• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    *Marowak shouldnt have speed unless it has ninjask support, because at base 45 its not gonna be outspeeding anything. 252Att/200HP/56Def Please
    *Umbreon does what your lefeon is doing but wayyyyyy better. Switch the two and find the standard cuz i cant remember it :P
    *No destiny bond on frosglass. You use destiny bond>they attack and miss due to snow cloak>your plan is revealed, they take action. T-bolt please.
    *Scrap that tauros, other than the EV spread its all wrong.
    Tauros@Choice Band
    Adamant
    252Att/252Spd/6HP
    EQ
    Stone Edge
    Return
    Pursuit
    *Ok, dont post what your pokemon are, post what they will be. It makes it easier for us.
    *Again, vulpix/ninetales is wrong set wise:
    Ninetales@(Cant remember item, but quick claw is hax)
    Modest
    252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
    Flamethrower
    Hypnosis
    Energy Ball
    HP Ice/Dark Pulse
    I cant remember the standard but this set worked well for me.

You lack walls at the moment, I'd scrap leafeon and take two walls.

EDIT: For marowak these moves please: EQ Stone Edge Swords Dance and Fire punch (If you have access to emerald)

Years
    Hi i'm new here and i was hoping if someone could help me.
    I'm trying to raise a shuppet but i don't know what moves i should give him or what nature he should be so please help me.

Years
    Hi i'm new here and i was hoping if someone could help me.
    I'm trying to raise a shuppet but i don't know what moves i should give him or what nature he should be so please help me.

One interesting set I've seen is this one as a leader.

Shuppet @ Focus Sash; Frisk
    Timid; 252 Speed, 252 HP, 4 Special Attack
    Destiny Bond
    Counter
    Shadow Ball
    Filler

Basically, you lead with this. Frisk lets you see your opponent's held item. Then you either use Counter, relying on the Focus Sash to save you, or Destiny Bond for if you're certain to go first, and the Focus Sash didn't help. The other two moves are fillers.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    you trade or keep catchin them until you get a timid nature 1

Years
    Or you can breed for it. If you have a Timid female Shuppet/Banette, or a Timid Ditto and male Shuppet/Banette, you're good. Have the female hold an Everstone, or the Ditto if you're using the Shuppet/Banette as the father, and put them in the Day Care together. Every Egg will have a 50% chance of having the same Nature as the mother.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Just to remind people, its more appropriate to put what the pokemon will be instead of what it is. It prevents confusion in the cases of pokemon where the prevolution is better (Eg scyther) or where there are multiple evolutionary paths (Eg eevee)
    And I'd use banette something like this (Apologies for the rubbishness cuz ive never used it :))
    Banette@Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    252Att/252Spd/6HP
    Shadow Claw
    Pursuit
    Return
    Night Shade
    Physical sweeper set, although looking at its stats im not sure how this poke made it into UU. Eveything is there for coverage, Night shade does a lump quantity of damage Against things like steel types. There's probably a better set but i cant see where :)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Um Gofre, Marowak NEEDS all the speed it can get whether it has Ninjask support or not (though you should use it with Ninjask support)

Also I need a Skarmory moveset...one that can COMPETE in today's metagame, meaning I want a support set rather than a wall set.

Years
    Oh so thats why, are their also other natures i can use because i have now already 11 shuppets and still no timid or jolly nature i'm getting a little sick of breeding shuppets just to find the right nature.

Years
    Or you can breed for it. If you have a Timid female Shuppet/Banette, or a Timid Ditto and male Shuppet/Banette, you're good. Have the female hold an Everstone, or the Ditto if you're using the Shuppet/Banette as the father, and put them in the Day Care together. Every Egg will have a 50% chance of having the same Nature as the mother.

Behold.

I would recommend catching Dittos in Emerald, FireRed, or LeafGreen. They can breed with everything that can breed.

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
    I need a good EV spread to go with this Miltank, as I don't know if Smogon's are that good

Miltank @leftovers
    Impish
    - Body Slam
    - Seismic Toss
    - Milk Drink
    - Heal Bell

Thanks a lot

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years
    Lead?

Hey guys, I was wondering about these two pokes and how they would do as a lead
    Mismagus and Tangrowht. @ high sp.atk and def in Tang's case and spd in Mis's case they seem to be able to fend off almost any lead unless they outspeed the mismagus.

I was also wondering what would a good lead be to this team

-Lead-
    Weavile CB phs. sweeper
    Infernape LOrb mixed.sweeper
    Donphan Lefties Phys.wall (spins and sets SR)
    Blissey Lefties Special.wall
    Dusknoir Lefties Mixed.Wall(prevents Spinners and works nice with bliss)

if you wanna take a look at the whole team it's under "modifcations to old team"

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years
    I waunt something that takes care of Hippowdon and heavy tough DEF pokes, and can play Taunt or SR.
    Too Bad Jolteon can't learn Taunt :S
    the fastest thing with taunt and good special attack is mismagus, but with it I spell Dark Weakness.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I waunt something that takes care of Hippowdon and heavy tough DEF pokes, and can play Taunt or SR.
    Too Bad Jolteon can't learn Taunt :S
    the fastest thing with taunt and good special attack is mismagus, but with it I spell Dark Weakness.

Swampert. It can lay down SR and laughs at Bulky Grounds.

Something with Taunt AND SR...um you don't really need that most likely.

Outlawed

Think you can beat me?
    Years
    So Lead with swampert, run surf, Stealth rock, Earthquake? and?
    I was never good with swampert actually :| or waters. i'm thinking Kingdra with it's own rain dance play. but that falls sooo out of place with that team. Maybe I can make something else, but I don't really like raind dance teams :p
    so, the swampert, please suggest a moveset and spread ^_^

Valkyrie90

Spiritual Concentration
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2008
    Is this Steelix good?

Steelix@Leftovers
    Nature: Impish (-s.atk +def)
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves: Toxic, Stone Edge, Gyro Ball, Earthquake
    EVs: 252 HP 252 S.DEF 4 ATK

So could anyone help me with this Steelix? Is it good?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I was looking at Garchomp

Base 108 HP / Base 95 def / Base 85 sp.def

Now look at swamperts : - Base 100hp / Base 90 def / Base 90 sp.def

Garchomp is infact bulkier than swampert =/. So, why cant Garchomp pull of a defensive set ? Swampert and Garchomp both have a crippling 4X weakness to ice and to grass respectively, Garchomp still has a dragon weakness aswell.

Garchomps resistances : Fire (50%), Poison (50%), Rock (50%), and immunity to Electric.

Swamperts resistances : Fire (50%), Poison (50%), Rock (50%), Steel (50%) and immunity to Electric.

The bolded being the only difference

Here are some sets i want to show you.

Garchomp@leftovers
    252 HP / 16 att / 200 DEF / 42 sp.def.
    Impish nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Dragon Claw / Toxic.
    - Earthquake. / Fire Fang / Fire Blast

A rest talker, this can easily come in on stuff like Gengar (With no Hidden power Ice), and take status.

Garchomp@Leftovers
    252 HP / 16 ATT / 200 DEF / 42 SP.DEF
    Impish nature
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock / Fire Blast / Fire Fang
    - Dragon Claw / Toxic
    - Earthquake

A SR and a PHazer set. I see this being great with wish support.

im thinking the above two sets could be a great switch into Tyranitar, mixape among other things.

Toxic is here to wear down standard switch ins to garchomp, e.g Gliscor, Hippowdon, Swampert, Gyarados etc. Bronzong causes problems as do all floaty steels, hence Fire Blast for Skarmory and Fire Fang for Bronzong.

At level 100 you end up with these stats with the ev spread of 252 HP / 16 ATT / 200 DEF / 42 SP.DEF : - 420 HP / 300 ATT / 303 DEF / 240 SPEED / 216 SP.DEF.
    Scary and absurdly bulky.

Just to prove its bulky-ness

120 SP.ATT Starmie (Standard starmie)

Defender HP: 420
    Damage: 341 - 401
    Damage: 81.19% - 95.48%

With ice Beam, in other words it ALWAYS survives an Ice beam from starmie, 120 sp.att evs is the standard number starmie must run and do run to ohko normal Garchomps. Im not saying you should stay in, but how many dragons can boast surviving and Ice Beam from anything.

It can learn captivate, which lowers the sp.att harshly (by 2 stages), i was thinking if you captivate and Ice Beamer on the switch in you have a fighting chance. lol

Thoughts, suggestions ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back