• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Not trying to start a war,and i dont want an infraction,but chomp isnt so hard to kill....

btw,i need a set for a shaymin. it has to have earth power.

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
    Not trying to start a war,and i dont want an infraction,but chomp isnt so hard to kill....

btw,i need a set for a shaymin. it has to have earth power.

Chomp will usually cost you a poke or two before taking it down, but yeah it's easy to kill with with 1 ice beams, then a revenge kill.

I'll assume you mean skymin since that's the only way it'll ever use earth power.

Skymin@Leftovers/LO
    Timid ll Serene Grace
    252 Speed/252 Sp. Atk
    -Air Slash
    -Seed Flare
    -Earth Power
    -Substitute/ Hp [Ice]

I hope that helps.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    Chomp will usually cost you a poke or two before taking it down, but yeah it's easy to kill with with 1 ice beams, then a revenge kill.

I'll assume you mean skymin since that's the only way it'll ever use earth power.

Skymin@Leftovers/LO
    Timid ll Serene Grace
    252 Speed/252 Sp. Atk
    -Air Slash
    -Seed Flare
    -Earth Power
    -Substitute/ Hp [Ice]

I hope that helps.

Actually shaymin land form can learn earthpower, from move tutor in platinum.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years

Skymin@Leftovers/LO
    Timid ll Serene Grace
    252 Speed/252 Sp. Atk
    -Air Slash
    -Seed Flare
    -Earth Power
    -Substitute/ Hp [Ice]

I hope that helps.
    If it takes out a poke or two, that means it ISN"T easy to beat. Especially if you need to rely on revenge killing.

If you're gonna use HP ICE, Specs becomes an option.

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
    If it takes out a poke or two, that means it ISN"T easy to beat. Especially if you need to rely on revenge killing.

If you're gonna use HP ICE, Specs becomes an option.

My bad, I guess it wasn't easy enough for you to detect my sarcasm = [. Usually I'd assume that of an open contradiction.
    Also, if you want to slap specs on it go ahead, he didn't ask for a specific set.

sims796

Years
    My bad, I guess it wasn't easy enough for you to detect my sarcasm = [. Usually I'd assume that of an open contradiction.
    Also, if you want to slap specs on it go ahead, he didn't ask for a specific set.

It would be, if that wasn't the common argument for Chomp being in OU. Only sarcasm if you make it obvious, and not what the popular believe is. That backfires.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I personally find sweeper Skymin overrated. SubSeed is easily its most terrifying set:

Skymin @ Leftovers
    252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
    Air Slash
    Earth Power/Seed Flare
    Substitute
    Leech Seed

Lunar Fang

Vicious-Valiance
    Years
    I wouldn't call that an argument, that's ignorance. Also sarcasm is an effective way to get a point across, sorry if you don't like it. I promise I'll make it more obvious for you next time. *Last off topic post* Anyway, I'm gone for the night.

sims796

Years
    I wouldn't call that an argument, that's ignorance. Also sarcasm is an effective way to get a point across, sorry if you don't like it. I promise I'll make it more obvious for you next time. *Last off topic post* Anyway, I'm gone for the night.

Call it what you want, it is the most used argument, making your sarcastic point even less clear. Second, sarcasm may be a good way to get a point across, but it's useless if you can't even show that your using sarcasm. And as they all say, sarcasm is lost on the internet. So make sure you know the most popular goings, otherwise, it'll sound like you're vouching for that "ignorant" point, which was more clear than the sarcasm. It easily seemed like you thought that revenge killing was the easiest way of beating Chomp, which was said about seven times in the debate thread, which you missed.

Now, Subseed Skymin is alright, but it doesn't pack enough damage the way Specs/LO does. I don't see it as the best.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Hi I was just wondering Just for the sake of novelty what set would be viable for a vileplume in OU battleing, Im stuck. Thanks a lot :)

Captain Nick

But why's the rum gone?
    Years
    Well, I dont have too much experience with vileplume. After a quick look i think a bulky swords dance vileplume for platinum could be feesable.

Vileplume @ Impish @ Chlorophyll @ Black Sludge

-Sleep Powder
    -Substitute/Synthesis
    -Swords Dance
    -Seed Bomb

EVs: HP-182 Def-192 SpD-136

This version is more of a physical attacker/staller. It would probably function better mid to late game. Sleep powder, then setup accordingly. It kinda gets walled by a lot of types so make sure the opposition is pretty cleared out to try and finish up with him. Good for a bulky sleeper. (Mainly for a "wtf? swords-plume" but could be useful).

Or for D/P i would probably come up with something like:

Vileplume @ Calm @ Chlorophyll @ Black Sludge

-Stun Spore
    -Energy Ball/Sludge Bomb
    -HP-Rock/Synthesis
    -Aromatherapy

EVs: HP-134 Def-188 SpD-188

This is more of a team supporter. EVs are geared for a Spec Def bias. Stun Spore helps slow down the opponent. Energy Ball or Sludge Bomb for some decent STAB damage. HP-Rock covers 3/4 of vileplumes weaknesses and is over-all decent for the pokemon he will be seeing, Synthesis keeps Vileplume in the battle to continue tanking. Aromatherapy for team support aswell as keeping Vileplume clear of status.

Hope this is somewhat helpful. I'm mainly a UU battler so I don't know the main threats in current OU but these sets seem useful to some extent imo.

Detox

Ummm...yeah,i still need a set for shaymin land forme,centered aroud earth power....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back