• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I have a pretty lofty request for you...I need a set for ANY pokemon that can counter MixMence. I don't want to hear about worthless Tentacruel and I know about Cresselia, but it's looking like that isn't an option.

So with that, I need not just pokemon that counter MixMence, but their EV spreads, movesets, etc. Also, I'd prefer it to not by SR weak because I doubt I'll be able to fit a spinner into my team.

Also, please only post if you are sure of what you're saying and you know what you're talking about. If not, I must give you a fair warning that I won't be happy.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Aha, then I've made a fool of myself already :P

I cant say I've ever encountered one, but Specsmence seems to be dropping in popularity so im sure they'll show up more.

Dani_X

Haylew! So kawaii x3
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    Anti-Pop, you don't have so much options, because Fight + Dragon covers anything neutral. Your best bet would be Ice-Fanging Gliscor, laughing at BB, taking not-very-effective from Fire Blast and trying to physical-wall Dragon Claw. But he will fall soon to Claw. Another good option is Hippowdon, that doesn't take that much from Dragon Claw.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well MixMence always carries Draco Meteor...otherwise it wouldn't be a threat. Go to Smogon and look at the set if ya must.

While it can hit everything neutral with Draco/BB/Flamethrower and destroy stallers by alternating between roost and an attack move, that doesn't mean it can't be stopped. Neutral hits against pokemon beefy enough to take Draco Meteor and don't fold to BB and a fire move work...problem is I can't think of any that would not just counter MixMence, but be a productive member of a team.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Thinking of Raticate. Not that I like it, it creeps me the hell out, but it still has potential.

Raticate@Flame Orb
    Nature:Adamant/Jolly
    Super Fang
    Facade
    Sucka Punch/Me First
    Swords Dance/Pursuit
    EV:Max SPD & ATK

Well, Hyper Fang instantly removes half their HP. Painful. And, he has a bit of potential to use it. If I can get it on a switch, say on Blissey, I can use SD. From there, I can proceed to cause pain with either Sucka Punch, to make up for it's speed, or Me First, which hits with enchanced power. Unfortunatly, Me First is too situational. I will not use F.E.A.R. tactics.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    serebii's crrashed on me for some reason, so im guessing guts abuse?
    And doyou mean super fang halves hp?
    You're gonna want a fighting attack, should he learn one, so steel types dont wall you.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    K. How about a special set then?

Heres a funky set i found on a Smogon thread, its called "Torrent Sweeper.", the idea is to Agility, sub up activate Petaya berry and Torrent.

Empoleon@Petaya Berry
    Modest Nature
    44 HP / 216 Spe / 248 SpA
    - Substitute
    - Agility
    - Hydro pump
    - Ice Beam

If you can get Petaya and Torrent activated, this is quite the beast, a possible 2hko on 40 HP / 216 SP.DEF Calm Blissey with Hydro pump =). And a definite OHKO on Magnezone, Garchomp etc and it owns Cresselia (a 2hko i believe, cress cant do ass to you anyways lol)

Thinking of Raticate. Not that I like it, it creeps me the hell out, but it still has potential.

Raticate@Flame Orb
    Nature:Adamant/Jolly
    Super Fang
    Facade
    Sucka Punch/Me First
    Swords Dance/Pursuit
    EV:Max SPD & ATK

Well, Hyper Fang instantly removes half their HP. Painful. And, he has a bit of potential to use it. If I can get it on a switch, say on Blissey, I can use SD. From there, I can proceed to cause pain with either Sucka Punch, to make up for it's speed, or Me First, which hits with enchanced power. Unfortunatly, Me First is too situational. I will not use F.E.A.R. tactics.

Try T-Wave/Super Fang/Hyper Fang or Return/Crunch or Bite@Jolly

T-Wave can paralyze crap that wants to come in, remove half their hp with SF, Bite flinches and can perform a mini Flinch hax, same with hyper fang. I think would be your best bet.

Shame your walled by steels, Reversal COULD go on your set, but in OU it doesnt have a place SS, Hail etc, the ONLY reversaler i would ever use is Lucario, at least he is immune to SS.

Crunch >>Me first, Sucker Punch is fine.

U-Turn could be considered aswell.

Jolly Nature though.

I have a pretty lofty request for you...I need a set for ANY pokemon that can counter MixMence. I don't want to hear about worthless Tentacruel and I know about Cresselia, but it's looking like that isn't an option.

So with that, I need not just pokemon that counter MixMence, but their EV spreads, movesets, etc. Also, I'd prefer it to not by SR weak because I doubt I'll be able to fit a spinner into my team.

Also, please only post if you are sure of what you're saying and you know what you're talking about. If not, I must give you a fair warning that I won't be happy.

I r nt kn0wing wh7 ir tlkin6 b0ut !!111

Milotic, Cresselia, Mantine,Togekiss, Slowking (All must be Ev'd Correctly of course, as in A LOT of sp.def evs )? Really not much counters that thing.

Last edited:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Raticate gets Flame Wheel by Egg move does it not? That would solve your Steels problem.

Raticate @ Flame Orb
    Jolly nature w/Guts
    EVs: 252 Speed/252 Attack/6 HP

- Crunch
    - Flame Wheel
    - Facade/Super Fang
    - Sucker Punch/Swords Dance

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Raticate gets Flame Wheel by Egg move does it not? That would solve your Steels problem.

Raticate @ Flame Orb
    Jolly nature w/Guts
    EVs: 252 Speed/252 Attack/6 HP

- Crunch
    - Flame Wheel
    - Facade/Super Fang
    - Sucker Punch/Swords Dance

Flaming Rat !!!!

Yeah, Flame wheel will cover steels, wow, ive never checked that things movepool, its actually quite big. There is one steel who walls you though......heatran =[

Anyways, ive sorted out my spiker/Support deoxys set.

Deoxys@leftovers (SPEED FORM)
    220 HP / 252 SP.ATT / 36 Speed
    Modest Nature
    - Knock off
    - Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Psychic
    - Spikes / Stealth Rock
    - Recover

Second slot i need help with.

Anything else to make it better ?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    YOUR set? :( I ran that like a month ago :P Of course the EVs were horrific but yeah...

IMO needs more defensive EVing. Doubt it needs all that SAtk. I'd go for a OHKO on BulkyDos and leave it at that.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    YOUR set? :( I ran that like a month ago :P Of course the EVs were horrific but yeah...

IMO needs more defensive EVing. Doubt it needs all that SAtk. I'd go for a OHKO on BulkyDos and leave it at that.

That does ohko Bulkydos, any less and it doesnt.

Uber, my ass >={ lol

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hi all, I need comments of this:
    Magmortar@ChoiceBand
    Jolly
    252Att/252Spd/6HP
    Flare Blitz
    Earthquake
    Thunder Punch
    Mach Punch/Brick Break

So yeah, physical magmortar. He's not too shabby, yet he's under-represented at the best of times. I dont know if CB set's have been done, but he looks like he could do quite well with it. Thoughts?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Ok, I came up with a really odd Sunflora set a few months ago that was involved with an UU team that I never got round to putting together. It's highly original, yes, but I think it MIGHT work. Or it could be epic fail. But here goes:

Sunflora @ Light Clay
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 HP/224 Def/34 SDef
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Curse
    - Seed Bomb
    - Return
    - Light Screen

A tanky plant. Sure, the nature won't be doing much for it, but this one is the most beneficial. The idea is to either set up a Light Screen if special threats are in, or curse up on Physical ones. The EVs given allow it to reach I believe 400+ in both defences after two Curses and LS, not to mention a 300+ Attack stat. I was thinking about adding Ingrain over Return, to prevent Phazing, but the Sunkern is already bred so I'm not too keen on that idea. Seed Bomb obviously for a powerful STAB and Return for a secondary attack. LS also provides team support. This flower could do well in a Sunny Day team. If only it had access to a more beneficial nature, for example Leaf Guard.
    ---

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Hi all, I need comments of this:
    Magmortar@ChoiceBand
    Jolly
    252Att/252Spd/6HP
    Flare Blitz
    Earthquake
    Thunder Punch
    Mach Punch/Brick Break

So yeah, physical magmortar. He's not too shabby, yet he's under-represented at the best of times. I dont know if CB set's have been done, but he looks like he could do quite well with it. Thoughts?

Not a bad idea. Mach Punch revenge kills like mad *coughWeavileOHKO'd*, and Tyraniboah is commonly 2hko'd (49-58%). It's worth a consideration of being made. Skarmory can be OHKO'd as well if it's somehow trapped. (89-106%)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back