• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Standard Smogon Mixmence. Time to increase my postcount, thanks to you lazy people!

Salamence @ Life Orb
    120 Atk / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
    Intimidate
    Mild/Rash
    -Brick Break
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    -Dragon Claw / Crunch / Roost

BBreak, Meteor and your fire attack will hit everything for huge amounts of damage. Your fourth move is recommended to be one of those: Dragon Claw is for a more reliable Dragon-typed move. Crunch is for Cresselia and Dusknoir. Roost is there in case you want to recover some Life Orb damage.

Years
    Standard Smogon Mixmence. Time to increase my postcount, thanks to you lazy people!

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Intimidate
    Mild/Rash
    -Brick Break
    -Draco Meteor

BBreak, Meteor and your fire attack will hit everything for huge amounts of damage. Your fourth move is recommended to be one of those: Dragon Claw is for a more reliable Dragon-typed move. Crunch is for Cresselia and Dusknoir. Roost is there in case you want to recover some Life Orb damage.
    Dragon Claw is not breaking any walls and isn't really needed. =/ Losing Roost and being in Sandstorm with Life Orb is suicidal. >=O Crunch can be used though for those two though. =]

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2009
    Well I only have 3 that Im askin about before I get a good understandin

Wobbufett-whats the best nature? what should I focus evs on and is his basic moveset good?

Bastiodon,Rampardos-I dont kno to much about them jus need to kno prefered natures and movesset

Thanks and sorry if Im doin it wrong

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    For Wobbuffet, it depends. Jolly Wobbuffet can outrun most walls and PP stall them to death. If you want to go standard Wobba, go with a +Def or +SDef nature, and invest EVs in both defenses.

Bastiodon, don't bother. It's 4x weak to Fighting and Ground, two types that are extremely common.

As for Rampardos, go with ScarfDos. He can outrun a number of faster threats, such as Gengar. Go with...

Rampardos @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP
    - HEAD SMAAAAASH
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit/ Focus Punch

It's possible to put Stone Edge over Head Smash, but doing so would void your rights of being a man. Seriously, you may as well put on your bikini and go sunbathing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2009
    For Wobbuffet, it depends. Jolly Wobbuffet can outrun most walls and PP stall them to death. If you want to go standard Wobba, go with a +Def or +SDef nature, and invest EVs in both defenses.

As for Rampardos, go with ScarfDos. He can outrun a number of faster threats, such as Gengar. Go with...

Rampardos @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP
    - HEAD SMAAAAASH
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit/ Focus Punch

It's possible to put Stone Edge over Head Smash, but doing so would void your rights of being a man. Seriously, you may as well put on your bikini and go sunbathing.

all noted and thanks could u explain how wobb would outrun most threats and walls/pps also is leftovers the best hold items for him? if this is to much jus pm it to me and still thanks again...

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Never use fly. EVER
    Sorry, but it has no use whatsoever.
    Anyways, rant over :P
    Standard Aerodactyl:
    Aero@Choice Band
    Jolly
    252Att/216Spd/42HP
    EQ
    Stone Edge
    Fire Fang
    Ice Fang
    I myself don't run the HP EVs, but apparently they're standard. Some people also run rock slide over Stone edge since it has better accuracy and high flinch rate.

Standard Dragonite:
    Nite@Life Orb/Leftovers
    Jolly
    252Att/252Spd/6HP
    Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Fire Ounch/Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    DDNite, quite a beast.

I was looking back on old posts and I found this about aerodactal, I have to say I dissagree about fly. In most cases nyes it is really bad but it can be used for the pressuredayctal stratagy (I take no credit for this moveset as yet I know not who came up with it)

Leftovers
    252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    Ability: Pressure
    -Substitute
    -Protect
    -Fly
    -Rock Slide/Earthquake

I use this in UN and I find this can irritate oppoments greatly, simply wear down their pp while evadeing attack! (Good fo a poke that you are having trouble with :) )

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Or, they can switch out to an appropriate counter while you are up in the air. Bad enough Aero is fragile. Then weak to Taunt. Hell, that's Gya weak. Aero should never be Gya weak. While you Fly, I can either

-Switch out
    -Charge up
    -Taunt when you come down
    -Smash you hard as soon as you land, breaking your weak sub.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    what yall think?

My Diamond Team (tell me what you think):

1. Sparky (Luxray) LVL 100
    Modest
    1. Discharge
    2. Thunderbolt
    3. Iron Tail
    4. Crunch

2. Spikey (Rhypherior) LVL 100
    Impish
    1. Earthquake
    2. Stone Edge
    3. Swords Dance
    4. Megahorn

3. Milo (Milotic) LVL 100
    Bold
    1. Surf
    2. Ice Beam
    3. Recover
    4. Hypnosis

4. Razly (Roserade) LVL 100
    Timid
    1. Sunny Day
    2. Weather Ball
    3. Leaf Storm
    4. Sludge Bomb

5. Blaze (Charizard) LVL 100
    Adamant
    1. SolarBeam
    2. Seismic Toss
    3. Flamethrower
    4. Fly

6. Zues (Arceus) LVL 100
    Rash
    1. Judgment
    2. Aeroblast
    3. Hydro Cannon
    4. Frenzy Plant
    ^
    I was thikin about replacing Arceus with a Sableye with the movies Lock-on, Fissure, Sheer cold, Horn Drill. Naughty Nature...

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    A team of 5 Magikarps & a Weedle, carefully EV'ed to lvl 100, can barely crash your game, as they will destroy the elite four.'

I may be exaggerating, but I'm too scared to try.

Well....I beat the elite 4 with 5 feebass's at lv 65 :) (no idea why I did it lol)

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Intimidate
    Mild/Rash
    -Brick Break
    -Draco Meteor

I like this set but only problem is that I am playing the 3rd generation games, since I don't have a DS, my sister does but she plays with Pokemon Pearl

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    all noted and thanks could u explain how wobb would outrun most threats and walls/pps also is leftovers the best hold items for him? if this is to much jus pm it to me and still thanks again...

Jolly 252 SPEED, Switch in on Stealth Rock or some other dum move and Safeguard to protect from status and Encore =D. Remove all their non-attack move pp and force them to either struggle or attack and you counter/ mirror coat them to death.

Set is

Wobuffet@Leftovers
    252 DEF / 252 SPEED / 6 sp.def
    Jolly Nature
    - Safeguard
    - Encore
    - Counter
    - Mirror Coat

You can put the def evs in Hp aswell or sp.def if you wish, depending on which sort of hits you want it to take.

Next, this is your Standard set.

Wobbuffet@leftovers
    252 DEF / 252 SP.DEF / 6 HP
    Bold Nature
    - Encore
    - mirror Coat
    - Counter
    - Safeguard / Charm

And lastly, evil set

Wobbuffet@leftovers
    252 DEF / 252 SP.DEF / 6 HP
    Bold Nature
    - Tickle
    - Counter
    - mirror Coat
    - Encore

Best way to abuse this abusive set is to use it in conjunction with a Powerful CB Pursuit user such as T-Tar or Weavile, or even Scizor. Encore something stupid and Tickle, so they get -6 att and - 6 def,switch in your CBander and Pursuit them as they switch.

Bear in mind, a -6 def Pursuit basically ohko's Skarmory =X, scary huh ?

Please dont use this blue blob against me.......EVER >=[. Seriously, dont.

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Can someone please give me a good moveset for Bidoof? (see my posts 1 page back)

Bidoof? I dont know much about that but lets have a go....I presume it has a similar moveset to bibareal? so I will recomend a moveset aimed at him

Ok here goes.....

Choice Band
    6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant/Lonely Nature
    Ability: Unaware
    -Return
    -Waterfall
    -Superpower
    -Rollout

Hate to say it but after looking at bidoof my opinion is negative, it sucks

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Can someone please give me a good moveset for Bidoof? (see my posts 1 page back)

In answer to your earlier question NFE= Not fully Evolved.

Secondly, NU isnt really a tier. A set of crap pokemon essentially tackling each other doesnt make for an exciting game. Even in NU bidoof sucks, there are plenty of evolved NUs that will kill it off.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Bidoof? I dont know much about that but lets have a go....I presume it has a similar moveset to bibareal? so I will recomend a moveset aimed at him

Ok here goes.....

Choice Band
    6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant/Lonely Nature
    Ability: Unaware
    -Return
    -Waterfall
    -Superpower
    -Rollout

Hate to say it but after looking at bidoof my opinion is negative, it sucks

You underestimate it. Not that your set is phail, it ain't, butyou left out some very good options

A few options are

Super Fang

It instantly removes HALF of the opponents HP. ER'Y TIME. If they have 400 HP, they instantly fall to 200. Use it again, back to 100. Once more, 50. And so on.

Unaware

Makes his job so much easier when your enemy, (for example, Cradily), boost their stats enough (like using Barrier), only for those charges to be IGNORED.

Simple

Sweepers would kill for this ability. Using Charge Beam, & getting the Boost, would get your Sp.Atk by TWO levels, not just one. It doubles the stat increases.

Those cannot be ignored.

EDIT:Oh, BIDOOF! I thought Bibarel. Still, mah point stands.

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I want to make a team with these pokes
    T-Tar, Garchomp, Gliscor, Empoleon, Starmie, Blissey.
    Any thoughts?

Ok how about these? :)

Tyranitar @Choice Band
    60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    ability: Sandstream
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch
    -Pursuit/Focus Punch

Garchomp @Life Orb
    EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spd