• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Whoaaaa ,totally meant heracross. Sorry.

I editied it. I dont know why i wrote pinser. I put "pass to heracross" after the moveset, so i know i must have just gotten them confused (im making an all bug team)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Anything with good attacking stats and some SD action like Heracross with Speed passed is obviously going to be really good. So yes it'll work.

Miya902

Twitch Streamer
    Years
    I need some help with my Ludicolo, I was training it until I was told that my Ludicolo basicly sucked because of its nature. Kinda Unmotivated but what nature should my Ludicolo have. Here is some info on him to help you a little.

Ability - Rain Dish
    Items: Leftovers or Damp Rock
    Attacks
    Zen Head Butt
    Leech Seed
    Mega Drain
    Rain Dance

The idea is, is that Ludicolo is always getting HP back in battle. I hope someone can help.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I'd rather get a Swift Swim Ludicolo as it is more useful. Rain Dish works fine if you want to Drain. Leftovers + Rain Dish + Leech Seed = A lot of Damage. But get rid of Zen Headbutt and MegaDrain for something useful like Surf or Hydropump.

Miya902

Twitch Streamer
    Years
    I'd rather get a Swift Swim Ludicolo as it is more useful. Rain Dish works fine if you want to Drain. Leftovers + Rain Dish + Leech Seed = A lot of Damage. But get rid of Zen Headbutt and MegaDrain for something useful like Surf or Hydropump.

But what nature should I use?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Hydro Pump sucks on Leech Seed Ludi though.

The best set on Ludi I've used for not sweeping is Leech Seed/Grass Knot/Ice Beam/Toxic. It's total Heracross bait, but it causes a lot of switches with Leech Seed and lets you Toxic up the entire team, and can seed Blissey trying to clear up the team and lets you bring in some powerful sweeping action.

You can change the set a lot though with Rain Dance and Surf being really common.

EDIT: Calm or Modest

Miya902

Twitch Streamer
    Years
    Hydro Pump sucks on Leech Seed Ludi though.

The best set on Ludi I've used for not sweeping is Leech Seed/Grass Knot/Ice Beam/Toxic. It's total Heracross bait, but it causes a lot of switches with Leech Seed and lets you Toxic up the entire team, and can seed Blissey trying to clear up the team and lets you bring in some powerful sweeping action.

You can change the set a lot though with Rain Dance and Surf being really common.

EDIT: Calm or Modest

Thank you very much for your help.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'd like to add on to that...you should really try out all variations since it's kind of one of those personal preference deals, and also ones with Rain Dance really need to fit in with the rest of your team.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    ...What? What do you mean?

Try out all kinds of Ludicolo sets and find out what one you like the best and what one fits the best with your team.

It has a few options I didn't mention so I suggest exploring them. Surf and Rain Dance are very common so that would be a good place to start.

Valkyrie90

Spiritual Concentration
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2008
    Miya, here's the Ludicolo I plan on using in my Rain Dance team in the future, maybe it'll give you some ideas as to how to make yours:

Item Held: Leftovers
    Nature: Calm (-atk +s.def)
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Moves: Rain Dance, Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Leech Seed
    120 S.DEF / 104 SPD / 204 HP / 80 S.ATK

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hi all, i need a moveset for a mixed deoxysA please (Just moveset/itm please, its already EVed)

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    i got this swellow

it has an impish nature
    ablity:guts
    item: toxic orb

facade
    refresh
    airial ace
    endevor

is it decent? or could it be better?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It doesnt really need the speed, base 125 is high for UU
    Toxic Orb over flame orb, since burn's 1/2 doesnt count with guts.
    Scrap endevour, odds are if you're at a low health then the orb will finish you off before you can use it. Facade is generally better.
    EV set also helps.
    I'll just suggest what I've found to work, its easier lol
    Swellow@Flame Orb
    Adamant
    252Att/252Spd/6HP
    Facade
    Ariel Ace
    U-Turn
    Pursuit
    Facade is self-explainatory. AA is for STAB, Pursit for revenge kills. U-Turn allows you to hit then get out on the switch, useful for conserving HP. Flame orb over toxic orb cuz bad-poisin can sap your health really quick

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    i got this swellow

it has an impish nature
    ablity:guts
    item: toxic orb

facade
    refresh
    airial ace
    endevor

is it decent? or could it be better?
    Well, it could be better. Impish isn't the best nature. It does nothing to support Swellow's capabilities. A nature like Adamant or Jolly is preferred.

Use Flame Orb over Toxic Orb. Flame Orb negates the halving of the Attack stat.

There is no need for Refresh, its supposed to utilize Flame Orb to the best of its ability, which is with Guts. So take that out for Pursuit.

U-Turn is an option over Endeavor.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    What would be a good Moveset for this Pokemon?

Yanmega@???
    Lax Nature

My current moveset is:
    Foresight
    SilverWind
    Ancient Power
    Uproar

I was thinking on making a Baton Passer (if he can learn it) out of him.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yanmega is probably best with:

Yanmega @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hypnosis
    - Bug Buzz
    - Air Slash
    - Hidden Power [Ice / Ground]

Meh, I don't know much about the mega-bug.

Blargtastic808

likes stuff
    Years
    Yanmega
    Speed boost
    Timid
    4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Speed
    Wide lens
    Hypnosis
    Airslash
    Bug buzz
    Protect

Protect is for scouting but could probably be replaced with something more useful.

Could someone throw me a good Gyara-counter without it being solely a Gyara-counter? Thanks.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Rest/Sleep Talk/Charge Beam/filler Cresselia works well in hampering Gyara's sweep and with Ice Beam or Psychic in the filler slot it isn't too bad hehe.

Celebi and Tangrowth are both awesome Gyarados counters, especially Tangrowth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back