• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Hm, Fiery`Arcanine, any kind of moveset will work ingame.

Give it something like Thunderbolt / Thunderwave / Signal Beam / Power Gem and there you have it. There's no point in giving it a competitive moveset.

Beginnings

thx tom-san for banner/avvy
    Years
    I have an idea of a team but I'm not sure about move sets/ev's I know what pokemon I want though.

Gallade - Lead
    Snorlax - Special Wall
    Mismagius - Special Sweeper
    Umbreon - WishPasser
    Steelix - Physical Wall
    Porygon-Z/Starmie - Special Sweeper

Can someone help me?
    Thanks!

supersmashbro93

Game Lover
    Years
    rhyperior is really slow whats the best agility baton passing pokemon to support him could i get a couple different movesets for different pokemon

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Rhyperior learns Rock Polish. It's not like you need to BP him Agility or anything.

If you do, however, I recommend using Masquerain. People usually try to take Masquerain down with Electric, Fire and Rock moves, all of which Rhyperior resists.

Masquerain @ any pinch berry. In Rhyperior's case, I'd go with Liechi Berry
    40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Agility
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Bug Buzz

One of my favourite sets ever. ♥

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Currently working on a Glaceon

Glaceon with Leftovers
    Modest Nature

IVs
    HP/8
    Attack/29
    Defense/29
    Special Attack/28
    Special Defense/25
    Speed/13

EV's: 126 HP (to help build it up); 126 Special Attack; 252 Speed

-Ice Beam/ Blizzard (Not sure which is more preferred.)
    -Wish
    -Yawn
    -Substitute
    I was thinking about putting Water Pulse to fight off weaknesses instead of Substitute.

Any opinions?

Last edited:

pokeman008

I'm the Pokeman
    Years
    I know what 6 pokemon I wanna use but I'm not sure what to do with them.

I wanna use

Lugia
    Sceptile
    Charizard
    Espeon
    Garchomp
    Lucario

Idk what there natures. movesets, or Held items should be...any help.

Also If you think I should take someone out and replace it with someone better please tell me I'll do it.

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    If this is a serious battling team, take off Lugia. He's an Uber, and banned from standard battles.

Second, that team is horribly unbalanced. Get some walls.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I was thinking about making a mono-poison team just for fun, and I was wondering who I should use. As of now I have:

Gengar: Special Sweeper

Drapion: Physical Wall

Toxicroak: Physical Sweeper (don't know if I should have rain dance support for him or not)

Tentacruel: Spinner/Toxic Spikes/ Help against ground types/ Rain dance?

Weezing: Another Physical Wall/ Absorbs Earthquakes

Qwilfish: Moar Raindance?/ Muk: Special Wall of sorts?/ Vileplume: Status, anyone?/ Crobat: Leadz?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    How effective is a team that comprises of half UU and half OU pokemon, I ask because many of my favourites are in the UU but I can't really get much help on the UU or even that many battles

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    How effective is a team that comprises of half UU and half OU pokemon, I ask because many of my favourites are in the UU but I can't really get much help on the UU or even that many battles

UU can fare nicely in OU. Some of the most effective OU Pokemon can be UU as well (Relicanth is an unexpected monster) as well as some prior evolutions can actually become a little more useful than their evo (Scyther being able to kill Hera and such)

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    But ya gotta know what your doing, of course. Vileplume is just great on my team, despite being uber. But I wouldn't suggest everyone to use it.

Vileplume OHKO's SpecsMence with a crit Hidden Power Ice. Embarassing.

Yeah, as Ttar said, many UU can go fine in OU.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    And some OU cannot even land a hit on things in UU *coughElectivirecough* Really, the tiers make little difference; some Pokemon are just naturally goo at countering other Pokemon that are used more and are more than a threat.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Kabutops is a great example of this. So is Hitmontop.

And Vileplume, who is immune to everything. Sans Tickle.

Kabutops is an absolute monster in the rain. Hitmontop just laughs at Tar altogether sadly.

And Scarftar's Fire Blast/Ice Beam
    Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    But ya gotta know what your doing, of course. Vileplume is just great on my team, despite being uber. But I wouldn't suggest everyone to use it.

Vileplume OHKO's SpecsMence with a crit Hidden Power Ice. Embarassing.

Yeah, as Ttar said, many UU can go fine in OU.

Agree ^.

Ive used Hypno, Cloyster, Hitmontop, Rotom and indeed Relicanth who is a monster, amongst other to great success in ou.

Yes, i like Cloyster because i still think its G/S/C when it was THE best spiker/Rapid Spinner in the game, what of it ? =p

And King Tar lol, E-vire is kinda bad what ever tier its in. XD

OH HAI, my name is Sandslash, Steelix, Quagsire etc we wall you.

Tbh if it got moved down i dont think it would even make much of an impact on UU metagame =o.

Anyways, enough E-Vire hate ...for now..lol

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Agree ^.

Ive used Hypno, Cloyster, Hitmontop, Rotom And indeed Relicanth amongst other to great success in ou.

Yes, i like Cloyster becasue i still think its G/S/C, what of it ? =p

And King Tar lol, E-vire is kinda bad what ever tier its in. XD

OH HAI, my name is Sandslash, Steelix, Quagsire etc we wall you.

Tbh if it got moved down i dont think it would even make much of an impact on UU metagame =o.

Anyways, enough E-Vire hate ...for now..

Quagsire is an wannabe Swampert for me. And Steelix is just unable to wall since it has a water weakness. Cloyster and Qwuilfish are awesome, especially since the latter can wall Hera.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Quagsire is an wannabe Swampert for me. And Steelix is just unable to wall since it has a water weakness.

I was talking about UU stuff that walls it =p.

Umm so what about Steelix water weakness, you have six other pokes on your team for that. Doesnt make people shy away from cress and its pursuit weakness now does it. Steelix is very solid in uu.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I was talking about UU stuff that walls it =p.

Umm so what about Steelix water weakness, you have six other pokes on your team for that. Doesnt make people shy away from cress and its pursuit weakness now does it. Steelix is very solid in uu.

And I'm talking about UU in OU >.> And Cress doesn't get destroyed by Pursuit like a lot of people think. They stay in, take it, Reflect, and heal up. Steelix can only rest, thus making him subjectable to repeated Surfs.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Still pretty beefy in OU, with support. Garchomp with a Swords Dance boost & Life Orb using Outrage does about

Move Damage: 139 - 164
    Damage: 39.27% - 46.33%

On a Max HP/0 Def Steelix. And he can counter with Ice Fang, or Big Bang. Or just Gyro Ball. Just something to throw out there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back