• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Team / Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Aerial ace and brick break for
    A snorlax that double team/attract or maybe other that DT much. But i forgot that rest is a good choice too.

My espeon is attack nature but change when at pinch. Same with skarmory and swampert i think.

Problem arise when vs water type (milotic), normal type, or dark type since i really have no counter for it. Should i chage Espy for Naive Starmie?

DDBoahTar

DDBoahTar used win!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    Can someone please make me a D/P Team.

Rules:

No Legendaries.
    Provide EVs.
    Provide Natures.
    Provide Trait.
    Suggest 3 IVs to breed 31s in for each Pokemon.
    Do Not Suggest Hidden Power as this is for Wi-Fi.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    So i was thinking about making a new team since im sick of my current netbattle team.So i have my thoughts on using these:
    Tauros
    Ttar
    Meta
    Blis
    Clefable
    Celebi
    Any good idea's on building them up?

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    So i was thinking about making a new team since im sick of my current netbattle team.So i have my thoughts on using these:
    Tauros
    Ttar
    Meta
    Blis
    Clefable
    Celebi
    Any good idea's on building them up?

Well, for one thing, Heracross completely mows this team down. Clefable, while a cool Pokemon, relatively doesn't do anything in the OU metagame, so it might be a good idea to drop it. From there you can add Gyarados, Salamence, Weezing, or Skarmory. All 4 do wonderful jobs at keeping Hera at bay, and Skarm and Weezing would serve as your physical walls, which you severely need right now. I think a combination of Tauros/Gyarados/Magneton might be pretty interesting here. You get a double Intimidate and Magneton clears out any impeding Skarmories that would otherwise wall Gyara and Tauros. Heck, your Celebi could even Baton Pass Swords dances to them. That's my two cents, so as far as movesets and EV suggestions for your current choices:

Tauros @ Choice Band
    Trait: Indimidate
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Double-Edge / Return
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]
    - Sleep Talk / Iron Tail

Max Attack. Between 300-310 stat total (preferably the latter). Rest in HP.

Tyranitar - You can use either:

- Choice Band set (Rock Slide/Earthquake/HP Bug/Focus Punch)
    - Dragon Dance set (DD/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Taunt or Double-Edge)
    - Boah (Sub/Focus Punch/Crunch/Thunderbolt or Fire Blast)
    - Physical Boah (Sub/Focus Punch/Rock Slide/HP Bug)

Right now, I'd say Boah is your best bet. For that, use a Quiet Nature, at least 160 Speed stat total (about 80 EVs with Quiet) Max HP, and the rest in Special Attack.

Metagross is a bit trickier. You've already got a Choice Bander, so it MIGHT be redundant on Metagross at this point. You could use Agiligross, which could be devastating with SD Passing from Celebi, as I mentioned earlier. You might even make it a Mixed attacker, so that Celebi could even pass Calm Minds to both it and Boah. For Agiligross, a minimum of 198 Speed stat total is needed. Max Attack with the remains in HP, or a little in the defenses. Adamant Natured. For a mix set:

- Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Thunderpunch / Psychic
    - Explosion / Hidden Power [Grass / Fire]

If you use a Hidden Power, Thunderpunch with HP Grass, Psychic with HP Fire.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy / Counter
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss / Counter
    - Ice Beam / Thunder Wave / Counter

Not that I would recommend Counter here, but it has to be mentioned, IMO. Max Defense. Some HP, some SAtk if you're using Ice Beam. You can use just a little SDef if you'd like.

Can't help you with Clefable; haven't messed with it in a while. But the general options are Reflect, Light Screen, Wish, Thunder Wave, Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Softboiled, Seismic Toss. That sort of thing.

Celebi can be a Calm Minder or Swords Dancer. It's recommended by most people (not necessarily including me) to use at least 300 Speed while passing, so use a Timid Nature for a Calm Mind passer, Jolly for an SD passer. Max HP, the rest in Defense.

- Calm Mind / Swords Dance
    - Psychic / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Recover
    - Baton Pass

Calm Mind with Psychic, Swords Dance with Shadow Ball/HP Fighting, obviously. If you really need it to tank, however, just use:

@ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Recover
    - Psychic
    - Leech Seed / Reflect / Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Heal Bell / Calm Mind / Reflect

If you like my suggestions, I can help out with setting those up as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    Well, for one thing, Heracross completely mows this team down. Clefable, while a cool Pokemon, relatively doesn't do anything in the OU metagame, so it might be a good idea to drop it. From there you can add Gyarados, Salamence, Weezing, or Skarmory. All 4 do wonderful jobs at keeping Hera at bay, and Skarm and Weezing would serve as your physical walls, which you severely need right now. I think a combination of Tauros/Gyarados/Magneton might be pretty interesting here. You get a double Intimidate and Magneton clears out any impeding Skarmories that would otherwise wall Gyara and Tauros. Heck, your Celebi could even Baton Pass Swords dances to them. That's my two cents, so as far as movesets and EV suggestions for your current choices:

Tauros @ Choice Band
    Trait: Indimidate
    - Double-Edge / Return
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]
    - Sleep Talk / Iron Tail

Max Attack. Between 300-310 stat total (preferably the latter). Rest in HP.

Tyranitar - You can use either:

- Choice Band set (Rock Slide/Earthquake/HP Bug/Focus Punch)
    - Dragon Dance set (DD/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Taunt or Double-Edge)
    - Boah (Sub/Focus Punch/Crunch/Thunderbolt or Fire Blast)
    - Physical Boah (Sub/Focus Punch/Rock Slide/HP Bug)

Right now, I'd say Boah is your best bet. For that, use a Quiet Nature, at least 160 Speed stat total (about 80 EVs with Quiet) Max HP, and the rest in Special Attack.

Metagross is a bit trickier. You've already got a Choice Bander, so it MIGHT be redundant on Metagross at this point. You could use Agiligross, which could be devastating with SD Passing from Celebi, as I mentioned earlier. You might even make it a Mixed attacker, so that Celebi could even pass Calm Minds to both it and Boah. For Agiligross, a minimum of 198 Speed stat total is needed. Max Attack with the remains in HP, or a little in the defenses. Adamant Natured. For a mix set:

- Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Thunderpunch / Psychic
    - Explosion / Hidden Power [Grass / Fire]

If you use a Hidden Power, Thunderpunch with HP Grass, Psychic with HP Fire.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy / Counter
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss / Counter
    - Ice Beam / Thunder Wave / Counter

Not that I would recommend Counter here, but it has to be mentioned, IMO. Max Defense. Some HP, some SAtk if you're using Ice Beam. You can use just a little SDef if you'd like.

Can't help you with Clefable; haven't messed with it in a while. But the general options are Reflect, Light Screen, Wish, Thunder Wave, Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Softboiled, Seismic Toss. That sort of thing.

Celebi can be a Calm Minder or Swords Dancer. It's recommended by most people (not necessarily including me) to use at least 300 Speed while passing, so use a Timid Nature for a Calm Mind passer, Jolly for an SD passer. Max HP, the rest in Defense.

- Calm Mind / Swords Dance
    - Psychic / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Recover
    - Baton Pass

Calm Mind with Psychic, Swords Dance with Shadow Ball/HP Fighting, obviously. If you really need it to tank, however, just use:

@ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Recover
    - Psychic
    - Leech Seed / Reflect / Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Heal Bell / Calm Mind / Reflect

If you like my suggestions, I can help out with setting those up as well.

Every thing seems pretty much as i have all ready exept on the Blissy which has fire punch to keep the steel poks at bay. (works way better then i expected)And rest on Tauros, the poks pretty much as you said. But im going to test the tank idea of Celebi. The Clefable is pretty much finished after thinking it over, from the 3 matched it its pretty good with: soft,icebeam,shadowball,reflect/seis. But il be making a weezing to switch with clefable from time to time.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Every thing seems pretty much as i have all ready exept on the Blissy which has fire punch to keep the steel poks at bay. (works way better then i expected)And rest on Tauros, the poks pretty much as you said. But im going to test the tank idea of Celebi. The Clefable is pretty much finished after thinking it over, from the 3 matched it its pretty good with: soft,icebeam,shadowball,reflect/seis. But il be making a weezing to switch with clefable from time to time.

Well, the first thing is, Blissey gets Flamethrower. The next thing is, Blissey gets alot more use from Ice Beam, since the only Steel type that usually switches in on a Blissey is Metagross, who is dealing massive damage, or even Jirachi, who has Calm Mind and Wish. I've seen Flamethrower used before, but it's usually on Serene Grace movesets, followed up with another attack, like Ice Beam or Thunderbolt, or on a Baton Pass team featuring Calm Mind.

As for Clefable, the offense you choice for it don't really do anything. The worst Gengar can do to Clefable is Will-o-Wisp it, Hypnosis it, or Explode on it. It's not going to really hurt it badly on the special side, so you don'y have to worry about using Shadow Ball to deal with it. You can just use Ice Beam for it. That leaves your next slot open for Seismic Toss, for consistent damage, or Thunderbolt.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
    Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    I need a team for ruby that has Walrein, Haryiama, Swampert +3 more Hoenns.
    a steel would be good, preferably not Mawile or Aggron.. If your putting in a psychic, not Gardevoir.
    Movesets and EVs would be real nice!

Years
    I need a team for ruby that has Walrein, Haryiama, Swampert +3 more Hoenns.
    a steel would be good, preferably not Mawile or Aggron.. If your putting in a psychic, not Gardevoir.
    Movesets and EVs would be real nice!

I'll help sych ^_^

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP / 96 Atk / 120 Def / 52 SAtk
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Surf

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 72 HP / 156 Atk / 64 Def / 176 Spd / 40 SDef
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Return
    - Taunt

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 160 HP / 60 Def / 224 SAtk / 64 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
    - Brick Break
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off
    - (Filler)

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Keen Eye
    EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Rest
    - Roar
    - Toxic

Claydol @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 236 HP / 8 Atk / 72 Def / 112 SAtk / 80 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Psychic
    - Light Screen
    - Ice Beam
    - Explosion

This was made to be in-game friendly, but some are ridciulous cause you only get one EQ tm, but Swapert at least learns it naturally...

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    If it were in-game friendly, Walrein wouldn't be using HP Grass.

DDBoahTar

DDBoahTar used win!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    Can someone please make me a D/P Team.

Rules:

No Legendaries.
    Provide EVs.
    Provide Natures.
    Provide Trait.
    Suggest 3 IVs to breed 31s in for each Pokemon.
    Do Not Suggest Hidden Power as this is for Wi-Fi.

And maybe could I actually get an answer this time please? :(

eeVee.

Go Pochama!
    Years
    I would like a Pearl team that has these pokemon in it:

Lumineon
    Gallade
    Froslass
    Leafeon
    Mismagius
    Togekiss

I need help coming up with movesets for them, and the natures too, cause I don't really get what the natures do... ._.;

Anyway, I would like Synchronize to do my request, if possible. Thanks~ ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    If it were in-game friendly, Walrein wouldn't be using HP Grass.

Oh yeah, I forgot to change that to Surf when I took it from nb text

Edit: eeVee, here's your team, My first try at D/P though...
    Lumineon@Wet Rock
    Modest
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Rain Dance
    Silver Wind

Gallade@Life Orb
    Adamant
    Will-O-Wisp
    Night Slash
    Close Combat
    Psycho Cutter

Froslass@Leftovers
    Bold
    Thunder Wave
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Light Screen

Leafeon@Leftovers
    Adamant
    Leaf Blade
    Synthesis
    X-Scissor
    Swords Dance

Togekiss@Leftoves
    Timid
    Thuder Wave
    Air Slash
    Aura Sphere
    Roost

Mismagius@Leftovers
    Bold
    Perish Song
    Mean Look
    Pain Split
    Protect

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    Well, the first thing is, Blissey gets Flamethrower. The next thing is, Blissey gets alot more use from Ice Beam, since the only Steel type that usually switches in on a Blissey is Metagross, who is dealing massive damage, or even Jirachi, who has Calm Mind and Wish. I've seen Flamethrower used before, but it's usually on Serene Grace movesets, followed up with another attack, like Ice Beam or Thunderbolt, or on a Baton Pass team featuring Calm Mind.

As for Clefable, the offense you choice for it don't really do anything. The worst Gengar can do to Clefable is Will-o-Wisp it, Hypnosis it, or Explode on it. It's not going to really hurt it badly on the special side, so you don'y have to worry about using Shadow Ball to deal with it. You can just use Ice Beam for it. That leaves your next slot open for Seismic Toss, for consistent damage, or Thunderbolt.

Switched Flamethrower with firepunch and seis with shadow ball. Still working like a charm no harm done. Thanks for the pointers. Now while im at it any idea's for Furret.

Last edited:

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Furret @ Choice Band
    - Return/Body Slam/Double-Edge
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Punch / Brick Break
    - Trick

You can hit hard with CBed physical moves, and screwup some special attacker later with Trick.

Furret @ Liechi Berry / Salac Berry
    - Substitute / Endure
    - Reversal
    - Return / Body Slam
    - Shadow Ball

Or, as an alternative, you can use a Reversaler, though that might not be a good idea with Tyranitar around. Good future reference though, I suppose.

Years
    Can I get a NB team that's UU but still really effective.. I'm still a relatively newb to NB, but I grasp the concept very well.. (but I still can't figure out very good teams) And if Sneasel isn't OU I'd like to have it in there..

Please include a nice tank and special sweeper.. Thanks!

Sneasel is NU, lower than even UU ._.

This is my usual UU team:
    Fearow (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Keen Eye
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Drill Peck
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Quick Attack
    - Return

Hypno (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Insomnia
    EVs: 228 HP / 188 Def / 92 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Light Screen
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic
    - Wish

Solrock @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 220 HP / 96 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Reflect
    - Rock Slide

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 85 HP / 85 Atk / 85 Def / 85 Spd / 85 SAtk / 85 SDef
    Hardy Nature (Neutral)
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt

Granbull (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 124 HP / 192 Atk / 96 Def / 96 SDef
    - Heal Bell
    - Rest
    - Return
    - Sleep Talk

Vileplume (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 52 HP / 248 Spd / 184 SAtk / 24 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Sleep Powder
    - Solar Beam
    - Sunny Day

and here's sneasel:

Sneasel (M) @ Liechi Berry
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Shadow Ball
    - Brick Break

Mizuken

Mastermind
    Years
    Sorry if you are busy, but my brother wishes to have an ingame team centered around infernape. If you could that would be great. Remeber this team is not competitive. my brother hates things like having to counter skarm-bliss or hazers.

Oh yeah! he has pearl version.

Last edited:

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    May i request Glacia and leafia good moveset and the rest of eeveelution? If possible give alternative for double battle and/or with no item/hidden power moveset too.

DDBoahTar

DDBoahTar used win!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    Need a D/P Wifi Team. I want Feraligatr on it. I don't want any Legends on it. I don't want any Hidden Power on it. I'd like it to be atleast 16.66666667% unstandard (1/6).

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Why Iceman is not helping in the D/P department, idk, but that's probably the only person I know on this forum who'd actually fill a D/P request. You might try persuading him in a PM.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Can someone give me a good team on FireRed? I need movesets, items, natures, blah, blah, blah.

I need to be able to get them all on FireRed before the Elite Four. Thanks.
    P.S. PM it to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back