• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    "The given EVs hit 280 Speed, enough to outrun Lucario and other base 90 Speed Pokemon. One can invest additional EVs into Speed (216 Speed EVs for beats Adamant Electivire)"

I don't think going on par against Mence is the greatest decision, hence why it's not always needed. But, if you feel comfy in doing so, go right ahead since the HP doesn't hit a certain point or survivability.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Team revamps take forever... this revamp involves a UU team centered around SubCM Mismagius. I wanted to put in a poke that would take out pokes that could wall the set, namely Muk, and bulky Normals/Fights/Steels. I decided to run the following:

Hariyama @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252 HP/ 180 Atk/ 76 Def

Force Palm
    Knock Off
    Earthquake
    [???]

I wanted to keep Force Palm and EQ to stop above threats. I might change to a RestTalk. Help on a final slot is also appreciated.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    darkseeker, do note that it is a defensive Hariyama, and defensive drops will not be liked. Force Palm is highly acceptable with its paralysis chance, but Cross Chop for a stronger STAB is possible. 80 accuracy is off-putting, but it's your best bet compared to Brick Break.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Team revamps take forever... this revamp involves a UU team centered around SubCM Mismagius. I wanted to put in a poke that would take out pokes that could wall the set, namely Muk, and bulky Normals/Fights/Steels. I decided to run the following:

Hariyama @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252 HP/ 180 Atk/ 76 Def

Force Palm
    Knock Off
    Earthquake
    [???]

I wanted to keep Force Palm and EQ to stop above threats. I might change to a RestTalk. Help on a final slot is also appreciated.

Whats with the evs...

76 HP / 252 DEF / 180 Att

Low def and high hp pokes should be ev'd in the defenses first.

I need a few ideas for a cleric that isn't Blissey or Miltank.
    I was hoping for maybe 2 healing moves, a status move and an all-out attacking move? For STAB? But I don't know.

Celebi or Shaymin are probably the best along with Vileplume. Ive used Roserade as one too and it works decently...

Then you have rather "meh" options in Chimecho and Meganium..

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    LF a good and fast special attacker that covers about the same stuff as Yanmega...

I've narrowed it down to Espeon (Signal Beam), and Mothim (Bug Buzz).

However, I'm not sure which would be better. Espeon can absorb special attacks decently, but lacks the defense or HP to take physical hits, whereas Mothim has MUCH more move variety, and a decent upgrade to HP compared to Espeon...

My team is the one I posted on the last page, with Purugly replacing Gengar as my lead, and Bastiodon replacing Tangrowth as my physical wall.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Go with Venomoth. Only takes 25% from Stealth Rock, decent Speed and Special Attack and the big seller: Tinted Lens. 2HKOs a great deal of Pokemon with a Choice Spec'd Bug Buzz.

Venomoth @ Choice Specs
    Modest Nature
    Tinted Lens
    252 SAtk / 252 Speed / 6 SDef

Bug Buzz
    Psychic
    HP Ground
    Sludge Bomb / Stun Spore / Sleep Powder

The other moves are basically filler. All you really need is Bug Buzz.

Years
    Shiroi, it can Both Dual Screen and use Status. It's great for shutting pokemon down. Although the standard set uses Reflect/Will-o-wisp/Thunderbolt/Light Screen you can run WoW as an alternative to reflect.

Out of curiosity, what does Jolly>Adamant on ScarfJirachi achieve? DDMence runs Adamant and less than max EVs, anyway, so I can't see much use in it. I've had no problems running Adamant on mine.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    ( Soz, archer, I don't know how to do stats. I'll let D_A or someone answer)

I'm thinking of a bulky TrickRocker, namely Claydol, for my UU Team. I can't seem to come up with a good set though... any ideas?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Shiroi, it can Both Dual Screen and use Status. It's great for shutting pokemon down. Although the standard set uses Reflect/Will-o-wisp/Thunderbolt/Light Screen you can run WoW as an alternative to reflect.

Out of curiosity, what does Jolly>Adamant on ScarfJirachi achieve? DDMence runs Adamant and less than max EVs, anyway, so I can't see much use in it. I've had no problems running Adamant on mine.

Well it outspeeds all + speed scarf base 90's and 95s (P-Z, lucario etc) and what not.

But people just run it to speed ties at worst with other jirachi, other base 100's and to speed tie with jolly max speed dd mence after a dd (even though people dont run jolly max speed dd mence, but i guess they like the insurance) >:

( Soz, archer, I don't know how to do stats. I'll let D_A or someone answer)

I'm thinking of a bulky TrickRocker, namely Claydol, for my UU Team. I can't seem to come up with a good set though... any ideas?

Claydol @ Scarf/Band/Spec
    32 HP / 252 Atk or Sp.Att / 224 Speed
    Adamant / Modest Nature
    - Trick
    - Stealth Rock
    - Zen Headbutt / Psychic
    - Earthquake / Earth power

6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed @ + Speed nature outpaces those pokes that like to hover around the 270 mark so you may use that too (especially on the band and specs sets.)

Uxie and Mesprit are cool choices too for this sort of thing too and a few others ive more than likely forgot...

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I am having a little trouble with Mixdra.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    Waterfall
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    HP electric.

I dunno whether Damp Rock would replace Life Orb due to its capacity to dent anything (I think 2 Pokemon would die just facing Mixdra, well except the spongy Vaporeon.) ...
    And I think Swift Swim would be useless without Weather support or Rain Dance. (Replace HP electric?)
    Should I go Rash with it?
    I am confident Ice Beam can OHKO a lotta Dragons, although I feel insecure whether I would Place DM instead of Ice beam, but White Herb is needed.

I just don't know what moves to put on it...

Opinions are gladly appreciated.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I am having a little trouble with Mixdra.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    Waterfall
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    HP electric.

I dunno whether Damp Rock would replace Life Orb due to its capacity to dent anything (I think 2 Pokemon would die just facing Mixdra, well except the spongy Vaporeon.) ...
    And I think Swift Swim would be useless without Weather support or Rain Dance. (Replace HP electric?)
    Should I go Rash with it?
    I am confident Ice Beam can OHKO a lotta Dragons, although I feel insecure whether I would Place DM instead of Ice beam, but White Herb is needed.

I just don't know what moves to put on it...

Opinions are gladly appreciated.

Kingdra@Life orb
    252 Atk / 240 SpA / 16 Speed
    Naughty/Lonely Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Hydro Pump
    - Draco Meteor

Best set ive used for it and it also happens to be standard x].

Evs beat Timid scarf heatran and modest scarf porygon -z in the rain which are the only scarfers that will cause Kingdra problems. (Bar like flygon and mence, but you may invest more speed to beat these if you wish which takes alot of speed evs..)

Anyways you'll want Life Orb since it needs the power to beat walls such as blissey, celebi and what not.

Draco Meteor >> Hp Electric because the only thing you his harder thats worth noting is Gyarados who cant take Meteors regardless and Empoleon who cant really take boosted Waterfalls in the rain and cant do much back to you. Draco Meteor is more powerful than a 2x super effective HP Eletric. This leaves Ice Beam, with dragon its coverage is redundant do use Rain Dance.

White Herb isnt needed on this set as you can just switch after Draco Meteor and since Kingdra is pretty bulky its easy to bring in. Although i find using this set best works as follows ; Meteor on the switch to wear down counters and THEN try a sweep late game via using Rain Dance and your water moves, as pretty much with any pokemon.

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Go with Venomoth. Only takes 25% from Stealth Rock, decent Speed and Special Attack and the big seller: Tinted Lens. 2HKOs a great deal of Pokemon with a Choice Spec'd Bug Buzz.

Venomoth @ Choice Specs
    Modest Nature
    Tinted Lens
    252 SAtk / 252 Speed / 6 SDef

Bug Buzz
    Psychic
    HP Ground
    Sludge Bomb / Stun Spore / Sleep Powder

The other moves are basically filler. All you really need is Bug Buzz.

Thanks... but the only one out of the new 3 I like is Purugly... she was able to hold her own in 80% of the battles... (Tested on shoddy). Bastiodon was murdered in one shot by earthquake everytime, and Venomoth did nothing, he was outsped by everything -.-;;

So now I get the pleasure of finding a new physical wall and special attacker, fun stuff.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    What, if anything, can I do with a Calm Suicune? Cheers in advance, cel

Check out Anti's thread "Threats of the OU metagame", its one of the active threads in this forum atm. It details, as you may have guessed, suicune's most threatening sets. From my experience crocune tends to be a menace.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Something with Reflect, Mirror Coat and a ton of sp.def evs sounds fun for a calm suicune.

But Suicunes preferred nature really is bold for defensive sets and Modest or Timid for offensive ones.

:)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    I just want a good charizard for battle tower i just need two or more moves that compliment my charizard well

Charizard LV. 100

HP 285
    DEFENSE 187
    Sp. attack 244
    Sp. def 229
    Speed 277
    Moves
    Heat wave
    fly/?
    ?
    ?
    Nature
    Gentle

Thanks for the help
    In diamond and pearl battle tower

Years
    well if it's for the battle tower i suggest ev tranning and decide wether you want it to be physical or special.And next time post in the battle tower discussion thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back