• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    I was just recommending my opinion on what a viable Luvdisc moveset is, Smogon's analysis is not really serious considering they actually put attacks on luvdisc =O

Anyways as I said the most Luvdisc can do to get by is annoy and setup Rain Dance and Safeguard, abusing Swift Swim and confusion. Focus Sash was there because Luvdisc did not have the defenses to take a hit and would allow an almost guaranteed Rain Dance.

I strongly believe Luvdisc has the movepool to annoy if the said player is lucky. In that case Attract + Confusion is only a 25% chance of the pokemon moving, 50% chance that the Confusion will work first turn.

In any case I outlined the superiority of Qwilfish to Luvdisc as it gets Twave when Attract and sweet kiss can be automatically nulled by switching out. Taunt stops a lot of setuppers and statusers.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I was just recommending my opinion on what a viable Luvdisc moveset is, Smogon's analysis is not really serious considering they actually put attacks on luvdisc =O

Anyways as I said the most Luvdisc can do to get by is annoy and setup Rain Dance and Safeguard, abusing Swift Swim and confusion. Focus Sash was there because Luvdisc did not have the defenses to take a hit and would allow an almost guaranteed Rain Dance.

I strongly believe Luvdisc has the movepool to annoy if the said player is lucky. In that case Attract + Confusion is only a 25% chance of the pokemon moving, 50% chance that the Confusion will work first turn.
    & 50% chance the gender is the same :P Does Attract work against Genderless? I never tried it.

In any case I outlined the superiority of Qwilfish to Luvdisc as it gets Twave when Attract and sweet kiss can be automatically nulled by switching out. Taunt stops a lot of setuppers and statusers.

Oh, I know. I was really critisizing the fact that it is Luvdics ONLY options. Seeing that it only works against pokes of the different gender, and it get's taken out by a Quick Attack. Don't worry, I'm not really getting on you, but on Luvdisc, for her poor options.

I mean, it might work against me, I get haxed in standard battles (wifi or not) far too many times. Ask DA. However, that being her only options? I always say annoyers suck, but Luvdisc takes it to a new low. Of course, tha's even hoping that Sweet Kiss, with 75% accuraccy, hits in the first place.

I don't know what Luvdisc did to Game Freak, but she deserves better than that. Same with Farfeche'd. Oh, & Flareon. He needs it most.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Oh, I know. I was really critisizing the fact that it is Luvdics ONLY options. Seeing that it only works against pokes of the different gender, and it get's taken out by a Quick Attack. Don't worry, I'm not really getting on you, but on Luvdisc, for her poor options.

I mean, it might work against me, I get haxed in standard battles (wifi or not) far too many times. Ask DA. However, that being her only options? I always say annoyers suck, but Luvdisc takes it to a new low. Of course, tha's even hoping that Sweet Kiss, with 75% accuraccy, hits in the first place.

I don't know what Luvdisc did to Game Freak, but she deserves better than that. Same with Farfeche'd. Oh, & Flareon. He needs it most.

yeah farfeched is rubbish but is an uber compared to luvdisk!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Alright, that was fun, but I have a serious question. What's the standard set for Espeon? Leafeon?

I can't find the thread.

EDIT: I MEANT ESPEON! Sorry.

You mean Espyjump ?

Espeon@Leftovers / Salac Berry
    Timid Nature
    132 HP / 122 SP.DEF / 252 SPEED
    - Psychic
    - Calm mind
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute

132 hp for 304 hp, which = max leftovers recovery.

EDIT:

Spammy previous page is spammy >=[

Konvict

Embrace The End
    Years
    Here goes...

Infernape @ Charcoal
    Careful
    Blaze
    -Flare Blitz
    -Flamethrower
    -Close Combat
    -Grass Knot

Dragonite @ Persim Berry
    Naughty
    Inner Focus
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Fire Punch
    -??? (considering Waterfall or Earthquake)

Garchomp @ Life Orb/Shell Bell
    Gentle
    Sand Veil
    -Dragon Claw
    -Dragon Rush (replace w/ Fire Fang?)
    -Earthquake
    -Swords Dance

Raichu @ Magnet
    Naive
    Static
    -Thunderbolt
    -Nasty Plot
    -Volt Tackle
    -Brick Break

Note: I have reservations about going pure-physical for my Raichu since he can't learn Swords Dance/Bulk Up. ><

Lucario @ Wide Lens
    Quiet
    Steadfast
    -Aura Sphere
    -Psychic
    -Flash Cannon
    -Foresight (anti-Wondertomb)

Weavile @ Scope Lens
    Modest
    Pressure
    -Dig/Aerial Ace
    -Avalanche
    -Night Slash
    -Swords Dance

6th slot will be either Azumarill or Empoleon... Weavile's just a placeholder...

Last edited:

sims796

Years
    Here goes...

Infernape @ Charcoal
    Careful
    Blaze
    -Flare Blitz
    -Flamethrower
    -Close Combat
    -Grass Knot

Dragonite @ Persim Berry
    Naughty
    Inner Focus
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Fire Punch
    -??? (considering Waterfall or Earthquake)

Garchomp @ Life Orb/Shell Bell
    Gentle
    Sand Veil
    -Dragon Claw
    -Dragon Rush (replace w/ Fire Fang?)
    -Earthquake
    -Swords Dance

Raichu @ Magnet
    Naive
    Static
    -Thunderbolt
    -Nasty Plot
    -Volt Tackle
    -Brick Break

Note: I have reservations about going pure-physical for my Raichu since he can't learn Swords Dance/Bulk Up. ><

Lucario @ Wide Lens
    Quiet
    Steadfast
    -Aura Sphere
    -Psychic
    -Flash Cannon
    -Foresight (anti-Wondertomb)

Weavile @ Scope Lens
    Modest
    Pressure
    -Dig/Aerial Ace
    -Avalanche
    -Night Slash
    -Swords Dance

6th slot will be either Azumarill or Empoleon... Weavile's just a placeholder...

This entire team needs work, so I cannot suggest either. If you want the best help, I suggest you make a new thread, and you will get a better answer. But until then, all the moveselts are effed up, and adding one of those two now will only make it worse.

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    Well, now, not ALL the movesets are messed up. All the NATURES are fubar, but the movesets on Dragonite and Garchomp look about right (with Earthquake and Fire Fang, respectively).

By the way, wide lense increases your accuracy. So why have it on something with 100% accurate moves?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Err, I was thinking of that thing that ups Sp. Atk...

Well, you've got Choice Specs, which ups your Sp. Atk by x1.5, however you can only use one attacking move until you switch out. Then there is Life Orb which ups both attack stats by x1.2, however it comes at a cost of 10% HP every time you use an attacking move. And you won't need foresight anyway; if you come up against somebody who uses Wondertomb, then they're a hacker and, in my eyes, you automatically win the battle. Simple as that.

sims796

Years
    Well, now, not ALL the movesets are messed up. All the NATURES are fubar, but the movesets on Dragonite and Garchomp look about right (with Earthquake and Fire Fang, respectively).

By the way, wide lense increases your accuracy. So why have it on something with 100% accurate moves?

Yes, they are. Having half the moves right doesn't mean anything. He has two type attacks on almost every poke, I don't see any EVs, the items are terrible, the team settup is bad (especially since he has no walls), etc. Having Wide Lens is the least of his worries.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, Konvict, nor am I trying to sound like a jerk, but I won't sugarcoat it, this team needs major work. I can't work in Azumarill or Empoleon until the problems in this team is fixed. I STRONGLY advise you to create your own thread, and you'll get much more help.

EDIT: Well, I was hoping for a Magnezone set, please. I was planning on using it as my main sweeper, but Smogon sucks all sorts of arse.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    EDIT: Well, I was hoping for a Magnezone set, please. I was planning on using it as my main sweeper, but Smogon sucks all sorts of arse.

Magnezone@leftovers
    172 HP / 252 Sp.A / 84 Speed
    Modest Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden power {Ice]
    - Substitute
    - magnet Rise

Screws up steels good and proper >=]. 84 speed evs puts you above min speed Skarmory.

Magnezone@Life Orb
    88 HP / 88 Atk / 248 SpA / 84 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden power {Ice]
    - Explosion / Metal Sound
    - magnet Rise / Flash Cannon

Yeah....

Or you can use Scarf if you want to be more "sweepy"

Magnezone@Choice Scarf
    Timid/Hasty Nature
    6 HP / 252 SP.ATT / 252 SPEED
    - Hidden power Ice
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flash Cannon
    - Explosion / Tri Attack

Since its slow, 240 Speed which Timid grants@Scarf, would put you above max sped Azelf, Raikou and Starmie IIRC.

Mouse The Great

You remember, that one time?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Ok, so I've decided to start coppletely over. This is gonna be my first ev-trained team so I want it to be really good so I want to make sure I have the right pokemon first. Tis is the team I was thinking of -

Empoleon
    Infernape/Lucario
    Snorlax/Blissey
    Dusknoir
    Garchomp
    Roserade

Is this ok so far?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Not that bad for a first attempt, I suppose. Of course, we can't give a proper rate without movesets and EVs, so make a new thread with your team.

Mouse The Great

You remember, that one time?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2008
    Ok. Will do, but first i should go with Lucario over Infernape and Snorlax over Blissey right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back