive play as they rely sheerly on luck.

Please could someone rate a pain split Mismagius that I have been testing in my UU team recently.

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 48 HP/252 Spd/208 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Pain Split

48 HP ev's give me a sub number and more bulk though I am also testing it with 252 in special attack instead as it carries a reasonable chance of revenge killing other Mismagius if I win the speed tie. I have found it goes well with Scarf Blaziken as he can eliminate dark types reasonably well whilst Mismagius is very good at grinding down Milotic.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    ok. but the thing i hate about smogon movesets is that almost EVERYONE uses them.

Almost everyone uses smogon sets because smogon actually takes the time and effort to test and research each and every pokemon to get the best use out of the pokemon in the battle, however.

There are people who run different sets to smogon, so no one is forcing you to use those sets, your free to choose your own.

besides the point

Im in need of help with an ev set

Togekiss
    Timid
    Serene Grace

Nasty Plot
    Baton Pass
    Air Slash
    Roost

should I go with full speed while dividing the rest into HP and Sp atk?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

No need for max Speed, 236 will outspeed Adamant Lucario and that's all you need. Don't use any Sp. Atk EVs. BP Togekiss should only attack if it's been Tricked or Taunted.

252 HP / 20 SDef / 236 Spd

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Beelzenef

Luffy
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    I just bred a Torkoal and was wondering what the best moveset for it was and how I should EV train it.

Pokemon: Torkoal
    Nature: Relaxed
    IVs: Flawless
    Moveset: Pending
    EVs: Pending

Chains

Psychic Trainer
    Years
    I just bred a Torkoal and was wondering what the best moveset for it was and how I should EV train it.

Id use...

Lava Plume
    Stealth Rock
    Rapid Spin
    Explosion / Toxic / Yawn
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Sp.Atk

I guess he makes a nice utility, but being weak to SR doesnt help. You can use Overheat over Lava Plume but Lava Plumes Burn rate is really nice. HP Grass is ok too for Bulky Waters like Quagsire/Gastrodon, but Toxic takes care of both of them and you already bred it flawless. =/

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    If i have a rhyhorn with lighning rod, will it have that ability as a rhyperior?
    Yes, Rhyperior will have Lightningrod then. You need to have a Rhyhorn with Rock Head for a Rhyperior with Solid Rock.

Either use what Chains suggested or this:

Torkoal @ Leftovers
    Ability: White Smoke
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Moveset:
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Overheat
    ~ Will-o-Wisp / Toxic / Yawn
    ~ Explosion.

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
    I'm having trouble deciding on the final move of my Froslass. Some advice would be appreciated.

Blizzeta

252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Hp

Timid

Spikes, Taunt, Hail, ???.

I'm torn between Ice Beam, Ice Shard and Blizzard. Any suggestions?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I'm having trouble deciding on the final move of my Froslass. Some advice would be appreciated.

Blizzeta

252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Hp

Timid

Spikes, Taunt, Hail, ???.

I'm torn between Ice Beam, Ice Shard and Blizzard. Any suggestions?

Use Spikes/Taunt/Shadow Ball/Destiny Bond

Hail is a bad move, so don't use that. Make sure its holding a focus sash so that you can use destiny bond and use it as a lead.

Back