• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Deoxys-S (speed), if allowed in OU, can be pretty powerful as a late-game cleaner.

Deoxys-S@Life Orb/Expert Belt *Bye bye metagame*
    Hasty
    160atk/252sp.atk/96spd

Psychic
    Superpower
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball

This thing really owns things hard. Superpower takes down Tyranitar and Blissey (with Life Orb, the above EVs 2HKO Blissey I believe and OHKO Tyranitar.), Psychic for general STAB, and Ice Beam for Dragons. The last option is personal preference. If Gyarados gives you trouble, then let it eat Thunderbolt, as well as other waters. If for some reason you're so terrified of Shedinja that you must kill it, Shadow Ball is there for it, Cresselia, and Dusknoir.

If Togekiss passes this some Nasty Plot boosts, then it will devastate basically everything.

If you want to take it Ubers, inform here, then sets will come for that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2008
    I need some help forming my team right now I have a Grumpig( lvl 45, Serious Nature, Own Tempo), a Gengar( Lvl 43, Timid Nature, Levitate), a Arcanine(Lvl 61, Jolly Nature, Flash Fire), and a Rampardos( LVL 54, Sassy Nature, Mold Breaker) could you please tell me some good move sets.

ABYAY

Years
    One question: Is this for an in-game team, or is this for competitive battling on wi-fi? I just wanna get that out of the way first.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Deoxys-S (speed), if allowed in OU, can be pretty powerful as a late-game cleaner.

Deoxys-S@Life Orb/Expert Belt *Bye bye metagame*
    Hasty
    160atk/252sp.atk/96spd

Psychic
    Superpower
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball

This thing really owns things hard. Superpower takes down Tyranitar and Blissey (with Life Orb, the above EVs 2HKO Blissey I believe and OHKO Tyranitar.), Psychic for general STAB, and Ice Beam for Dragons. The last option is personal preference. If Gyarados gives you trouble, then let it eat Thunderbolt, as well as other waters. If for some reason you're so terrified of Shedinja that you must kill it, Shadow Ball is there for it, Cresselia, and Dusknoir.

If Togekiss passes this some Nasty Plot boosts, then it will devastate basically everything.

If you want to take it Ubers, inform here, then sets will come for that.

Also note that this destroys Sweeper teams that cannot outspeed it with Choice Scarf, and using Expert Belt I was able to OHKO Blissey using Superpower, running that same spread.

EDIT: Deoxys-E should never be taking on Dusknoir, as almost all run Shadow Sneak.

~T_S

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    For Salamence, a lack of CBMence is a major surprise for everything, so I actually suggest that since they think "LOLSPECSMENCE GO BLISSEY!". It cries as about 2/3rd of its health is shaved away if you picked Dragon Claw. Then, they gotta send in their physical wall to take a hit as well (or a Steel type if you picked Dragon Claw). Therefore, my answer is Choice Band Salamence. Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Flamethrower (for downing Skarm/Forretress) Wouldn't you think mixmence is harder to counter because it's not locked onto 1 attack?

For Gyarados, there are mixed feelings. Bulky Gyarados is easier to counter due to lower speed, but it can switch in and even counter things itself. The DD Sweeper is harder to counter, but you can't get it in very well due to less bulk. Hmmm....if I sent out gyarados after a team mate faints, it'd work very well...or I can swicth it into a earthquake...But still....would gyarados be better off as a bulky pokemon?[/quote] Comments in bold. Gah...I'm confused about Gyara....i need a voice of experience..

Ársa

k.
    Years
    For Salamence, a lack of CBMence is a major surprise for everything, so I actually suggest that since they think "LOLSPECSMENCE GO BLISSEY!". It cries as about 2/3rd of its health is shaved away if you picked Dragon Claw. Then, they gotta send in their physical wall to take a hit as well (or a Steel type if you picked Dragon Claw). Therefore, my answer is Choice Band Salamence. Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Flamethrower (for downing Skarm/Forretress) Wouldn't you think mixmence is harder to counter because it's not locked onto 1 attack?

For Gyarados, there are mixed feelings. Bulky Gyarados is easier to counter due to lower speed, but it can switch in and even counter things itself. The DD Sweeper is harder to counter, but you can't get it in very well due to less bulk. Hmmm....if I sent out gyarados after a team mate faints, it'd work very well...or I can swicth it into a earthquake...But still....would gyarados be better off as a bulky pokemon?[/quote] Comments in bold. Gah...I'm confused about Gyara....i need a voice of experience..

He means that with some EV investment, Gyarados is able to come in and Intimidate physical threats, while being able to take damage without be KO'd, the DD up on the possible switch and proceed to sweep. In regards to CB Mence, Mixmence is weaker purely because it doesn't have Choice Band, but it does obviously counter both better, hence it is Mixmence, but ABY was simply giving you an option. CB Mence I prefer as leads over Mixmence. BulkyMence is another option people have been playing with, and I must say I love it.

Salamence@Leftovers
    Jolly
    220 HP, 18 Atk, 196 Def, 76 Spd

Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Roost
    Earthquake

This can absorb Ice Fangs from the likes of Hippowdon and Roost off damage while DD'ing up, allowing you to sweep. A personal favourite of many of the S&M raters currently.

~T_S

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    BulkyMence can't wall without a spinner either way, and it NEEDS to attack to guarantee a KO on Luke, which means no recovery either way and LO recoil. Personally I've stopped using it considering that it is inferior to the sweeper sets in my opinion.

I never seen a Blissey switch straight into a Salamence on Shoddy before, most likely they would just switch to a Steel-type first time or they would leave the current pokemon in to scout its moveset.

supersmashbro93

Game Lover
    Years
    i need a wall strategy any pokemon will do i not much of a wall person but i guess i need one

how do i get super power on deoxys

Last edited:

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years
    I have been trying for ages, to make a well balanced team with Tyranitar, Gyarados and Garchomp. I haven't been able to figure the 3 remaining pokemon.
    CB Tar, Bulky Dos, and a Scarfchomp. I need the 3 extra ones figured. thanks.

ABYAY

Years
    Alright; first and foremost, some natures need tweaking. Grumpig should be Calm nature since it's most likely your special wall, but you can check here.

https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/grumpig There's info on Grumpig.

Luckily, Gengar and Arcanine have good natures for their stats. Give Arcanine some physical attacks like Extremespeed, Flare Blitz, Thunder Fang, and a very powerful fire move like Fire Blast or Overheat. Intimidate is generally a better option on Arcanine, but Flash Fire is decent enough if you switch in on a fire attack. Gengar can use something like Hypnosis/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/Thunderbolt, something along those lines.

Rampardos should be scrapped as well. Sassy is one of the worst natures for it. Jolly/Adamant are the only natures you can really use for it.

Give us their movesets, and we'll give criticism/fixing of them.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    He means that with some EV investment, Gyarados is able to come in and Intimidate physical threats, while being able to take damage without be KO'd, the DD up on the possible switch and proceed to sweep. In regards to CB Mence, Mixmence is weaker purely because it doesn't have Choice Band, but it does obviously counter both better, hence it is Mixmence, but ABY was simply giving you an option. CB Mence I prefer as leads over Mixmence. BulkyMence is another option people have been playing with, and I must say I love it.

Salamence@Leftovers
    Jolly
    220 HP, 18 Atk, 196 Def, 76 Spd

Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Roost
    Earthquake

This can absorb Ice Fangs from the likes of Hippowdon and Roost off damage while DD'ing up, allowing you to sweep. A personal favourite of many of the S&M raters currently.

~T_S
    So....gyarados is better off as a bulky pokemon?
    I've decided to use mixmence....it'll work well, since my plan is to weaken my foes with defensive pokemon, then mop the floor with them with my sweepers when my defensive pokemon done their job, or have fainted.

ABYAY

Years
    Well, you're using a stall team to weaken them slowly with defensive Pokemon, so yes, Bulky Gyarados is the way to go. Make sure you get other Pokemon with Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock in play as well, and a Rapid Spinner to keep the field cleared of such hazards from your side.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    It's not. NFE Pokemon are placed in the same tier as their fully evolved counterparts if they are no different than said counterparts. This is to prevent UU from turning into OU lite (o hai, Sneasel and Chansey!)

Prevos that are different from their evos (Scyther, Dragonair, possibly Clamperl) are placed in their own tier.

Years
    I would like to know which set is better for Dusknoir? CM set is out of the question due to low base SpAtk. RestTalk isn't as good as somneone like Snorlax. So should I use CBnoir or Anti-Spinoir? The sets for them are as follows:
    Dusknoir @ Choice Band
    Adamant 252HP/252Attack/6Speed
    Shadow Sneak/Shadow Punch
    Thunderpunch
    Icepunch/Thunderpunch/Pursuit
    Earthquake

My only question is, if I can teach Dusclops the elemental punches on Emerald, migrate it over and breed with my adamant Ditto, if Duskull will learn it? I'm not really sure how else to teach it as breeding on Emerald may take a while.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Thunderpunch
    Shadow Sneak
    W-o-W
    Pain Split
    No questions here. Once again, the elemental punches are the only true problem. Everything else is learnt through level up so this would be my preferred set. Plus, no choice items here.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I would like to know which set is better for Dusknoir? CM set is out of the question due to low base SpAtk. RestTalk isn't as good as somneone like Snorlax. So should I use CBnoir or Anti-Spinoir? The sets for them are as follows:
    Dusknoir @ Choice Band
    Adamant 252HP/252Attack/6Speed
    Shadow Sneak/Shadow Punch
    Thunderpunch
    Icepunch/Thunderpunch/Pursuit
    Earthquake

My only question is, if I can teach Dusclops the elemental punches on Emerald, migrate it over and breed with my adamant Ditto, if Duskull will learn it? I'm not really sure how else to teach it as breeding on Emerald may take a while.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Thunderpunch
    Shadow Sneak
    W-o-W
    Pain Split
    No questions here. Once again, the elemental punches are the only true problem. Everything else is learnt through level up so this would be my preferred set. Plus, no choice items here.
    You can get the elemental punches on Dusknoir by giving a heartscale to the move tutor in Diamond and Pearl as well.

Years
    You can? Awesome! I didn't know that so I was just trying to check up on that. Now, is there a way of getting more than 1 reaper cloth in-game? My friend was training some of my pokemon and I told him to toss away some items but I think he tossed away the Reaper Cloth as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back