• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainra

just another person
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2018
    This thread is called "Request a team" so.... I've always had the trouble in my games with the fact that I hate to stop training the ones I start off with. As such, I rarely get past the Elite 4.

I got Diamond for Christmas and it looks really good and this time I'm determined to beat the E4. So does anyone have any good recommendations that would at least get me past them. Also, I have no access to a Diamond. Thanks to all those who help. I'd like moves too please. I am completely useless at team making :(.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I have a rather strange request. O_o; Does anyone have a Rain Dancing Physical Tank UU Mawile Set I could use? lulz

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    That is a strange request, im guessing its for set up purposes. Ok here goes:
    Mawile@Lefties/Damp Rock (Not sure if you'lll wanna be prolonging its effect, so otherwise lefties seem the right choice)
    252HP/100Att/156Def
    Adamant/Impish
    Rain dacne (Obligatory by this criterea)
    Thunder Fang
    Ice Fang/Swords Dance/Iron Defence
    Iron Head/Rock Slide/Brick Break

Im not familiar with UU, especially with such strange requests. I cant remember if all electric moves alays hit in the rain or if its just thunder, but t-fang offers some good coverage. Ice fang offers more coverage (A kind of physical bolt-beam), or you could increase your offensive/defensive capabilities. Last move-slot is for more coverage.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    I'm considering another possible Scarfer for my team, and here's what I came up with. This is considering if I have 31 IVs in speed.

Roserade@Choice Scarf
    Modest
    252sp.atk/216 spd/40HP

Energy Ball/Leaf Storm
    Extrasensory
    Shadow Ball
    Sludge Bomb/HP Fire

Sadly even physical sponges can come in and take blows from this, which is why I consider HP Fire over Sludge Bomb to get Skarm and Forry to back off if I anticipate them. Extrasensory and Leaf Storm come from Shiftry (level up til Extrasensory on Nuzleaf, evolve, and level til Leaf Storm, and breed). Shadow Ball damages Ghosts and bulky psychics respectively. EV spread to be quicker than Adamant max speed Scarfcross. I know some might consider me using status over pure power, but this is just an alternative to another Scarfer I use.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I personally dont like roserade, it's movepool gets completely walled by steel types (With the exception of HP fire), and like you said, even physical walls can take a beating from it. As roserade's go though, yours looks as good as i could do. Leafstorm over energy ball IMO, and HP fire please.

Can someone post the standard skarmory.

ABYAY

Years
    Here's what I consider Skarmory.

Skarmory@Shed Shell/Lefties (If you fear Magz, then Shell)
    Impish
    252HP/252Def/4atk (Some go 216 Def/40atk)

Drill Peck/Brave Bird
    Roost
    Whirlwind/Roar (It doesn't really matter because Soundproof's rare as it is.)
    Stealth Rock/Spikes

I don't consider Skarmory designed to come out and attack, but to do some damage to those who linger. If you fear Gyarados, then you'll need Brave Bird for it's your only hope vs. Gyarados.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ok thanks, is there any difference between roar/Whirl other than soundproof has roar immunity?

ABYAY

Years
    They're exactly the same aside from that. It's just that Whirlwind's more associated with birds.

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    is there a way i can get pursuit and ice punch on a weavile? (steering clear of smeargle)

Can anyone give me a moveset and ev spread for trickroom bronzong?

Bronzong@leftovers

-trick room
    -hypnosis
    -gyro ball/earthquake
    -reflect/explosion/stealth rock

216 def//252 hp/40 atk

You have a lot of options because trick room takes away a slot from the standard Bronzong. You'll probably want hypnosis, Gyro Ball and eathquake represent your attacking options, separated by power, type coverage and STAB, and then you have reflect, the support move to boost Bronzong and co's def, explosion for when the going gets tough, and Stealth rock to interupt pokemon and destroy Moltres, Charizard and Ho-Oh.

Last edited:

Goldenhammerhead

Super Smash Bros Brawl FTW!
    Years
    is there a way i can get pursuit and ice punch on a weavile? (steering clear of smeargle)

Bronzong@leftovers

-trick room
    -hypnosis
    -gyro ball/earthquake
    -reflect/explosion/stealth rock

216 def//252 hp/40 atk

You have a lot of options because trick room takes away a slot from the standard Bronzong. You'll probably want hypnosis, Gyro Ball and eathquake represent your attacking options, separated by power, type coverage and STAB, and then you have reflect, the support move to boost Bronzong and co's def, explosion for when the going gets tough, and Stealth rock to interupt pokemon and destroy Moltres, Charizard and Ho-Oh.

yeah a male sneasel with the moves...lol but other than that smeargle is the only one i think.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Castform
    Calm / Forcast(is that what goes here)

I need a move set becasue mine is really bad

sorry i'am new at this if i'am doing anything wrong

This thing is very very bad. I really wouldn't use it. But, since you requested:
    Castform@Damp Rock
    Timid
    252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
    Rain Dance
    Water Pulse
    Thunder
    Flamethrower
    Rain dance boost+STAB+Water pulse is gonna hurt, and its also got a high confuse rate. Thunder's accuracy is boosted, and it laughs at swift swimmers trying to benefit the rain. Flamethrower lols at grass types who switch in thinking they're funny.

Now, could someone provide me a set for a Non-speedy marowak? Im not planning on agili-passing and its not fast enough to function alone. However it has a beastly defence that can be exploited

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    This thing is very very bad. I really wouldn't use it. But, since you requested:
    Castform@Damp Rock
    Timid
    252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
    Rain Dance
    Water Pulse
    Thunder
    Flamethrower
    Rain dance boost+STAB+Water pulse is gonna hurt, and its also got a high confuse rate. Thunder's accuracy is boosted, and it laughs at swift swimmers trying to benefit the rain. Flamethrower lols at grass types who switch in thinking they're funny.

Now, could someone provide me a set for a Non-speedy marowak? Im not planning on agili-passing and its not fast enough to function alone. However it has a beastly defence that can be exploited

Oh my, flamethrower with Rain Dance =0

Weather Ball >> Water Pulse.

ice Beam over flamethrower.

Also marowak NEEDS speed, no matter how much speed your gonna pass to it

Marowak@Thick Club
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant / Jolly Nature
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Rock Slide / Double Edge
    ~ Fire Punch

ABYAY

Years
    I know this is a very strange request, but a friend of mine needs it. He wants to run a Xatu, supposedly on a UU team. Does anyone have one?

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
    Can anyone tell me what is a good move set for a Staryu/Starmie? I need a Rapid Spinner =P Also, what should I EV train it in? And, what should I EV train a Larvitar --> Tyrannitar on?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Can anyone tell me what is a good move set for a Staryu/Starmie? I need a Rapid Spinner =P Also, what should I EV train it in? And, what should I EV train a Larvitar --> Tyrannitar on?

Starmie@Leftovers
    172 HP / 120 SP.ATT / 216 SPEED
    Timid Nature
    Trait : natural Cure
    - Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
    - Surf / Hydro pump
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover

Rapid Spin Bulky star.

Ice Beam for dragons etc and T-bolt for Gyarados and other waters etc.

Evs are to outrun max speed Timid Gengar.

Tyranitar@Leftovers / Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    252 SPEED / 252 ATT / 6 HP
    - Taunt / Stone Edge / ice Beam
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance

Crunch and EQ have optimum coverage.

Taunt stops Skarmory and other stuff cold when they want to whirlwind you away and status you and trying to set up on you etc and makes them mere set up fodder. Stone Edge is there for STAB and better coverage , although it opens you up to PHazing, status etc. Also Ice Beam can go on this set to counter its most common switch ins, bulky ground types, such as Hippowdon, Donphan, Gliscor, Garchomp etc. It OHKOs Gliscor, Garchomp and 2hkos Hippodon, Donphan, only if you run life orb that is, even with a Jolly Nature.

Evs and nature allow it to outrun max speed + speed nature Gengar, Starmie, Azelf, Raikou etc after a single dragon dance.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Honchkrow @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Ability: Insomnia
    EVs: No Idea =[
    Rash, Naughty, or Naive Nature

Sucker Punch
    Icy Wind / Drill Peck
    Hidden Power [Electric] / Hidden Power [Ice]
    Substitute / Thunder Wave

Anti-Starter Honchkrow. Hits Gengar, Salamence, Crobat, Hippowdon. Struggles against Tyranitar and Weavile. Just novelty thing I threw together. How does it look?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back