• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    Close Combat over Cross Chop, even with the negative kickback, the accuracy difference is too hard to pass up. And Poison Jab is only super-effective against grass types.

Would you suggest Stone Edge over Poison Jab?

Years
    Hey, I know this'll sound random, but does anyone know of a decent Kecleon moveset? Currently I'm running:

Kecleon @ leftovers
    Careful nature
    Brick Break
    Shadow Claw/Shadow Sneak
    Skill Swap
    Thunderwave

The idea is just to get someone stuck as a ghost type with Shadow Claw/Sneak for super-effective hits, but I'm not sure if there's even a standard for Kecleon. I'll say that this at least does really well against a few special attackers, but I could use some help.

Problem is, they can just switch out and lose the type change. So many special sweepers are weak to Ghost anyway (Azelf, Gengar, Alakazam, Starmie, etc.)

Without a recovery move, Kecleon is less able to function as a special wall.
    Here's a crazy set i just thought of.

Kecleon @ Lefties/Petaya
    Sassy | 252 HP, 60 Atk, 100 SAtk, 100 SDef
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Nasty Plot/Twave/Ice Beam
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Focus Punch

Switch in to a Special Sweeper, and Sub. Shadow Ball hits most Special Sweepers, plus, Ice Beam hurts Specsmences. Twave cripples most Special Sweepers.
    Hello, I'm doing Special/Ghost damage what would you switch in? Blissey? Meet a warm and cuddly Focus Punch. Pinch berries are an option for subbing down.

Kirioroshi

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    i got a modest Riolu with these IV's and Vaccum wave.

Riolu - Modest
    Steadfast

Hp: 25-29
    Atk: 14-18
    Def: 15-19
    SAtk: 31
    SDef: 0-4
    Spd: 24-28

would this be ok with the set you gave me?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i got a modest Riolu with these IV's and Vaccum wave.

Riolu - Modest
    Steadfast

Hp: 25-29
    Atk: 14-18
    Def: 15-19
    SAtk: 31
    SDef: 0-4
    Spd: 24-28

would this be ok with the set you gave me?

Yep, Vaccum Wave/Aura Sphere/Dragon pulse or Hp Ice/Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse @Choice Specs should be nice.

KurosakiKun

Shoop da whoop!
    Years

Actually if you decide to use Wide lens, then both Thunder and Hypnosis become more viable.

Focus Blast, Thunder and Hypnosis all have 70% accuracy.
    > 70% accuracy + Wide Lens = 77% accuracy

It really depends on how confortable you are with 77% accuracy.
    I've decided to go with wide lens, as most of my moves a 'meh' in terms of acuracy.

But hatching/catching a timid/modest Gastly is proving to be the biggest chore. >_<

Years
    I'm not on the EV Spread for this Bronzong. HP is already done. It is for Haxtower and Wifi.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Sassy | Levitate
    < 252 HP, 180 SDef, (the rest can go in Atk+Def) >
    ~ Gyro Ball
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Hypnosis
    ~ Stealth Rock / Reflect / Light Screen

Notes: Sassy, 252 HP, 180 SDef with my IVs (28+29) makes Azelfs LO'd Flamethrower 3HKO w/Lefties. My Spd IV is about 2. I intend for this to be a specially oriented Bronzong. So I just need help on the remaining EVs and the last slot.

EDIT: Timid Specsmence FireBlast hits at
    71.89% - 84.62%.

EDIT2: @KurosakiKun - Unless you are running a Scarf on Gengar, you really need it to be Timid. This allows you to outrun some notable sweepers (Max Speed Chomp and 1 DD Bulky Gyara and some others)

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not on the EV Spread for this Bronzong. HP is already done. It is for Haxtower and Wifi.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Sassy | Levitate
    < 252 HP, 180 SDef, (the rest can go in Atk+Def) >
    ~ Gyro Ball
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Hypnosis
    ~ Stealth Rock / Reflect / Light Screen

Notes: Sassy, 252 HP, 180 SDef with my IVs (28+29) makes Azelfs LO'd Flamethrower 3HKO w/Lefties. My Spd IV is about 2. I intend for this to be a specially oriented Bronzong. So I just need help on the remaining EVs and the last slot.

I got, Damage: 54.14% - 63.91% w/ Life Orb'd Flamethrower.

Thats really shaky, its more likely a 2hko than a 3hko =/, i use Fire Blast >> Flamethrower on my Elf anyways, moar power ftw !

But yeah, it looks fine, just please just dont try and wall Azelf with it, its not happening unless you run heatproof, heck theres even the possibility of Nasty Plot.

EDIT : Also no one uses Timid Specs Mence =/ Modest is standard.

EDIT 2 : 53% is the min for a 2hko btw

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    Ok, I was wondering, should I change any of these pokemon and/or moves. Please help me!!! Stats instead of ev's

Venasaur @ leftovers
    Adamant
    hp 309 atk 214 def 222 sp atk 225 sp def 233 speed 216
    Leech seed
    Energy ball
    Sleep powder
    Sludge bomb

Charizard@ leftovers
    Bashful
    hp 323 attk 208 def 187 sp.atk 270 sp.def 184 speed 241
    Focus punch
    Flamethrower
    Dragon rage
    Hidden power

Blastoise @ leftovers
    Rash
    hp 282 atk 224 def 260 sp.atk 232 sp.def 213 speed 200
    Blizzard
    Bite
    Skull bash
    Surf

Dusnkoir @ leftovers
    Timid
    hp 249 atk 210 def 278 sp.atk 165 sp.def 278 speed 147
    Shadow ball
    Will-O-Wisp
    Psychic
    Ice beam

Rampardos @ Iron ball
    Timid
    hp 324 atk 316 def 132 sp atk 136 sp def 133 speed 148
    Zen headbutt
    Rock polish
    Head smash
    Endeavor

Salamence @ life orb
    Modest
    hp 321 atk 281 def 183 sp.atk 302 sp.def 217 speed 235
    Earthquake
    Dragon claw
    Fire blast
    Fly

Please help people!

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    Ok, I was wondering, should I change any of these pokemon and/or moves. Please help me!!! Stats instead of ev's

Venasaur @ leftovers
    Adamant
    hp 309 atk 214 def 222 sp atk 225 sp def 233 speed 216
    Leech seed
    Energy ball
    Sleep powder
    Sludge bomb

Charizard@ leftovers
    Bashful
    hp 323 attk 208 def 187 sp.atk 270 sp.def 184 speed 241
    Focus punch
    Flamethrower
    Dragon rage
    Hidden power

Blastoise @ leftovers
    Rash
    hp 282 atk 224 def 260 sp.atk 232 sp.def 213 speed 200
    Blizzard
    Bite
    Skull bash
    Surf

Dusnkoir @ leftovers
    Timid
    hp 249 atk 210 def 278 sp.atk 165 sp.def 278 speed 147
    Shadow ball
    Will-O-Wisp
    Psychic
    Ice beam

Rampardos @ Iron ball
    Timid
    hp 324 atk 316 def 132 sp atk 136 sp def 133 speed 148
    Zen headbutt
    Rock polish
    Head smash
    Endeavor

Salamence @ life orb
    Modest
    hp 321 atk 281 def 183 sp.atk 302 sp.def 217 speed 235
    Earthquake
    Dragon claw
    Fire blast
    Fly

Please help people!

Almost all of these natures are off. You have adamant with a special attacking Venusaur, which lowers sp. att and raises physical, and it doesn't have a single physical move. Bashful on the Charizard doesn't boost anything, but I guess that's better than outright hindering your moveset. Dragon Rage doesn't help you on it, and it just depends on your Hidden Power whether it's any good or not. The only move that works on your Dusknoir is WoW. Dusknoir should never be a sp. attacker, and the nature is really wasted on it. Timid lowers attack, its higher means of doing damage, and raises its speed, which is really not necessary, and rarely helpful at all. Rampardos should also never be timid, as its highest stat is its gargantuan attack. If you really want to raise its speed (as opposed to its attack), go with Jolly to lower sp. attack. And don't let it hold Iron Ball. That's a worthless item anyway. The modest Salamence is perfect to be a Specsmence, holding Choice Specs and having all special attacks, and even if it were right to be a physical attacker, don't use Fly. Oops, forgot. The Blastoise? Don't go with rash, as it lowers the sp. defense. Ice beam over Blizzard, almost anything over Skull Bash, and lots of stuff over Bite. And try not to give something all attacking moves unless it's a choice or life orb pokemon.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Jirachi@leftovers
    252 HP / 80 SP.ATT / 176 Speed
    Modest Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Psychic
    - Wish
    - Calm Mind

Well, this can beat the queen of special walling, Blissey.I havent used this very often, i feel Substitute should be there as it can make 101 hp subs.

Suggestions to make it better ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    Almost all of these natures are off. You have adamant with a special attacking Venusaur, which lowers sp. att and raises physical, and it doesn't have a single physical move. Bashful on the Charizard doesn't boost anything, but I guess that's better than outright hindering your moveset. Dragon Rage doesn't help you on it, and it just depends on your Hidden Power whether it's any good or not. The only move that works on your Dusknoir is WoW. Dusknoir should never be a sp. attacker, and the nature is really wasted on it. Timid lowers attack, its higher means of doing damage, and raises its speed, which is really not necessary, and rarely helpful at all. Rampardos should also never be timid, as its highest stat is its gargantuan attack. If you really want to raise its speed (as opposed to its attack), go with Jolly to lower sp. attack. And don't let it hold Iron Ball. That's a worthless item anyway. The modest Salamence is perfect to be a Specsmence, holding Choice Specs and having all special attacks, and even if it were right to be a physical attacker, don't use Fly. Oops, forgot. The Blastoise? Don't go with rash, as it lowers the sp. defense. Ice beam over Blizzard, almost anything over Skull Bash, and lots of stuff over Bite. And try not to give something all attacking moves unless it's a choice or life orb pokemon.

Thats alot. Well, I don't think i'm going to be able to change all of that so..well...I dunno, might just quit battling.

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
    Can anyone give me some advice on my team? Currently it is:

Gallade, Adamant @ Big Root
    *Psycho Cut
    *X-Scissor
    *Drain Punch
    *Swords Dance

Gyarados, Jolly @ Splash Plate
    *Earthquake
    *Waterfall
    *Ice Fang
    *Dragon Dance

Mismagius, Modest @ Spooky Plate
    *Shadow Ball
    *Psychic
    *Magical Leaf
    *Calm Mind

Alakazam, Modest @ Mind Plate [My favorite :)]
    *Psychic
    *Shock Wave (Might be Focus Blast soon)
    *Calm Mind
    *Recover (Might be Energy Ball soon)

Tyranitar, Adamant @ Dread Plate
    *Earthquake
    *Crunch
    *Rock Slide
    *Toxic

Glaceon, Modest @ Icicle Plate
    *Ice Beam
    *Shadow Ball
    *Water Pulse
    *Hail (To make use of its Snow Cloak ability)

... and I have been beaten 4 times in a row...

The people I battled mostly said that I lacked speed, although this is probably because I have only half EV trained them; i.e. each one has only its ATK or SPATK stat EV trained.

They also said that my team was a bit 1-Dimensional, as you maybe able to tell my favorite types are Psychic, Ghost and Dark - if I thought I could get away with it i would just use those 3 types...

Anyway could someone either give me an example of a good team (Probably a good idea to include Alakazam as he is my fav ;)), or just give me some general advice?

I do have other 'half EV trained' pokemon:
    Flygon, Salamence, Leafeon, Lucario, Houndoom, Umbreon, Jolteon, Typhlosion, Gengar, Spiritomb, Rotom and Kingdra.

And some that I will probably EV train at some point:
    Dragonite, Heracross, Beldum, Infernape, Staraptor and Elekid.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Make your own RMT thread. This isn't the place for that (this thread is mostly for smaller things, like individual movesets and such- a full team needs its own thread). I'll give you a rate once you do.

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
    Make your own RMT thread. This isn't the place for that (this thread is mostly for smaller things, like individual movesets and such- a full team needs its own thread). I'll give you a rate once you do.

Oh right, I thought this thread was to avoid those type of threads...

EDIT: - *Waits for his thread to be approved*

Last edited:
    Years
    I got, Damage: 54.14% - 63.91% w/ Life Orb'd Flamethrower.

Thats really shaky, its more likely a 2hko than a 3hko =/, i use Fire Blast >> Flamethrower on my Elf anyways, moar power ftw !

But yeah, it looks fine, just please just dont try and wall Azelf with it, its not happening unless you run heatproof, heck theres even the possibility of Nasty Plot.

EDIT : Also no one uses Timid Specs Mence =/ Modest is standard.

EDIT 2 : 53% is the min for a 2hko btw

Yeah, I know about factoring in lefties (actually 53.25%). Also modest won't quite kill it. Gyro Ball actually does more damage than flamethrower, so...
    With stealth rock support Specsmence is going to get hurt.

Still, any suggestions on an EV spread?

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Let's just start with the whole item aspect thing. Items you give your Pokemon aren't the best. What I'm talking about is the Arceus Plates that your Pokemon are holding, they give a very small boost to only one move. Many other items prove more useful than the Arceus Plates. You lack strength defensive-wise. You only have Tyranitar for a wall. There is no Special sponge or Physical sponge on this team.

If you'd like a good example of a team, you can browse this forum. Dark_Azelf has a good team, check his thread out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back