• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
    Trying to be different with Milotic

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP DEF
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Surf

(Not going with Hypnosis cause I'm an accuracy freak)

Moves are self explanatory..

Good nuff?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Need a good moveset for gengar with a hasty nature >.<

Gengar@Life Orb
    Hasty Nature
    204 Atk / 54 Sp.A / 252 Speed
    ~ Explosion
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Focus Punch / Hidden power ice

Focus Punch 2hkos blissey, OHKo's Tyranitar and weavile.

Explosion OHKo's blissey 100% of the time.

Other moves are for coverage and STAB.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Azelf, whats that Sub-passing Vappy you used in your battle log? I wanna steal use it. :D

Oh that, its freeking godly.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
    188 HP / 252 DEF / 70 SP.DEF
    Bold Nature
    Trait : Water Absorb
    - Surf / Hidden power Electric
    - Wish
    - Substitute
    - Baton Pass

Yeah it passes Wish and 101 HP Subs, good to pass these subs to Dragon Dancers and Nasty plotters and frail things that cant usually switch in easilly such as weavile gengar and infernape.. Even if your opponent breaks the sub on the turn you baton pass you get a free switch in as Baton Pass counts as a turn so its a win - win situation. Its hard to do but you can pass subs and a Wish but usually its just one or the other. Wish is great aswell if you use a wall without a reliable healing move such as donphan etc. Its even an awesome Gyarados counter if you want to lack a STAB move and go Hidden power electric which 2hkos Gyarados who will try and taunt you to stop the baton pass and can only 3hko you after a dragon dance and Vaporeon is immune to its strongest STAB move Waterfall due to water absorb ,Surf is generally the better option >> hidden power Electric though just because of STAB.

MegamanTrinity

yes.... I am old.
    Years
    I am a total newbie... but im looking for a good team to ease through the battle tower a few hundred times, lol. this is what i have. sadly, all my pokemon need fixed movesets.

Quirky umbreon
    Impish Gallade
    Docile Dragonair
    Calm Charizard
    Docile Starmie~~~Ice Beam, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Surf
    (closest thing to a good moveset)

HELP!!!!!!!! what can I do, can I get some advise on new natures and good movesets? Again ill combat flames... I am a total newbie. so I need all the help I can get.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I am a total newbie... but im looking for a good team to ease through the battle tower a few hundred times, lol. this is what i have. sadly, all my pokemon need fixed movesets.

Quirky umbreon
    Impish Gallade
    Docile Dragonair
    Calm Charizard
    Docile Starmie~~~Ice Beam, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Surf
    (closest thing to a good moveset)

HELP!!!!!!!! what can I do, can I get some advise on new natures and good movesets? Again ill combat flames... I am a total newbie. so I need all the help I can get.

Nuetral natures suck, rid of them at once! If you want a REALLY good attacking Starmie for the battle tower, check out:

Starmie @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot / Psychic

Modest since power > speed in battle tower IMO.

MegamanTrinity

yes.... I am old.
    Years
    are you saying I should ditch psychic for grass knot, or you saying i could use either? also choice specs look bad reading what they do in game, can you only use one move if your wearing them?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    are you saying I should ditch psychic for grass knot, or you saying i could use either? also choice specs look bad reading what they do in game, can you only use one move if your wearing them?

You use one move, but the power increase is HUGE. For example, a Tyranitar holding choice Band can kill skarmory in two hits. THAT'S saying something.

You can just switch out and then you have freedom to use any move again. Life Orb is an option if you don't like the choice affect.

Psychic or Grass Knot. I prefer Grass Knot for the likes of swampert, but anything will work. If you use psychic, I'd go timid nature as its main use is killing gengar, and it needs timid to outspeed.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Alright, some of you may have kept track of my old topic, ABY's Sandstorm Trauma, mentioning Cradily. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, but I can't decide on the last move. It's a special sponge in a sandstorm team.

Recover
    Stealth Rock
    Rock Slide (I still need a RS TM)
    Earthquake/Toxic/Mirror Coat (These 3 have advantages that are keys. Earthquake deals damage to Steels and rocks that could wall me somewhat, as well as putting some damage on the nasty Electivire. Toxic gives me control over Dusknoir and many other non-steel walls that don't have Synchronize. Mirror Coat is major punishment to those sp. sweepers that try to take me out in 2 blows, only to be crushed by the coat. It's great against the almighty SpecsMence, who's Intimidate has left my attack shot in the dust.)

It's a tough choice; what way should I go?

Kirioroshi

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I was looking into this Moveset for a Garchomp to use in Battle Tower or competitive battles.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 Hp
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Outrage
    -Fire Fang

would that work?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Hello~
    Seeing as I still can't breed out a Jolly Infernape for CB'Nape... I'm going to switch it for Mixape and see if that's any better.

So, what would be a moveset for Mix'ape??
    (Preferably would like it to have T-punch since all the eggs I've already hatched have it)

PhoenixFlare

Yay fire! Pulls out matches.
    Years
    Hello~
    Seeing as I still can't breed out a Jolly Infernape for CB'Nape... I'm going to switch it for Mixape and see if that's any better.

So, what would be a moveset for Mix'ape??
    (Preferably would like it to have T-punch since all the eggs I've already hatched have it)

I'm terrible at EVs but.

Thunderpunch/ Flare blitz/ Flamethrower
    Close combat
    Grass knot
    Nasty plot

That should be its moveset.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    WHat place should riolu/luacrio have eg physcal sweeper... or something.
    What moves it should it have?
    As i have no - idea

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    WHat place should riolu/luacrio have eg physcal sweeper... or something.
    What moves it should it have?
    As i have no - idea

Riolu is not to be used for battling. Its evolved form, Lucario, is a great special sweeper, though. Lucario can also be used as a physical sweeper, or a mixed sweeper with Me First (this is probably novelty though).

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    Riolu is not to be used for battling. Its evolved form, Lucario, is a great special sweeper, though. Lucario can also be used as a physical sweeper, or a mixed sweeper with Me First (this is probably novelty though).

I only have a lvl 1 riolu (female) impish atm.
    If physical/special
    what moves should it have?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back