• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani_X

Haylew! So kawaii x3
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    Empoleon @ Lefties
    252 hp / 220 sp.def / 36 sp.atk - Calm
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Grass Knot
    - Stealtk Rock / Roar

I use a NU/low-UU Rain Dance Team and I figured that Furret can be a good raindance setupper.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    For now my team consists of:

Qwilfish / Feraligatr / Toxicroak
    Vaporeon
    Magnezone
    Persian (Nasty Plot)
    Sturdy Physical Wall
    Sturdy Special Wall

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I actually use

Qwilfish@Life Orb / Leftovers
    252 ATT / 88 SPEED / 170 HP
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Swift Swim
    - Rain Dance
    - Explosion
    - Poison Jab
    - Waterfall

Needs enough speed to outspeed Scarf Chomp, which is good, objective : - Sweep with Boosted waterfalls, Poison Jab anything thats resists me and then just blow something up once ive had enough.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    I posted this in the Q&A, but it didn't really get any notice. It'd probably fit better here anyway.

My idea was of a new Blissey that could be considered. It's a more serious supporter with the potential of only one attacking move, and even then, that place has competition.

Blissey@Leftovers *Double-Status Cheesecake*
    Calm
    252def/216sp.def/40HP

Toxic
    T-Wave
    Softboiled
    Seismic Toss/Flamethrower/Aromatherapy

This set will be a major annoyance to many things. T-Wave sweepers, Toxic tanks, and the last move is personal preference. Seismic Toss for standard 100 damage, Flamethrower > Steels, or if you NEED a Cleric, then drop all power off of Blissey and do that. Two major weaks in this idea are Guts Heracross and Heatran, who absorbs Flash Fire and Toxic, but doesn't like to be T-Waved unless its name is Quiet-in-a-Trick-Room-team Heatran.

I just need some critque on whether this would be considerable or not.

Years
    I posted this in the Q&A, but it didn't really get any notice. It'd probably fit better here anyway.

My idea was of a new Blissey that could be considered. It's a more serious supporter with the potential of only one attacking move, and even then, that place has competition.

Blissey@Leftovers *Double-Status Cheesecake*
    Calm
    252def/216sp.def/40HP

Toxic
    T-Wave
    Softboiled
    Seismic Toss/Flamethrower/Aromatherapy

This set will be a major annoyance to many things. T-Wave sweepers, Toxic tanks, and the last move is personal preference. Seismic Toss for standard 100 damage, Flamethrower > Steels, or if you NEED a Cleric, then drop all power off of Blissey and do that. Two major weaks in this idea are Guts Heracross and Heatran, who absorbs Flash Fire and Toxic, but doesn't like to be T-Waved unless its name is Quiet-in-a-Trick-Room-team Heatran.

I just need some critque on whether this would be considerable or not.
    Flame Orb Guts Heracross would love to switch in to this thing's Toxic.Thunder Wave can stop it but tell me,which would you do?Paralyse a wall to make it even more ridiculously slow or Toxic the wall so it'll die in a matter of time?This set gets walled by Dusknoir and it isn't going down soon with Blissey's HP yet to Pain Split.It's nice but,the offense isn't good enough and Taunt could make you commit suicide if you chose Aromatherapy.Seismic Toss and Flamethrower are both walled by many things since you can only choose 1.I'd much rather run the standard Blissey set.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Been thinking about Restalkers in my berserker team as of late, due to something needs to absorb that annoying sleep and such. Due to it's great resistences and typing (formula for offense >8D) I'm thinking abuot heatran.

So what Restalk Heatran EV spreads would you all suggest? Opinion on item as well, Life orb or Leftovers?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Been thinking about Restalkers in my berserker team as of late, due to something needs to absorb that annoying sleep and such. Due to it's great resistences and typing (formula for offense >8D) I'm think abut heatran.

So what Restalk Heatran EV spreads would you all suggest? Opinion on item as well, Life orb or Leftovers?

I just use the standard

Heatran@leftovers / Shed Shell <Consider that, duggy is stupid =/
    Modest Nature
    244 HP / 136 Sp.A / 128 Speed
    - Lava Plume
    - Earth power / Hidden power [Ice/Electric/Grass]
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

222 Speed (128 EVs) is so you can outrun Adamant Tyranitar and all things that hang areoun the 200 speed area. Alternately you can play with the evs and put them in your defenses and make it more defensive in general Bold, Calm Nature are all options

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Water Pulse instead of Surf????

Blueberry is right, those were awfull:/ Giga impact should NEVER be used.

Water pulse has a teeny weeny chance of confusion and like 40 damage less thatn surf. Surf also hurts all pokemon in double battles.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Need a good, bulky set for Vaporeon and Forry (Rapid Spinning of course)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Need a good, bulky set for Vaporeon and Forry (Rapid Spinning of course)

Vaporeon@leftovers
    188 HP / 252 DEF / 70 SP.ATT
    Bold nature
    - ice beam
    - Wish
    - protect / Hidden power Electric
    - Surf

Wish Passer

OR

Vaporeon@leftovers
    188 HP / 252 DEF / 70 SP.Def
    Relaxed nature
    -Baton Pass
    -Substitute
    - Surf
    - Wish

Sub Pass, make this slow with relaxed nature, so you can pass subs on blissey.

Forretress@leftovers
    252 HP / 68 ATT / 196 DEF
    Relaxed Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Gyro ball / Earthquake
    - Spikes / Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock
    - Rest / Explosion

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I'll use the Wish set, but would Acid Armor/Aqua Ring work in the Protect slot?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll use the Wish set, but would Acid Armor/Aqua Ring work in the Protect slot?

Acid Armour and Aqua Ring suck tbh, they arnt good enough to warrant a slot.

Protect is to activate wish for Vappy and is for scouting and Hp Electric takes out gyarados. Which is much more useful.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Guess Fathertyme must really suck, he uses both of them :D

I'll either go with Toxic or HP Electric.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Quite honestly I think HP electric is a total waste on Vapoereon. It has better things to be doing than worrying about the easy-to-stop Gyarados (it's true - nobody knows how to use it correctly.) Tt isn't worth it at all.

In other words, go with Toxic! You can also put BP there so that what you're wishpassing to doesn't take the hit.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Quite honestly I think HP electric is a total waste on Vapoereon. It has better things to be doing than worrying about the easy-to-stop Gyarados (it's true - nobody knows how to use it correctly.) Tt isn't worth it at all.

In other words, go with Toxic! You can also put BP there so that what you're wishpassing to doesn't take the hit.

True, but Vaporeon, you have to admit, makes a great counter to Gyarados.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    True, but Vaporeon, you have to admit, makes a great counter to Gyarados.

I wouldn't say "great," but it's pretty good. Still, it basically has 3 moveslots if Gyarados isn't on the opponent's team. To use your term, HP Electric "does ass" to other waters and flyers. It's just useless.

At least stuff like Suicune and Slowbro can CM to make it not useless...stuff like Milotic and Vappy shouldn't be running around with HP Electric.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    Wow...there are a BUNCH of terrible movesets here. The original one is th ebest I've seen so far. Water Pulse? Giga Impact? Safeguard? wtf are you guys smoking?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Really about to place Toxic, but what about Roar? I have nothing that sends opponents out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back