• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
  • Ok, I make a new moveset, Perish song tactics
    -Perish Song (to kill foe's pokemon)
    -Mean Look (to prevent Pokemon from switching out, it's okay if foe use baton pass since it'll be get the perish song effect)
    -Embargo (to prevent foe pokemon using Shed Shell to switch out)

So I already got 3, for another one I need something that prevent foe by using it's ability (so foe can't use Soundproof), is there one? Also, will this works?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Ok, I make a new moveset, Perish song tactics
    -Perish Song (to kill foe's pokemon)
    -Mean Look (to prevent Pokemon from switching out, it's okay if foe use baton pass since it'll be get the perish song effect)
    -Embargo (to prevent foe pokemon using Shed Shell to switch out)

So I already got 3, for another one I need something that prevent foe by using it's ability (so foe can't use Soundproof), is there one? Also, will this works?

The ability Mummy, Gastro Acid and Worry Seed all negate the foes ability.
    (Mummy changes it to Mummy, Gastro removes it and Worry Seed makes it Insomnia.

As far as pokemon go, i don't think any have all those moves (though i may be wrong)

Years
  • Does anyone know how to breed an Elekid with IcePunch? Need it for my in game team, thanks <33

I got an Electivire from my PBR as a mystery gift.

Electivire Lv 54
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Motor Drive
    Item: Magnet
    Moves:
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunder Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Cross Chop

You can breed Elekid with a father Hitmonchan/Machamp/Alakazam/Medicham/Lopunny/Hypno to get Ice Punch.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
  • The ability Mummy, Gastro Acid and Worry Seed all negate the foes ability.
    (Mummy changes it to Mummy, Gastro removes it and Worry Seed makes it Insomnia.

As far as pokemon go, i don't think any have all those moves (though i may be wrong)
    Thanks, by the way I don't ask for Pokemon that can learn it, I ask will the tactics always success or it can fail?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Worry seed might actually be quite useful on Jumpluff, if that is what you are asking about. Worry seed as Dory switches in, worry seed guts users like Roobushin, worry seed Breloom as it switches in and you negate poison heal/tech..... worry seed everything on stall with rest. yep, it's a gimmick, but it might just work :x

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • but it's very risky, and amount of pokemon it can deal with is less than those who don't really care is there isnomiacs or not :P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • does anyone know how to breed/train a (theoretically) perfect eevee.....

Assuming you're talking about Gen 4 metagame, pick a moveset from Smogon. That site provides the ideal nature, moves, and EVs for all Pokemon. To breed a perfect Pokemon, your best option is to learn how to abuse the game's RNG...

Alternative's Guide to DPPt RNG Abuse [Breeding Only]

Alternative's Guide to HGSS RNG Abuse [Breeding Only]

Alternatives Guide to HG/SS Egg moves

Smogon D/P/PT RNG Manipulation Guide

Smogons Classic IV Breeding Guide

RNG Reporter

Detox

HP = Battle Tabunne on Routes 1 through 3, where they have a 100% appearance rate in rustling grass and are low-leveled. I personally like to ride back and forth below the tall grass near the daycare centers on Route 3. Remember that Tabunne give 2 HP EVs apiece.

Attack = Battle Minezumi and Yorterrie on Route 1. They are the only Pokémon you'll find and are low-leveled, making this very easy. They each give 1 Attack EV.

Defense = You have two options here. You can either go to Yaguruma Forest, where Kurumiru and Fushide have a combined appearance rate of 50%, or to the top floor of the Ancient Castle, where Desumas appears 50% of the time. All of these give 1 Defense EV. Note that if you walk in the thick double grass in Yaguruma Forest, you'll find Kurumayu and Hoiiga, which each give 2 Defense EVs but are significantly tougher to defeat. Watch out for Fushide and Hoiiga's Poison Point, by the way.

Sp.Atk = Battle Hitomoshi in Heavenly Tower. They're higher-leveled than the Pokémon in my other EV-training spots, so be careful. On higher floors, you can also encounter Riguree. Both of these give 1 Sp.Atk EV.

Sp.Def = Battle Pururiru by surfing on Route 4. Remember that they're part-ghost, so be careful. They'll be low-leveled on this route, though, ranging from Lv.5 to Lv.15, and appear 100% of the time. Each gives 1 Sp.Def EV.

Speed = Battle Basurao by surfing in Sanyou City. They show up 100% of the time and are low-leveled here, going no higher than Lv.15. Each gives 2 Speed EVs.

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Years
  • Try one of these movesets. The former grants power, the latter grants flexibility and unpredictability (?)

Octillery @Choice Specs
    252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Modest (+SpA, -Att)
    Sniper
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Surf
    ~Signal Beam
    ~Psychic

Octillery @Leftovers
    252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD (tweakable)
    Bold (+Def, -Att)
    Suction Cups
    ~Charge Beam
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Surf
    ~Substitute

The former set is a Specs set, doubling damage done but severely limiting Octillery's flexibility (which is about the only good thing Octillery has). The latter requires luck and prediction to pull off, and is a little gimmicky, like most SubBeam sets. However, its attacks cover a fairly large portion of NU pokemon, making Octilerry quite formidable.

Hassan_Abdillah

Wayfarer
    Years
  • Suggest improvisations for my team.

Hey people, hope everyone is doing well ^_^

Heres my three-pokemon team that I use for the battle tower. I think its pretty average (meaning could definitely use improvisations).

Garchomp, Adamant, soft sand

Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Stone Age
    Crunch

Gardevoir, Modest, Life Orb

Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Energy Ball

Gyarados, Adamant, Leftovers

Aqua tail
    Earthquake
    Ice fang
    Toxic

thanks in advance.

PKMpulido

PKM Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    IV Breeding

Can someone please give me a clear understanding of how to IV Breed???

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Hey I've been working on a swampert and I'm impressed with the results for the most part but I enjoy a second oppinion. (This is where this goes right?)

Swampert: (kipper)
    level: 100
    item: leftovers
    nature: adamant
    charicteristic: Strong willed (idk what it helps in but I asume its not sp.atk or speed which is good enough for me)
    EVS: 100 attk, 100 def, 100 sp.def, and the rest i dumped into HP for leftovers to be more useful.

moves:
    EQ- powerfull stab move.

Waterfall-if I am correct, when torrent is active its base power will be 120 if I did my math right, (I'm happy for any corrections offered) which will therefore pack a punch and put a use to its ability.

avalanche- Not speed based so thats not a problem, and If you can survive a blow from one grass attack this should be fatal to a grass pokemon with its 120 base power.

Stealth rock- Swampert can be effectivly put in first thing since It only has weakness to grass, allowing you to set this up if an enemy either tries to switch out to grass or try to put a dent in swamperts defences.

So thats my swampert, It makes a good solid "starting off the battle" pokemon.

Detox

Well I suggest you take a look at one of the following sets. You may find they function better than your set.

Swampert@Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    Evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Protect / Roar / Surf / Boiling Water

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Careful Nature (+SpD, -SAtk)
    Evs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
    - Curse
    - Earthquake / Waterfall
    - Rest
    - Avalanche / Sleep Talk

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • I have my doubt about the first set sugjested , the second one seems much more functionable just at looks. curse sounds like a useful move to possibly replace stealth rock, the only mater is getting it, I dont know what pokemon would give the egg move.

Mind that I'm still stuck in the fourth generation, I will probably decide to upgrade sometime around fall next year (soon to be happy new year =P). By then It will be cheaper, and because they couldnt manage to squeeze it in before christmas which kinda stinks.

Silent Crest

Celestial Shine
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Well I suggest you take a look at one of the following sets. You may find they function better than your set.

Swampert@Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    Evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Protect / Roar / Surf / Boiling Water

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Careful Nature (+SpD, -SAtk)
    Evs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
    - Curse
    - Earthquake / Waterfall
    - Rest
    - Avalanche / Sleep Talk

Depends on what role you want it to play. 1st is more lead-ish. 2nd is more late game tank.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Well The first set could work for me but if its got EQ and the +4 atk evs and a nature that takes away speed then why not remove ice beam with avalanche as I have used in my set for a much higher base power.

I see its strategy as setting up Stealth rock then using roar to switch it out constantly to deal damage. the only problem is a water pokemon could be a problem because stealth rock wont do much and youve deprived EQ of much of its EVs.

and since swamperts slow wouldnt you not be able to cut off attacks with roar?

Back