• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
    Could someone give me the standard Deoxys E lead set please?

Or you could go with:

Deoxys-E @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 162 Atk/96 Spd/252 SAtk
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Superpower
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot
    - Psychic/Thunderbolt

Hits many leads for Super Effective damage and is deadly if you aren't prepared for it.

Years
    RegiRock

Hi well i wanted to have a regirock in my team simply out of interest to see how well it works

and i was wondering if someone could say a really good move set for my regirock

thank you

timtom

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Standard ADV gen regirock:

Regirock@Leftovers
    Adamant
    252HP/252Att/6SpDef
    Rock Slide
    Focus Punch
    Thunderwave/Counter
    Explosion

Im guessing this is in-game, so walling strategies are not needed.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Yesterday I got a hasty Jirachi in a trade and I want to use it. What would be a good set for it? I was thinking of a Calm Mind Sweeper set if that's possible.

Years
    Yesterday I got a hasty Jirachi in a trade and I want to use it. What would be a good set for it? I was thinking of a Calm Mind Sweeper set if that's possible.
    Never use a Calm Mind Jirachi with that. It wants Bold or things with Physical moves will laugh at its easily breakable Substitute. Calm Mind Jirachi also wants Max HP if you plan on using Substitute, to beat Blissey.

Pookachu

Chuck Norris
    Years
    Either that, or the Curse set:

Regirock @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk) <----- It would be cool if yours was Adamant.
    - Curse
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Rest / Explosion / Thunder Wave / Filler Move

Dani_X

Haylew! So kawaii x3
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    Hasty Jirachi ? Scrap and try again .

I have some Jirachi sets if you wish.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    252 hp / 220 def / 36 spd , Impish
    - UTurn
    - Wish
    - Body Slam
    - Zen Headbutt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    252 hp / 140 spd / 116 def , Bold
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt

Jirachi @ Choice Band
    252 atk / 252 spd / 4 hp , Adamant
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Thunder Punch
    - UTurn
    - *filler*

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Or you could go with:

Deoxys-E @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 162 Atk/96 Spd/252 SAtk
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Superpower
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot
    - Psychic/Thunderbolt

Hits many leads for Super Effective damage and is deadly if you aren't prepared for it.

Is Swampert really so common that it warrants an entire slot for Grass Knot? I'd imagine Thunderbolt more important for Gyara leads, and other Bulky Waters. Oh, and Shadow Ball is always worth consideration for Azelf and other Psychics, who completely wall this set. Psycho Boost is also a neat option, since D-E really needs all the power he can get. Plus, he can still Superpower afterwards.

Also, is Ice Shard still good on Weavile? I need him to cover my Garchomp weak, but if Scarfchomp isn't used anymore, I see no reason to use it over Ice Punch. It's just that rebreeding is a pain...

Last edited:

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    Shadow Ball is not worth considering due to its low power (80 BP), adding to the fact that DeoxysE has low SpA, which means it can't OHKO a Gengar among other things. I find Psychic better for the increased power with STAB.

On another note, I ran TB/IB/GK/HP Fire against ABYAY, and it could OHKO 5/6ths of his team. Well, excluding Blissey =(

Ice Shard is for other things besides Garchomp, namely DDMence/DDNite, and for general priority purposes. You should keep Ice Shard. May I ask what variant of Weavile are you planning to use? You could fit in Focus Punch =D

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    CB Weavile, mainly for revenge killing. I mainly put him in when I noticed that Garchomp brutalized my entire team.

Weavile @ Choice Band
    Jolly
    40 HP/ 252 Atk/ 216 Spe
    - Night Slash
    - Pursuit
    - Brick Break
    - Ice Shard

Speaking of which, I don't like Azelf. Does Pursuit OHKO it even if it stays in? Keep in mind that this is for WiFi play, where Azzie won't have flawless Def and HP.

Also, I see your point about Shadow Ball. Huh, it doesn't even OHKO Azelf... forget I mentioned it. =P

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Speaking of which, I don't like Azelf. Does Pursuit OHKO it even if it stays in? Keep in mind that this is for WiFi play, where Azzie won't have flawless Def and HP.

I think that packing 36 HP EVs lets you survive Pursuit with no prior damage and staying in. If memory serves, anyhow. I guess the ones packing 36 Attack for U-Turn reasons and stuffs won't give you trouble, but you may wanna keep it in mind.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Good to know. I never seem to get rocks out early enough, though, so that may be trouble.

EDIT: I've started soft-resetting for Latias. What's a good defensive set for her?

Oh, and can I get a good Azelf set, too? I wanna SR for that later.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    I need competitive movesets to go up against friends in Pokemon Gold. I need movesets for Noctowl, Ampharos, and Alakazam please, would this be ok for Alakazam:

Alakazam @Leftovers
    ~Recover
    ~Psychic
    ~Fire Punch
    ~Ice Punch

Fire punch to hit steel and grass types. Ice punch is perfect because the pokemon weak against it would do hefty damage to Alakazam since his defense stat is too low so I could sweep up against flying, ground, rock, and grass. So I think this moveset is about perfect. Help with Noctowl and Ampharos?

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Thanks for the aself movesets!
    Does anyone know a moveset for mesprit cause I am not sure of this one....

Leftovers
    68 HP / 252 SAtk / 190 Spd
    Modest Nature
    -Psychic
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Calm Mind

Thanks in advance :)

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Modest 190 Spd gets Azelf to 313, which is not a good number. Go with a pure 252/252 set so at least you're faster then Zapdos, Celebi, Salamence, Gengar, etc. A +Spd Nature with 220 Spd would still be best, however.

And Azelf is too fragile to use Calm Mind. Use Nasty Plot.

About the hold item, Leftovers might not be a good idea. Life Orb and Expert Belt are better choices for this set.

I would recommend Flamethrower and/or Grass Knot for better coverage, but Boltbeaming is not all that bad. Just a matter of personal preference.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Modest 190 Spd gets Azelf to 313, which is not a good number. Go with a pure 252/252 set so at least you're faster then Zapdos, Celebi, Salamence, Gengar, etc. A +Spd Nature with 220 Spd would still be best, however.

And Azelf is too fragile to use Calm Mind. Use Nasty Plot.

About the hold item, Leftovers might not be a good idea. Life Orb and Expert Belt are better choices for this set.

I would recommend Flamethrower and/or Grass Knot for better coverage, but Boltbeaming is not all that bad. Just a matter of personal preference.

Err... sorry I wanted a move set for mesprit, I already got one for aslef thanks anyway though

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Oh. Your post had the name "Azelf" in there and it confused me. :B

Then, go with either 180 or 194 Speed.
    194 Speed lets you outspeed every Tyranitar, while 180 puts you just above Breloom and friends. I recommend 180.

Otherwise, that's fine.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I'd like the best 6 combimation of these pokemon:
    Blissey
    Metagross
    Heatran
    Tyranitar
    Heracross
    Ninjask
    Skarmory
    Forretress
    Magnezone
    Dugtrio
    Weavile
    Shedinja
    Garchomp
    Scizor
    Jirachi
    Bronzong
    I was hoping for a team that's good in both the standrad & uber battles...this is a list of the pokemon that's allowed in the standrad that's also used in the ubers...
    My team is probaly better off without the ones that needs weather support, so I have shorten down the list a little bit...I may have dropped a few pokemon...I think salamence may be also a standrad used in the ubers, for example...I figured a well-balanced team would look like this:
    Psyically defensive
    Psyical sweeper (here, I'm thinking bout Garchomp)
    Specially defensive (here, I'm gonna use Blissey)
    Special sweeper
    I don't know what the last 2 would be...I'd like to know...I'll help along if I can...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back