• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch_2008

Hinga Dinger Durgen
    Years
    Battle Frontier RMT

Well, I couldn't see anywhere else to put this, so I thought that this was the correct area.

So, after getting so hyped up over Platinum, I thought that I might as well try to get a battle frontier team constructed, then transfer it over to platinum.
    So I'm going to have an RMT for each of the battle frontier's, (so that I have a good chance of getting those gold badges) so here they are:

(Unfortunately I couldn't find any Platinum sprites, so the D/P ones will have to do)

Battle Tower

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Flash Fire
    Timid Nature
    252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    - Lava Plume
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Earth Power
    - ???????

Standard Scarftran, timid for some extra speed (plus I was to lazy to search for a modest ditto to breed for a modest synchronizer)
    I'm having some trouple with the last move, HP [ice] would be nice, but this isn't shoddy, so I don't know what to put in there.

Salamence @ Choice Specs
    Intimidate
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Hydro Pump

Specmence, a real destructive force in the battle tower, Dragon has only 1 resist; Steel. And most steels are OHKO'd by Flamethrower/Hydro Pump.
    Timid so I can have some extra speed.
    Heatran and Mence work hand-in-hand, each one covers each other's weaknesses, so I can get a free switch in if I risk losing one of them.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Sand Veil
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Crunch

Well, he might be Uber on wi-fi, but he's not in-game. Garchomp is a force, after one SD he can take down most battle tower teams, D-Claw and EQ for STAB, and Crunch for any annoying psychics (considering Fire Fang for steel types, but Mence takes care of them anyway)
    Garchomp basically cleans up what Mence or Heatran failed to do, with Yache Berry he can take an Ice Beam and SD, then own.

Team Strategy:

Turn 1: Check what pokemon it is, if I can OHKO it with Heatran, then do so. If i can't and know that it would OHKO me back, then I switch to mence.

Turn 2: If I switched to Mence, check what pokemon it is, then use the most suitible attack. If I stayed in, check what pokemon it is, if the attack doesn't affect the opponents pokemon, switch out. If i can OHKO the pokemon with heatran, then do so.

Turn 3: Should have at least 1-2 pokemon KO'd, re-peat steps 1 and 2. If one of them has fainted, switch to Garchomp and either SD or attack

Turn 4: 2 Pokemon should be KO'd by now, re-peat steps 1-3

Battle Stage

Salamence @ Choice Specs
    Intimidate
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Hydro Pump

So I'm basically just using my spesmence for this, since it's one-on-one, I don't have to worry about what he's sending out next. I might have some problems with Blissey, but she won't like a specs boosted Draco Meteor.

Strategy:

Turn 1: Use the most appropriate move, should have KO'd the opponent by the end of this turn.

Turn 2: Most of the time shouldn't get up to turn 2, continue using the attack that was used in Turn 1. Re-peat from here

Also considering this guy:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Levitate
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Psychic
    - Grass Knot
    - Flamethrower

Strategy:

Turn 1: Nasty Plot while he attacks. If weather is in effect, don't NP, but attack right away.

Turn 2: If Sash is broken, attack, if not continue to NP. If opponent used Double Team or any other of those moves then attack.

Turn 3: Re-peat turn 2. Should be done by the end of this turn.

Battle Roulette

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
    Guts
    Adamant Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Night Slash
    - Stone Edge

Takes advantage of being burnt or Poisoned by getting an attack boost, Night slash because the opponents won't be switching, so I won't worry about pursuit.

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
    Limber
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Blaze Kick
    - Earthquake

Can't be paralyzed, so this guy can come in handy. CC for STAB, Stone Edge to hit flying types, Blaze Kick for coverage and EQ for steels.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
    Torrent
    Bold Nature
    - Surf
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Can take whatever status the board dishes out, and benefits from Trick Room, Toxic to make sure that a win can happen for me, and Surf for STAB

Overall I only just came up with this team, trying to make the most out of status and the effects that the big board of decision can come up with.

Strategy:

Turn 1: If burnt, poisoned or no effect for, then attack with the most suitible move. If paralyzed switch to Hitmonlee or Blastoise. If asleep switch to Blastoise.

Turn 2: If Heracross has attacked, then continue with the move, if the move doesn't affect the opponent, switch to Blastoise. If switched to Hitmonlee, attack with most suitible move. If switched to Blastoise, use Rest or Sleep Talk.

Turn 3: Re-peat turn 2

Turn 4: If Blastoise is awake, use Toxic or Surf. otherwise re-peat turn 2. Keep re-peating until victorious or defeated.

So that's my Battle Frontier RMT, I might make a Battle Castle Section, but the Battle Factory doesn't need its' own section.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    To restore any confusion, Fabian's comment was directed at ChamsRock.

Anywho, as you know now, Arch_2008, and in case someone else doesn't know already, we keep Battle Frontier and any teams less than six members to this sticky, so merging your thread in here. D_A and I have been drafting some thoughts for a new sticky simply for Battle Frontier and the like, but we'll see.

Merged.

Years
    Ok...I recently learned that my 30+ IVs Espeon in all stats is fail as a special sweeper. :( So what good pokemon could I get from breeding Espeon with a different pokemon?

In other words, I'd like to transfer my almost all 31 Ivs from Espeon to a different pokemon. Are there any good pokemon in Espeon's breeding group?

BTW speed is 30 on Espeon and everthing else is 31 :D

Max Speed is important for sweepers, so you may want to pass those on to a wall.
    You need to mention if it is male or female, as egg moves can limit the options.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Well, I couldn't see anywhere else to put this, so I thought that this was the correct area.

So, after getting so hyped up over Platinum, I thought that I might as well try to get a battle frontier team constructed, then transfer it over to platinum.
    So I'm going to have an RMT for each of the battle frontier's, (so that I have a good chance of getting those gold badges) so here they are:

(Unfortunately I couldn't find any Platinum sprites, so the D/P ones will have to do)

Battle Tower

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Flash Fire
    Timid Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Earth Power
    - ???????

Standard Scarftran, timid for some extra speed (plus I was to lazy to search for a modest ditto to breed for a modest synchronizer)
    I'm having some trouple with the last move, HP [ice] would be nice, but this isn't shoddy, so I don't know what to put in there.

Salamence @ Choice Specs
    Intimidate
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Hydro Pump

Specmence, a real destructive force in the battle tower, Dragon has only 1 resist; Steel. And most steels are OHKO'd by Flamethrower/Hydro Pump.
    Timid so I can have some extra speed.
    Heatran and Mence work hand-in-hand, each one covers each other's weaknesses, so I can get a free switch in if I risk losing one of them.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Sand Veil
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Crunch

Well, he might be Uber on wi-fi, but he's not in-game. Garchomp is a force, after one SD he can take down most battle tower teams, D-Claw and EQ for STAB, and Crunch for any annoying psychics (considering Fire Fang for steel types, but Mence takes care of them anyway)
    Garchomp basically cleans up what Mence or Heatran failed to do, with Yache Berry he can take an Ice Beam and SD, then own.

Team Strategy:

Turn 1: Check what pokemon it is, if I can OHKO it with Heatran, then do so. If i can't and know that it would OHKO me back, then I switch to mence.

Turn 2: If I switched to Mence, check what pokemon it is, then use the most suitible attack. If I stayed in, check what pokemon it is, if the attack doesn't affect the opponents pokemon, switch out. If i can OHKO the pokemon with heatran, then do so.

Turn 3: Should have at least 1-2 pokemon KO'd, re-peat steps 1 and 2. If one of them has fainted, switch to Garchomp and either SD or attack

Turn 4: 2 Pokemon should be KO'd by now, re-peat steps 1-3

Battle Stage

Salamence @ Choice Specs
    Intimidate
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Hydro Pump

So I'm basically just using my spesmence for this, since it's one-on-one, I don't have to worry about what he's sending out next. I might have some problems with Blissey, but she won't like a specs boosted Draco Meteor.

Strategy:

Turn 1: Use the most appropriate move, should have KO'd the opponent by the end of this turn.

Turn 2: Most of the time shouldn't get up to turn 2, continue using the attack that was used in Turn 1. Re-peat from here

Also considering this guy:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    Levitate
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Psychic
    - Grass Knot
    - Flamethrower

Strategy:

Turn 1: Nasty Plot while he attacks. If weather is in effect, don't NP, but attack right away.

Turn 2: If Sash is broken, attack, if not continue to NP. If opponent used Double Team or any other of those moves then attack.

Turn 3: Re-peat turn 2. Should be done by the end of this turn.

Battle Roulette

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
    Guts
    Adamant Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Night Slash
    - Stone Edge

Takes advantage of being burnt or Poisoned by getting an attack boost, Night slash because the opponents won't be switching, so I won't worry about pursuit.

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
    Limber
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Blaze Kick
    - Earthquake

Can't be paralyzed, so this guy can come in handy. CC for STAB, Stone Edge to hit flying types, Blaze Kick for coverage and EQ for steels.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
    Torrent
    Bold Nature
    - Surf
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Can take whatever status the board dishes out, and benefits from Trick Room, Toxic to make sure that a win can happen for me, and Surf for STAB

Overall I only just came up with this team, trying to make the most out of status and the effects that the big board of decision can come up with.

Strategy:

Turn 1: If burnt, poisoned or no effect for, then attack with the most suitible move. If paralyzed switch to Hitmonlee or Blastoise. If asleep switch to Blastoise.

Turn 2: If Heracross has attacked, then continue with the move, if the move doesn't affect the opponent, switch to Blastoise. If switched to Hitmonlee, attack with most suitible move. If switched to Blastoise, use Rest or Sleep Talk.

Turn 3: Re-peat turn 2

Turn 4: If Blastoise is awake, use Toxic or Surf. otherwise re-peat turn 2. Keep re-peating until victorious or defeated.

So that's my Battle Frontier RMT, I might make a Battle Castle Section, but the Battle Factory doesn't need its' own section.

all your team and others are looking good.give heatran hiddenpower ice.if you cant,HP water or grass should do

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    My espeon is male
    Gender has no bearing on competetive ability
    and 30 iv speed is fine for sweepers right?
    As long as it's coupled with a good SpAtt stat, that's fine.

Speed alone is not enough, and espeon's a pretty average sweeper anyway. As with most eeveelutions, he makes a better passer.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    To you, I quote unto the rules:

HP Ice is there for dragon types, what on earth will HP Water/Grass do?

ummm hhhhhheeeeeeeelllllllllllloooooo :tired: heatrans main weakness you know ground.
    think about things.

oh and just for garchomp
    garchomp @ lifeorb
    adament nature
    sandveil
    outrage
    brickbreak/firefang/stoneedge
    earthquake
    brickbreak/firefang/stone edge

other options
    fireblast/flamethrower
    doubleedge
    rockslide
    ironhead
    dragonpulse
    crunch
    dracometeor
    dragonrush/dragonclaw(if you dont wanna breed)
    shadowclaw
    sandstorm

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Most of those moves are terrible for Chomp. Iron Head? Shadow Claw? SANDSTORM? Stop giving out so much freaking crappy advice. HP Ice/Grass is the only one that gets a mention. Water is a waste of time for everyone.

Aw, it's weak to ground? Well, what about pokemon that can use Earthquake WITHOUT BEING A GROUND TYPE?

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    so who freakin cares about them heatran can trash them any way
    and hav you heard of the word STAB when a moves power is increased by 1.5 well ground types are more likly to use earthquake and kill heatran than a poke that does not get stab
    flippin heck

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ummm hhhhhheeeeeeeelllllllllllloooooo :tired: heatrans main weakness you know ground.
    think about things.

oh and just for garchomp
    garchomp @ lifeorb
    adament nature
    sandveil
    outrage
    brickbreak/firefang/stoneedge
    earthquake
    brickbreak/firefang/stone edge

other options
    fireblast/flamethrower
    doubleedge
    rockslide
    ironhead
    dragonpulse
    crunch
    dracometeor
    dragonrush/dragonclaw(if you dont wanna breed)
    shadowclaw
    sandstorm

First off dont be rude.

Second, please dont give out advice, do some research, that is an horrific set >_<. Ive told you time and time again, im a very forgiving person but something tells me you havent done ANY research and its wearing thin on my patience.

3rd, whilst listing all of its movepool know to man, i love how you disregarded the move that makes chomp scary, Swords Dance totally and made sandstorm and Shadow Claw an option =/.

sims796

Years
    so who freakin cares about them heatran can trash them any way
    and hav you heard of the word STAB when a moves power is increased by 1.5 well ground types are more likly to use earthquake and kill heatran than a poke that does not get stab
    flippin heck

This is what I mean by rating eithout any sort of knowledge. People are constantly showing off their basic understanding as if it has all merit.

Regardless of STAB, Heatran falls to Earthquake. No matter what. STAB or not. Anything that can use Earthquake, will use Earthquake. WATER has no sort of coverage. Heatran cannot "beat them anyway". Before you show off what little you know, at least play the game more. That way, you can have more of an understanding, instead of constantly having mods yell.

EDIT:AHA, DA BEAT MEH

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    The amount of hours you've been playing doesn't affect how good you are at competitive battling. I have 600 hours plus but I'm alot worse that sims and D_A.

I think you've disrespected people enough, and continue to do so in your signature.

sims796

Years
    Exactly.You think playing ingame has any real merit here? We are talking about compettitive, not ingame. Who gives a crap how many hours you've played. Only noobs bring up how many ingame hours they've played as if that proves anything.

BTW, Ihave 999.59 hours on my file. But don't be impressed, most of that was just breeding, and me leaving the game on overnight. I gotta stop leaving the game on overnight.

EDIT:AHA DEANODANCE BEAT MEH

BTW, take your own advice, Palidin, and look in teh mirror.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    okay....off of that subject

What are the standard Mixape, SS Infernape and PS Infernape sets?

Infernape@Life Orb
    24 ATT / 252 SP.ATT / 232 SPEED
    Naive Nature
    - Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    - Grass Knot
    - Close Combat
    - Nasty Plot / Hidden power Ice

Is mixape.

SS Infernape and PS Infernape

I have no idea on what they are XD.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    sorry those were my sad attempts at abbreviating Physical Sweeper Infernape and Special Sweeper infernape

Oh right lol

Infernape@Choice Band
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - U-Turn / Thunderpunch

CB Ape.

Infernape@Expert Belt
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance

Dont use Life Orb on this set, Flare Blitz + LO = Suicide >_<.

AND

Infernape@Life Orb
    252 Sp.ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Grass Knot
    - Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    - Hidden power Ice.

You can use Focus Blast too, however you loose coverage then so meh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back