• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Team / Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    I meant counter. I get counter, and close combat mixed for some reason? lol. So What should I do for my team?

Last edited:

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
    Um...

I will request agaign movesets for:

Drapion-Phys. Tank

Toxicroak-Phys. Sweeper

Toxicroak @ Choice Band/Scarf
    Nature: Jolly / Adamant
    Trait: Dry Skin / Anticipation
    EV Spread: 6 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD

Cross Chop
    Poison Jab / X-Scissor
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

I'm not familiar with the Physical Set as I usually run the Scarfed Mixed Set.

Drapion @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Trait: Battle Armor
    EV Spread: 200 HP / 56 ATK / 252 DEF

Night Slash / Crunch / Cross Poison
    Brick Break / Earthquake / Fire Fang
    Knock Off
    Toxic Spikes / Screech / Roar

It was in the Q & A thread.

latioslegends

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    ok I think I am taking sceptle out. But what would be a good poke to replace it then?

Years
    Hi, I'm kinda having problems on deciding on a team, I have sorta 3 pokemon, 2 fin besides items, one decided on using.

Starmie@Modest/6HP/252SpA/252Spe
    Thunder Bolt
    Ice Beam
    Rapid Spin
    Surf

Garchomp@Jolly/16HP/252Atk/ 240Spe
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang
    Dragon Claw
    Swords Dance

A Wall of some description with Empoleon?

My environment is mostly OU & BL one, I was thinking of Miltank too, but I don't know how I'd use it. As I am knew to competitive battling, this is kinda hard for me :P That leaves two spaces left, but I don't know what to use. I think one more BL and one more OU, keep them 3/3, as where I battle, the people can get *****y with too many OUs. Thanks to anyone who wants to help me.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hi, I'm kinda having problems on deciding on a team, I have sorta 3 pokemon, 2 fin besides items, one decided on using.

Starmie@Modest/4HP/252SpA/252Spe
    Thunder Bolt
    Ice Beam
    Rapid Spin
    Surf Modest isn't an Item.. Timid always for the Nature.

Garchomp@Jolly/16HP/252Atk/ 240Spe
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang
    Dragon Claw
    Swords Dance Starmie has 6 HP which is kinda.. Wierd. And there's nothing wrong with 4 EV's in anything.. Also,
    read the first thing for Starmie..
    Jolly isn't a Item.. Jolly and the Ev's are fine..

A Wall of some description with Empoleon?

My environment is mostly OU & BL one, I was thinking of Miltank too, but I don't know how I'd use it. As I am knew to competitive battling, this is kinda hard for me :P That leaves two spaces left, but I don't know what to use. I think one more BL and one more OU, keep them 3/3, as where I battle, the people can get *****y with too many OUs. Thanks to anyone who wants to help me.

Changes / Fixes in Bold. Starmie and Garchomp are the start of a Bolt-Beam Weak.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    I need a few tips on Pokémon I've been breeding.

Blastoise (♂) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP/58 Atk/200 SDef
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Aqua Jet
    - Fake Out
    - Rapid Spin
    - Waterfall/Earthquake

Basically a special tank/wall. Two Egg moves, Aqua Jet and Fakeout. Two hours of work got me a Squirtle with these moves. Now I just need a suitable spread. Obviously Begin attacking with Fakeout, which will also void any Sashers, provided they lack Lefties, following up with an Aqua Jet. That's upto a quarter of the enemy's health gone before they've even attacked. Rapid Spin to remove Spikes/SR, Waterfall for want of a good STAB attack. Although Earthquake may have more power anyway.
    ---
    Minun (♀) @ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Minus
    EVs: 42 HP/158 Spd/252 SAtk/58 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot/Helping Hand
    - Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot
    - Baton Pass/Helping Hand

An original set that I've come up with, making some use of her somewhat suprisingly high Base 85 Sp.Def. When used in a team, I hope to combine her with a Plusle, to make use of her ability, and to use Helping Hand. In singles/without Plusle, basically begin the battle with a Nasty Plot. Shuca Berry to weaken any EQs she is certain to run into. Two attacking moves, Baton Pass to continue the stat boosts if things get too hot for the little critter.

Last edited:

latioslegends

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Ok I have my team idea, and have some of them of the pokes.

Garchomp
    nature admant
    stats 347/391/216/149/175/301
    moves swords dance/stone edge/ dragon claw/earthquake
    Item ?

Alakazam
    Nature timid
    Moves ????
    ite focus sash

Metegross
    nature admant
    stats 301/405/296/203/278/177
    moves ice punch/meteor mash/earthqucke/agility
    Item leftovers

Heracross
    The set in Flare, or shir I will use. Which is better?

I need something to hold defense (I was thinking wailord, or snorlax). Also should i replace any my pokes for a good Blance, and everything that I did not say, can I get some advise on what to use^^" Any help is appreciated for my team. (Like something that will work good, with sceptile.)

Years

Starmie/Modest/6HP/252SpA/252Spe
    Thunder Bolt
    Ice Beam
    Rapid Spin
    Surf

Garchomp/Jolly/16HP/252Atk/ 240Spe
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang
    Dragon Claw
    Swords Dance

Empoleon???

Miltank???

My environment is mostly OU & BL one. As I am knew to competitive battling, this is kinda hard for me :P That leaves two spaces left, but I don't know what to use. I think one more BL and one more OU, keep them 3/3, as where I battle, the people can get *****y with too many OUs. Thanks to anyone who wants to help me.
    Edited

Garchomp can't learn Ice fang :D
    Sorry, Typo, I was getting ready for bed while typing. :P

Starmie has 6 HP which is kinda.. Wierd. And there's nothing wrong with 4 EV's in anything.. Also,
    read the first thing for Starmie.. Jolly isn't a Item.. Jolly and the Ev's are fine..

Changes / Fixes in Bold. Starmie and Garchomp are the start of a Bolt-Beam Weak.
    Sorry, first time, same excuse as before.

Timid for Starmie, aye, it is already realy fast, with Maxed Spe, not easily outspeeded by anything in my BL dominent meta, Choice Scarf isn't gonna make much difference, if it's faster due to that, it's faster. I chose Modest to make sure of OHKO's. What is the reasoning for Timid then?

As for my 6HP, well, why not say where those 2 floating EVs go O_O;

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Ok I have my team idea, and have some of them of the pokes.

Garchomp
    nature Jolly
    stats 347/391/216/149/175/301 <~ We don't care about stats, post EVs please.
    Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Fire Blast
    Dragon Claw / Outrage
    Item Life Orb

Alakazam
    Nature timid
    Psychic
    Trick
    HP [ICE] / Shadowball
    Focus Blast
    ite Choice Specs

Metegross
    nature admant
    stats 301/405/296/203/278/177 <~ Like I said, we don't care.
    Meteor Mash
    Agility
    Thunderpunch
    Explosion / Hammer Arm
    Item leftovers

Heracross@ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
    Trait: Guts
    Nature: Adamant / Jolly
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Megahorn
    - Close Combat
    - Sleep Talk
    - Pursuit

I need something to hold defense (I was thinking wailord, or snorlax). Also should i replace any my pokes for a good Blance, and everything that I did not say, can I get some advise on what to use^^" Any help is appreciated for my team. (Like something that will work good, with sceptile.)

Fixes packed neatly in a quote.

latioslegends

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Sweet thx^_^ Um what would be two good pokes to balance my team? I was thinking wailord, or snorlax, but what would be a good 6th one?

Glisctillery

Something purple and has wings
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2010
    hey, it's richard steel's birthday today! :)

anyways, i'm looking for ev spread and a moveset on noctowl and entei, any helpers? (yes, i am the person who uses a lot of uu pokemon)

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    OK, does Walrein have potental to Sp. Wall? I modeled it on a Walrein that I faced on Shoddy a while back (note that this Walrein is on my actual game, not on Shoddy) It walled me to death! Anyway, here's the moveset:
    Walrein @ Leftovers
    Careful (Waterfall's flinch rate is nice)
    Ice Body
    Hail
    Subsitute
    Waterfall
    Rest

Eh? Will this work?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back