• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Honestly Life Orb is better since the boost is bigger and it applies to all attacks, not just supereffective ones. the recoil is meh but Vire doesn't mind it much.

Granted, nothing can stop Muk. Not even a Choice Banded EQ from a Garchomp, who's been Baton-passed 3 Swords Dance, can stop it. He can then counter with lick, for an OHKO. I did the calcs.

Vire isn't really meant to take much hits anyway. Anyone who falls from one Focus Blast from Raichu doesn't care about losing health from Life Orb.

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Well I want to start playing Shoddy, so I need a team made up of: Staraptor, Milotic, Torkoal, Probopass, Abomasnow & Honchkrow please

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Well people, I'm looking for another certain pokemon.

Recently, my team's been running with no dragons. I wanna take Dragonite, my old fav dragon, out for a spin with a Dragon Dance setup; does anyone have a setup?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well people, I'm looking for another certain pokemon.

Recently, my team's been running with no dragons. I wanna take Dragonite, my old fav dragon, out for a spin with a Dragon Dance setup; does anyone have a setup?

Out of curiosity why a dragon? It's not like they're mandatory or anything.

but as for Dragonite run the DD set with some Outrage action, preferably with Fire Punch and Earthquake as well. Too lazy to post the EVs and whatnot.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Out of curiosity why a dragon? It's not like they're mandatory or anything.

but as for Dragonite run the DD set with some Outrage action, preferably with Fire Punch and Earthquake as well. Too lazy to post the EVs and whatnot.

Ill do that lol

Dragonite@Leftovers / Life Orb / Lum Berry
    Jolly Nature
    56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Speed
    - Fire Punch / Fire Blast
    - outrage
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake

This is actually a really nice set.

This is one thing Mence and Garchomp cant do, Dragon Dance and then outrage =).

Fire Punch does more to bronzong, whilst Fire Blast does more to Forry, Skarm etc.

Last edited:

ABYAY

Years
    @Anti-Pop; I've decided that I bring back my old favorite pokemon to join my team. I also think Dragonite is much less expected, so it's of high preference by me to be the anti-standard to say.

@Dark_Azelf: I was expecting the DD standard, but I'll try to put it into action. Thanks.

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Does anyone have a good moveset for a wall Shuckle?

Im currently EVing its HP, and has perfect 31 IV in defense.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Does anyone have a good moveset for a wall Shuckle?

Im currently EVing its HP, and has perfect 31 IV in defense.

Shuckle would have to be the worst pokemon ever lol

Shuckle@leftovers
    252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
    impish nature
    ~ Body Slam / Knock Off
    ~ Toxic / Stealth Rock
    ~ Encore
    ~ Rest

Body Slam for parahax.

Body Slam is illegal with Knock Off btw, so one or the other in that first slot.

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Shuckle would have to be the worst pokemon ever lol

Shuckle@leftovers
    252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
    impish nature
    ~ Body Slam / Knock Off
    ~ Toxic / Stealth Rock
    ~ Encore
    ~ Rest

Body Slam for parahax.

Body Slam is illegal with Knock Off btw, so one or the other in that first slot.

This is basically what I have, except

W/ Leftovers
    Toxic
    Rest
    Sandstorm
    Silverwind

Its a pretty big annoyance with its def and sp def stat, toxic, rest and sandstorm. And a move that never misses.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    You want an actual killer Shuckle, this one has sweeped my team, and Im not proud of it

Shuckle-Leftovers
    Impish/Carefull-252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpDef
    Rest
    Encore
    Toxic
    Acupressure

This thing is evil!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    You want an actual killer Shuckle, this one has sweeped my team, and Im not proud of it

Shuckle-Leftovers
    Impish/Carefull-252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpDef
    Rest
    Encore
    Toxic
    Acupressure

This thing is evil!

Probably needs Knock Off to kill Banded/specs Attackers and stop Lefties recovery.

Also I'd EV more towards Defnese since Sand Stream can take care of SDef.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2013
    I'm kinda new to EVs and stuff so.....

Torterra @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature
    - Wood Hammer
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower
    - Earthquake

I mainly need help with the EV spread.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Sorry but not many people have time to think up entire teams, or even just the sets. I can help with the probopass though, this set brought me mixed success:
    Probopass@Lefties
    Relaxed
    252HP/200SpDef/56SpAtt
    Rest
    Sleep Talk/Thunderwave
    Flash Cannon
    Stealth Rock/Sandstorm

Special Wall. Relaxed nature boosts its regular defence to allow it to survive the occasional physical attack if needs be (Not recommended though). Rest is it's healing move, then the next slot varies. Sleep talk allows it to carry on going while it rests, but you could end up using stealth rock over and over again, which isnt exactly helpful. T-wave is useful for switch outs, but leaves you doing nothin for 2 turns while you rest. Flash cannon is the viable STAB move. The the last slot is again personal preference. SR delivers a single lump of damage, while Sandstorm is a continual stream. It works well until a fighting move comes along, no quantity of defence is gonna soften up a quad weakness.

ABYAY

Years
    When Milotic runs Bold, it's a great Mixed Wall to run with (Resttalk set works great.) If you wanna go Calm nature, then Sp. sponge has its name on it, depending on the EVs you give it.

I like to run this as a mixed wall.

Milotic@Leftovers
    Bold
    252HP/232def/24sp.atk

Ice Beam
    HP Electric
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

This set has its purposes. Mockery of a boltbeam gives me Gyarados coverage, but even the standard fire types can come in. I could drop Ice Beam for Surf, but meh... I would lose a lot of coverage.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Why do people always want so much coverage on their walls? Taking away Milotic's STAB move is a really bad idea.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Could you guys tell me what holes are in my Manectrics moveset? I'll list the types out to and if anyone can tell me what I missed for SE and NVE

Thunderbolt
    HP Rock
    Flamethrower
    Roar

SE hits against:
    Water
    Grass
    Steel
    Flying
    Bug
    Ice
    Maybe Fire(Can't remember if rock is SE)
    Neutral:
    Psycic
    Ghost
    Poison

NVE against:
    Ground(gaping hole here I know)
    dragon

What am I forgeting here?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back