• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
  • Can I have a competetive battling movesets for this team;
    Delcatty
    Infernape
    Flygon
    Scizor
    Kingdra
    Umbreon

Thanks. =]
    Also, Im really new to this, so Im not sure what kind of strategy would be best for this team.
    If you want to suggest a diff pokemon, Im fine with that. (dont move scizor. scizor is ownage :3)
    I think I need to have a type of normal type to cpver the types I missed/don't have. (ex. grass, I have no grass...)

Last edited:

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
  • Looking for a physical Flareon set. Would Natural Gift work for him?

Gyarados does the Dragon Dancing thing a lot better than Feraligatr. If you're going to use it, go with Swords Dance.

Actually, my DD Feraligatr has grabbed me a lot of wins on Wi-Fi.
    Gyarados has the x4 Electric weakness and Rock weakness which makes it harder to dance-up.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Actually, my DD Feraligatr has grabbed me a lot of wins on Wi-Fi.
    Gyarados has the x4 Electric weakness and Rock weakness which makes it harder to dance-up.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa cowboy...I hope you aren't implying that DD Feraligatr isn't a better Dragon Dancer than Gyarados or on par with it...

For one thing, Gyarados has more attack (hugely important), so Feraligatr is a million times easier to wall. Gyarados also can survive a lot of electric attacks like HP Electric from Vaporeon, who has 110 base SAtk (same as Lucario's base attack).

It's great that Feraligatr got you some wins on WiFi, but you're lying to yourself saying that Feraligatr is better. It just isn't. The usage patterns kind of agree with me there =p I actually think Gyarados is overrated but that's a whole different issue lol.

Brit Spears is right though. If you use Feraligatr, SD is what you should use. Otherwise, you would be better off using Gyarados (unless your team is insanely SR weak with no wish support or spinner or something, and even then, DDgatr probably isn't the best choice).

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Honestly, DD Feraligatr is vastly inferior to DD Gyarados. While it has more bulk, Intimidate basically negates that. If use a SubSD Set, which has been very sucessful for me:

Feraligatr @ Salac Berry
    Jolly
    252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP (30 HP IV)
    Swords Dance
    Substitute
    Waterfall
    Return/Crunch

This has a lot more attack than Gyarados pound for pound, and has Torrent to make its Waterfall incredibly beastly.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
  • Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa cowboy...I hope you aren't implying that DD Feraligatr isn't a better Dragon Dancer than Gyarados or on par with it...

For one thing, Gyarados has more attack (hugely important), so Feraligatr is a million times easier to wall. Gyarados also can survive a lot of electric attacks like HP Electric from Vaporeon, who has 110 base SAtk (same as Lucario's base attack).

It's great that Feraligatr got you some wins on WiFi, but you're lying to yourself saying that Feraligatr is better. It just isn't. The usage patterns kind of agree with me there =p I actually think Gyarados is overrated but that's a whole different issue lol.

Brit Spears is right though. If you use Feraligatr, SD is what you should use. Otherwise, you would be better off using Gyarados (unless your team is insanely SR weak with no wish support or spinner or something, and even then, DDgatr probably isn't the best choice).

Heh.. I don't think I ever said Feraligatr was a better Dragon Dancer than Gyarados. =P
    He still makes a bloody decent one though, believe me.

..a Flareon set would be nice. =D

Years
  • hey thanx Archer.i made this plan,it works best when i fight sceptile,it goes like
    i send out donphan
    foe sends out sceptile
    donphan used endure
    sceptile used energy ball
    donphan endured the hit
    dophans leichi berry raised its attack
    donphan used iceshard(it should do quiet alot after leichi boost and phans base 120 atk)
    sceptile used energyball
    donphan faints.

good init

oh and finally may i ask,where do you guys train up your pokes

Hmmm... Try this for CBPhan:

Donphan uses Ice Shard
    Sceptile faints.

Better?

EDIT:
    Vance and those concerned, Quick Feet is a 1.5x boost to Spd. Agility is 2x. Also, considering Quick Feet does not remove the 25% full paralysis chance, the +2/Guts variant would both outspeed it and have no chance of locking up.

CM Alakazam can work well. It CMs on a switch, having an effective Specs Boost, with no move-lock and some Special Bulk. One huge problem with the Specs set is that most of it's movepool has several types that can switch in, forcing it out. (Psychic, Ghost and Fighting all have types that are immune to them) Without Specs, it avoids this.

Oh and ScarfChomp, Attacks that lower accuracy are permitted, although moves that increase evasion aren't. This is because the effects can be removed if the pokemon with lowered acc. switches or faints. Therefore, Sand Attack is not banned.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal

Spore
    Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Focus Punch

Well, I need a bit of help with the EV spread. I also get screwed over by ghost types, so I can opt out either Focus Punch or Subs for a Grass move, I guess.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal
    44HP/252Att/212Spd
    Spore/Seed Bomb
    Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Focus Punch

Well, I need a bit of help with the EV spread. I also get screwed over by ghost types, so I can opt out either Focus Punch or Subs for a Grass move, I guess.

That's the standard sub-seeder for you.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Hmmm... Try this for CBPhan:

Donphan uses Ice Shard
    Sceptile faints.

Better?

Doesn't OHKO =-/

EDIT:
    Vance and those concerned, Quick Feet is a 1.5x boost to Spd. Agility is 2x. Also, considering Quick Feet does not remove the 25% full paralysis chance, the +2/Guts variant would both outspeed it and have no chance of locking up.

Oh, I thought it doubled speed. Also, people definately switch QF Ursaring into Thunder Wave. Guts is slow as hell, and even with Max Speed @ Jolly, it only reaches 229 Speed (laughable)

CM Alakazam can work well. It CMs on a switch, having an effective Specs Boost, with no move-lock and some Special Bulk. One huge problem with the Specs set is that most of it's movepool has several types that can switch in, forcing it out. (Psychic, Ghost and Fighting all have types that are immune to them) Without Specs, it avoids this.

It needs Sub imo or else it's revenge killed by too many things (although it CAN live a Gengar's Shadow Ball...with a hell of a lot SpD investment.

Oh and ScarfChomp, Attacks that lower accuracy are permitted, although moves that increase evasion aren't. This is because the effects can be removed if the pokemon with lowered acc. switches or faints. Therefore, Sand Attack is not banned.

Yes ,

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Can I??

I want to bulid a team based around Umbreon, because he's my favorite. Now all I need is everything, like moveset for said Umbreon, other party members, with moveset and recommended Natures, this is all for my challange of the Battle Frontier. Thanks in advance.

bav123

Do a Barrel Roll
    Years
  • I suppose you could, but you need a way to cover your obvious massive weakness to fighting :P

I'm not sure of exact movesets, but Crunch and Shadow Ball should definitely be in them, but apart from that I'm not too sure.

Detox

Cresselia @ leftovers
    Sassy
    252 def, 52 sp. def, 150 hp,50 sp. atk

Calm mind
    Psychic
    Energy ball
    Shadow ball

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    I want to bulid a team based around Umbreon, because he's my favorite. Now all I need is everything, like moveset for said Umbreon, other party members, with moveset and recommended Natures, this is all for my challange of the Battle Frontier. Thanks in advance.

I guess you could, and I may be giving you false information here, but I can try.

Okay, moveset for Umbreon:
    Umbreon @ Leftovers / Bold Nature
    Synchronize
    EVs 252 HP 252 Defense 4 SDef
    Mean Look
    Baton Pass
    Curse
    Rest

This moveset is to pass on to a different Pokemon, such as Snorlax. Curse until you're happy, Rest when needed, then pass away. Careful of Haze, though, although there isn't too much of that in the Battle Frontier, iirc.

Snorlax @ Choice Band / Adamant Nature
    Immunity
    EVs 252 Atk 252 Defense 4 SDef
    Return
    Shadow Ball
    Earthquake
    Brick Break / Rest

Okay, a lot of people probably want to shoot me for proposing that move set, but hear me out. After Curse has been passed, this thing will have a monstrous amount of attack. This is to be used AFTER Curse has been passed. You can choose Brick Break or Rest. The problem with using Rest is that it would be locked into using it, so Brick Break would probably be best.

Now, since you have a double weakness to fighting:

Alakazam @ Petaya / Lum Berry / Timid Nature
    Synchronize
    EVs No idea for this guy. >.>
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Thunder Punch
    Ice Punch

A very strong sweeper, Psychic kills the fighting threat.

I'm a noob when it comes to EVs, having never trainer a Pokemon in EVs. These are just suggestions, and the team doesn't really focus around Umbreon. The thing is, Umbreon is a tank / BPasser. Hope I helped.

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Feraligatr @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Salac Berry
    Adamant
    EV's: 28 HP, 252 Attack, 228 Speed
    -Dragon Dance / Swords Dance
    -Ice Punch
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake

DDGatr is probably its best bet. If you can't breed Horsea to get Gatr Dragon Dance, then you can opt for Swords Dance instead, but make sure to max out Speed at 252 EV's, taking out the spare HP EV's. The EV spread is so that you outrun what you're able to outrun and putting the rest in HP. (229+ Speed gets you nowhere, as it doesn't let you outspeed anything 228 can't)

Also, if you're using Swords Dance, go for Salac Berry.

Keckleon @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    EV's: 220 HP, 252 Attack, 36 Defense
    -Trick
    -Return / Body Slam
    -Sucker Punch
    -Focus Punch

Keckleon's got a great move in Trick, and functions well as a lead. Trick an SR user and Focus Punch on the switch, because Steels and Rocks wall Keckleon with their "Let's just STAB then Earthquake him" mentality. Return vs. Body Slam is power vs. paralysis. Sucker Punch is for priority, but don't fling this around as you become setup fodder doing so.

Houndoom @ Life Orb
    Flash Fire
    Timid
    EV's: 40 HP, 252 Special Attack, 216 Speed
    -Nasty Plot
    -Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    -Dark Pulse
    -Hidden Power Fighting / Will-O-Wisp

Houndoom is a personal favorite of mine, because it's so fun :p Anyway, it's no Infernape, but it's definitely better than Ninetales. Two useful immunities help it switch in easily and scare out a lot of things. You then NP on the switch and proceed to rock & roll. HP Fighting better be the Hidden Power your Houndoom has, just saying. If you don't posess HP Fighting, then switch to Will-O-Wisp.

Hope I helped. :)

WOW! thanks alot! that really helped im winning a little more now. I actually changed my party to another 3 :P but i havent lost at all yet so im waiting for that to happen to ask for more help.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    are you just having fun with umbreon and trying to make it a competitor and such or wat its crucial that we get this info build around umbreon or build off him?

Umbreon Leftovers (for health regeneration)
    Modest nature
    124 spatk ev's/132 defense ev's/124 spdef ev's/128 spd ev's

Faint Attack
    Confuse Ray
    Toxic
    Psychic
    (Role: Nasty Tank) It can defend for itself and can cause some nasty damage as well confuse then poison. I know nobody would use an umbreon this way but sometimes its fun to use it this way mainly b/c everyone's choice is to use as a sub/toss and no attack moves what happens when your so called sweepers die maybe just maybe you need to rely on umbreon for a close finishing blow and with no attack for itself it's virtually useless.

Alakazam Shell Bell (damage done can be rewarded)
    Modest Nature
    252 spatk ev's/252 spd ev's/4 def ev's

Psychic
    Thunderpunch
    Calm Mind
    Fire Punch
    (Role: Special Sweeper) Alakazam is one of my favorites b/c of the amazing speed and special attack. He is fast enough for the first strike and can finish them in one shot. He is not only my personal opinion but a recommendation and must have as a special sweeper in my mind. Use him for those pokemon that occasionally are known for low special defense like Rhydon for example and any fighting types. One flaw though he is subject to physical attacks but no worries he is fast enough to deal the damage needed.

Primeape Shell Bell (same as Alakazam
    Adamant
    252 atk ev's/252 spd ev's/4 def ev's

Cross Chop
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Bulk Up
    (Role: Physical Sweeper) Primape is the Physical Alakazam. He has amazing speed for a fighting type and can learn a wide range of physical attacks that can be very lethal. One major flaw to Primeape is his Defense all around very bad defense makes him a very easy target and can be eliminated quick if not careful but shouldn't have any worries.

EV's may be a little mixed for umbreon but spd and special attack is needed for this team as well as defense. So anybody that doesnt like how umbreon is deal with it i just cant stand it when you teach a pokemon NO attack moves. Everyone is saying it's strategy but it only works if they're baton passed sweepers are faster and hopefully the sub stays up.(VERY RISKY)

Last edited:

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • I would suggest first deciding which other Pokemon you would want to use before asking for advice. There are hundreds we could help you choose, and any we suggest might not be the one you are after. Plus, the remaining party members would depend on what role you want Umbreon to play. Each role has a different team that would affect its effectiveness.

Ayouki Emerald

Leavin'
    Years
  • Umbreon@Leftovers
    Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Bold
    252 Hp, 128 Defence, 128 Sp.Defence

Wish
    Curse
    Baton Pass
    Taunt/Payback

Taunt will stop people from stat upping while you use curse, payback will give you an attack to use if someone taunts you, up to you. Always use wish first, curse till wish activates, then repeat, in no time at all, you'll have +6 attack+Defense to pass onto a sweeper or tank or wtv you want.

(NOTE:supporter moveset...)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back