• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can anyone suggest a tanking Mesprit set?

Mesprit @Leftovers
    252 HP / 164 Def / 94 sp.Def
    Bold Nature
    - Stealth Rock / Thunderwave
    - Reflect
    - Thunderbolt / Psychic
    - Ice Beam / Psychic

Last 2 slots depend on what you want to counter, T-Bolt hits Gyarados, Ice Beam hits dragons and Psychic hits Infernape and other fighters.

Reflect stops pursuit and provides team support.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'd use BotlBeam for counter Mesprit since Infernape doesn't have a hard time getting by Mesprit and Thunder Wave/Reflect is enough Heracross nerfing.

Years
    Scizor @ LO:Technician
    Adamant - 30HP:240Atk:240Spe
    X-Scissor
    Brick Break
    Bullet Punch/Aerial Ace
    Swords Dance

I decided to start making a new team and this guy was something I thought of. Not the best Physical Sweeper but current testing (with Aerial Ace) shows that it's not too bad. The EV's are based around it's IV's and I tried to make this not copying anything off the internet. So it's just something I'm using as a Physical Sweeper instead of the standard BatonPassing Scizor. Please LMK if there's anything I could fix up.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Scizor @ LO:Technician
    Adamant - 30HP:240Atk:240Spe
    X-Scissor
    Brick Break
    Bullet Punch/Aerial Ace
    Swords Dance

I decided to start making a new team and this guy was something I thought of. Not the best Physical Sweeper but current testing (with Aerial Ace) shows that it's not too bad. The EV's are based around it's IV's and I tried to make this not copying anything off the internet. So it's just something I'm using as a Physical Sweeper instead of the standard BatonPassing Scizor. Please LMK if there's anything I could fix up.

This set is actually quite common on platifail. Bullet Punch greatly exceeds aerial ace. If you want more survivability, go 252 HP/252 Atk/6Spe Adamant and run Roost>>X-Scissor. This set looks good though.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    This set is actually quite common on platifail. Bullet Punch greatly exceeds aerial ace. If you want more survivability, go 252 HP/252 Atk/6Spe Adamant and run Roost>>X-Scissor. This set looks good though.

Why over its secondary STAB? Steels like Skarmory wall it regardless of its fighting attack and X-Scissor does more to Bronzong and Metagross anyways. Yea, Heatran sucks, but it usually comes in on revenge anyways when you're helpless. Losing X-Scissor makes it horrible bulky water bate.

Years
    Does anyone have an idea for an Aggron geared toward tanking?
    i dont known if it can tank with all those weaknesses but you could try this out.

aggron@leftovers
    nature:adamnat
    252ho/252att/6speed
    moveset:
    substitute
    focus punch
    stone edge
    t-wave/avalache

it theratically cant tank.just comin on something it walls and setup a sub and fire away!

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Ok, so I need help with this Bellossom set,

@ Leftovers
    Chlorophyll
    Modest
    4HP / 252Spd, 252SAtk
    - Solarbeam
    - Sunny Day
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power (Fire)

Any ideas?

Years
    @ Leftovers
    Chlorophyll
    Modest
    4HP / 252Spd, 252SAtk
    - Solarbeam
    - Sunny Day
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power (Fire)

Any ideas?
    sludge bomb hits what hp fire hits and has poor coverage..i suggest a status move.
    and if its setting up sunnyday for the whole team then i suggest heat rock otherwise leftys is fine.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    sludge bomb hits what hp fire hits and has poor coverage..i suggest a status move.
    and if its setting up sunnyday for the whole team then i suggest heat rock otherwise leftys is fine.

Also, could I get a Cherrim moveset please

sure,it would help if you would specify which role it is playing

cherrim@heat rock
    modest
    252sp.att/252speed/6hp
    sunnyday
    solarbeam/energy ball
    hp fire
    protect/grass whislte

Since you have cherrim setting up sunny day on this team (if they're gonna be on the same team), why not go for a more sweepish Bellossom set? you could go Solarbeam or Leaf Storm/HP Fire/ Sleep Powder/ Stun Spore or Grass Knot.

Shiny

Years
    I'm still deciding which pokemon I'll have on my team, I only have Beautifly, Claydol & Cherrim at the moment, I'm considering Bellossom & Jynx, but then if I add Bellossom, half my team would be super effective against fire, poison & bug types

devilicious

dream
    Years
    If you're even seriously considering a team with Beautifly and Cherrim, then your other three Pokémon could just be Magikarp, Metapod and Kakuna and it wouldn't make a diference.

In other words, no.

Shiny

Years
    I play with the Pokemon I like, they just happen to be the worse ones in your books

devilicious

dream
    Years
    If you play with the Pokémon you like, why are you asking for opinions?

I have nothing against people who use their favorites, but I don't see why your team weakness would matter if you're just playing for fun with the Pokémon you like the most.

Again, I have nothing against that kind of teams, but still.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Regardless, the team is still targeting a competitive area, and I could see some viability in UU with this.

Sunny Day teams are rare to see, but they can bring some serious threats to some teams, especially Rain Dance teams if you get the sun up. If you're using Cherrim, I strongly suggest you going with a doubles team since Cherrim is only real useful at that point.

I'm not experienced in double battles, so I'll leave that to someone else. If it's for single, I would urge away from Cherrim and use Meganium or something (if you like it; they're about the same anyway) The Cherrim set above is your best bet with it.

Shiny

Years
    Well I've got a team together, it's Sunny Day;

@ Heat Rock
    Natural Cure
    Timid
    4HP / 252Spd / 252SAtk
    - Weather Ball
    - Sunny Day
    - Energy Ball
    - Sludge Bomb

@ Heat Rock
    Modest
    252SAtk / 252Spd / 6HP
    - Sunny Day
    - Solarbeam
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Protect

@ Muscle Band
    Leaf Guard
    Hasty
    4HP / 252Spd / 252Atk
    - Swords Dance
    - Grass Whistle
    - Leaf Blade
    - Hidden Power (Fire)

@ Leftovers
    Chlorophyll
    Modest
    4HP / 252Spd / 252SAtk
    - Solarbeam
    - Synthesis
    - Leaf Storm
    - Air Slash

@ Life Orb
    Effect Spore
    Hasty
    4HP / 252Spd / 252Atk
    - Force Palm
    - Swords Dance
    - Seed Bomb
    - Rock Slide

@ Leftovers
    Suction Cups
    Modest
    4HP / 252Spd / 252SAtk
    - Energy Ball
    - Gastro Acid
    - Ancient Power
    - Earthquake

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    So if something like Infernape shows up do you just hope it has Specs'd Nasty Plot or how does that work out?

Mono grass isn't going to work. Throw in a fire-type or two...I don't know, Sunny Day teams just don't work in OU battles much at all so you might as well have fun with the team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back