• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    EV Training Heracross...help!!!

Okay. I have now officially started EV training again and I decided to EV train my (coincidentally) Adamant Heracross that I had lying around in my Pearl PC. Now, I have a few questions regarding this Heracross. Here they are:

1. My Heracross is Adamant, which means it gains an increase in Attack and a decrease in Special Attack. My Heracross' Attack is currently 105 at Lv.27. However, after a while of searching, I kept coming across the conclusion that at Lv.27, a fully EV'd Attack Stat Heracross should have an Attack Stat of 106. I want to make sure that I am not missing 4 EVs because I need to start EVing other stats. Is that Attack stat wrong or right?

2. Heracross is a physical Pokemon, no doubt. However, I am currently lost as to what stat I should EV. Should I EV HP in order to withstand attacks or EV Speed in order to strike quickly and inflict as much damage as possible?

3. The last question. Since Heracross is a physical Pokemon, what attacks should I put on it? I plan to start WiFi battling now and I need a good moveset. I already know that I should put Stone Edge on there, but what other four attacks should I put?

Thank you for your time in helping me fix my Heracross.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I have a standard Mixpert that I want to make lead so I'm going to give him Stealth Rock. Right now he knows Surf, Ice Beam, EQ, and Roar. Which one should I get rid of? I'm leaning toward Roar but then I loose my Phazer.

Get rid of Surf.

Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Roar
    Stealth Rock

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Okay...I'd like a team with a Snorlax(maybe Curselax?) and at least one Eeveelotion(Espeon sp sweeper?) Everything else is left up to you...oh yeah maybe a physical sweeper Salamence in there too.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Espeon's movepool is really too narrow to be an effective special sweeper; Alakazam and Azelf do it much better than her. Curselax is just outdated; too much can switch in and set up on it, especially while it's asleep. And Hera and Gallade can OHKO pas a Curse.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Well I was thinking that with the new installment of the Move Tutor in Platinum, that it is now possible to make a great mixed sweeper out of Azelf. Any ideas?

Years
    Well I was thinking that with the new installment of the Move Tutor in Platinum, that it is now possible to make a great mixed sweeper out of Azelf. Any ideas?
    T_S had a CB set, you should ask him.

@King Lucario - You may have less than 31 IVs. That would be the problem.
    It depends on the set you run. All of the standards run 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd aside from CBCross, which runs 104 HP/252 Atk/152 Spd. What do you want to run?
    As for attacks, most sets run Megahorn, Close Combat and Stone Edge.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Okay. I have now officially started EV training again and I decided to EV train my (coincidentally) Adamant Heracross that I had lying around in my Pearl PC. Now, I have a few questions regarding this Heracross. Here they are:

1. My Heracross is Adamant, which means it gains an increase in Attack and a decrease in Special Attack. My Heracross' Attack is currently 105 at Lv.27. However, after a while of searching, I kept coming across the conclusion that at Lv.27, a fully EV'd Attack Stat Heracross should have an Attack Stat of 106. I want to make sure that I am not missing 4 EVs because I need to start EVing other stats. Is that Attack stat wrong or right?

2. Heracross is a physical Pokemon, no doubt. However, I am currently lost as to what stat I should EV. Should I EV HP in order to withstand attacks or EV Speed in order to strike quickly and inflict as much damage as possible?

3. The last question. Since Heracross is a physical Pokemon, what attacks should I put on it? I plan to start WiFi battling now and I need a good moveset. I already know that I should put Stone Edge on there, but what other four attacks should I put?

Thank you for your time in helping me fix my Heracross.
    This is sort of a post just to bump you on the next page.

>>

Anyhow, I merged your thread into this. Generally the main forum area is for (I suppose I could say "major") discussion and full team threads. And since you're asking about the set and all that jazz, it belongs in this sticky instead. :D So yeah.

I've become merge happy > delete happy lately. :> Huzzah

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Im back!
    Does anyone have any good ideas for a executor? Im kinda stuck, should I abuse sunny day or trick room? Thanks

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Im back!
    Does anyone have any good ideas for a executor? Im kinda stuck, should I abuse sunny day or trick room? Thanks
    Sunny day is sort of a dinner-bell for anything with a powerul Fire attack, but it does assist Exeggutor use HP Fire, as well as Synthesis/Moonlight. You can also try Sludge Bomb for other Grass-types.

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Sunny day is sort of a dinner-bell for anything with a powerul Fire attack, but it does assist Exeggutor use HP Fire, as well as Synthesis/Moonlight. You can also try Sludge Bomb for other Grass-types.

Thanks :) could I use sunny day and then switch to a water type? Use an executor as bait? do you think that should work or should I just try and smack it with the best attack vicable?

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Thanks :) could I use sunny day and then switch to a water type? Use an executor as bait? do you think that should work or should I just try and smack it with the best attack vicable?
    No, because that will weaken Water-type moves. I would go with a Rain-team insted.

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    No, because that will weaken Water-type moves. I would go with a Rain-team insted.

True, That would be sensible, Im just trying to find a really wacky stratagy thats rarely seen. Using mad movesets on common pokemon and such. (Why I use Ditto lol )

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    This is probably complete fail, and I made it more as a joke than serious, but I think with a little work it might be viable. Tell me what you think:

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
    - Waterfall
    - Thunder/HP Grass
    - Ice Beam
    - Dragon Dance

Mixed Gyarados anyone? DDance is there obviously to boost speed and power up those Waterfalls, and from the off it looks like your bread and butter DDLO set. Granted the element of suprise could be ruined once you fire off a special. With Thunder, it could be useful on a Rain Dance team, plus countering the standard DDLO Gyara set. Ice Beam laughs at other intimidators, namely Mence. Flamethrower/Fire Blast is also worth a mention over the electric attacks to ruin Forry's day, but don't use them on a Rain Dance team for obvious reasons. HP Grass helps with Swampert.

CALCS:

Waterfall vs. [20 HP] Scarf Heatran after 1 DD
    Defender HP: 328
    Damage: 393 - 463
    Damage: 119.82% - 141.16%

Thunder vs [252 HP] Skarmory
    Defender HP: 334
    Damage: 308 - 363
    Damage: 92.22% - 108.68%

Thunder vs [160 HP] Starmie
    Defender HP: 301
    Damage: 264 - 311
    Damage: 87.71% - 103.32%

Ice Beam vs. [120 HP] Salamence
    Defender HP: 361
    Damage: 441 - 519
    Damage: 122.16% - 143.77%
    ---

Last edited:

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    hi again.are these good sets for roserade

special1...........................Special2........................physical
    sludge bomb...................sludebomb....................poisonjab
    energyball/gigadrain.......leech seed...................petaldance/razorleaf
    sunnyday/raindance..........shadowball..................swordsdance
    weatherball......................extrasensory...............return/toxic/attract/grasswhisle

healer
    synthesis/ingrain
    grasswhistel
    gigadrain
    leechseed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back