• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Thanks for your help, Ambient, Gofre, Pysncrono and Fabian. The NP Sweeper looks good:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=71278Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Serene Grace
    Modest Nature
    252 HP / 152 SpA / 104 Spe
    - Nasty Plot
    - Roost
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere

But if I wanted to hack with Thunder Wave, would I take out Aura Sphere or Nasty Plot?

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
  • Taking out Nasty Plot would remove it's ability to Nasty Plot (which it needs to have if it's going to be a Nasty Plot sweeper, Obviously)

Taking out either Aura Sphere or Air Slash would remove your coverage and taking out roost would remove your ability to heal. If your sticking with this kind of set, thunder wave has no place on it.

Farasha

The Eevee Lady
    Years
  • Okay, sorry to bother everyone with so many questions, but now I'm building an UU team and I need two more Pokemon to round it out. I'm mostly looking for a wall. Here's my team so far:

Frosslass@Brightpowder, Timid
    (4 HP/252 Spe/252 SpA)
    Ice Beam
    Substitute
    Thunder Wave
    Spikes

Manectric@Life Orb, Hasty
    (36 Atk/220 Spe/252 SpA)
    Crunch
    Flamethrower
    Thunderbolt
    HP Grass

Nidoqueen@Leftovers, Impish
    (252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def)
    Earthquake
    Roar
    Toxic Spikes
    Stealth Rock

Ninetails@Choice Specs, Timid
    (252 Spe, 252 SpA, 252 SpD)
    HP Electric
    Energy Ball
    Overheat
    Dark Pulse

Any suggestions? Like I said, I'm looking mainly for a wall, also anything you think the team is missing, also tell me if I'm being silly and making a useless team. I'm still very new at this (as my loltastic post above shows).

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • Hmm, you're looking for a special wall mainly, and although I'd suggest Grumpig/Hypno, it would only add to the ghost/dark weak. Use a Cosmic Power Clefable, it causes switches which are IMMENSELY helpful seeing your hazard team. For your last poke I suggest a Swellow or DDAltaria as you need a Ground immune seeing your 3x Ground weak.
    Hope that helped :)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Need some help deciding if I should use SD Toxicroak or SD Absol. Toxicroak is nice and all, but its Sucker Punch is weaker, and even its STAB Cross Chop is weaker than Absol's Superpower (in terms of damage output)

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • Id say it depends on your teammates weaknesses and stuff like speed and raw power. If you want raw power that can take out a few pokes before dying, go with Absol. If you are water weak and RD teams are giving trouble, go with Toxicroak.
    Toxicroak has better "longevity" though, it can take a few unboosted hits and retaliate back. SubPunching set is just great for that kind of play. We all know Absol's merits, its like a Garchomp with crap defenses( ok a watered down Chomp).
    So yeah its up to you... although for bulky sweepers Kanga and Poliwrath are much better.

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Okay everyone, can anybody give me a good moveset & strategy for a Cloyster?

Its stats are

Docile Nature
    Lv. 100
    HP: 219
    Attack: 205
    Defense: 449
    Sp. Atk: 236
    Sp. Def: 122
    Speed: 180.

Ability: Skill Link.

Years
  • Need some help deciding if I should use SD Toxicroak or SD Absol. Toxicroak is nice and all, but its Sucker Punch is weaker, and even its STAB Cross Chop is weaker than Absol's Superpower (in terms of damage output)
    Man, Absol is broken with Superpower. That means you have to do the honest thing and use it. Given what you said, I see no point in using Toxicroak outside of a Rain Team.

Toxicroak is a bit faster, that's it.

Okay everyone, can anybody give me a good moveset & strategy for a Cloyster?

Its stats are

Docile Nature
    Lv. 100
    HP: 219
    Attack: 205
    Defense: 449
    Sp. Atk: 236
    Sp. Def: 122
    Speed: 180.

Ability: Skill Link.

Um, Docile is a bad nature. Go with Relaxed or another +Spd nature.

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • ^
    I think you mean a +Def nature. Cloyster isnt really a good spinner or wall seeing it dies to any Special attack. Claydol is far better as it take no damage from Spikes / TS and 6 from SR, can use Shadow Ball to deal with anti-spin and use SR

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Bother.....I can't decide what Heatran moveset to use...
    But I did narrow the choices down:
    I don't like being choiced, because I feel that will leave me vulnerable,
    (besides that, my Heatran is modest, so that leaves out the scarf set)
    & I have a calm Cresselia I figure would be a equally good rest-talker,
    So I'm deciding between the taunt & burn support sets....
    I still need help........any suggestions, at least?

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • hi,yo.which is the best for tower tycoon palmers second team milotic or starmie

It depends on your team. I beat him the second time with a Garchomp, Milotic, and a T-Tar, but there are a lot of good teams with Starmies as well. What's the rest of your team look like?

Actually I swept all of his guys excpet cresselia with garchomp's choice banded outrage. Cresselia was toast from two of T-Tar's crunches.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Let me note, now that we have a thread dealing with the Battle Tower, take anything & everything concerning such over there. It was made to avoid cluttering up this stickie, so keep that in mind.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • A number of ways.

Heatran: 4x Bullet Punch resist. Just be careful of Brick Break/ Superpower
    Gyarados: Resists Bullet Punch and X-Scissor, and has Intimidate.
    Zapdos: Even without Heat Wave, STAB Thunderbolt hurts. Although Heat Wave is easily obtainable if you trade to someone with Platinum...
    Hippowdon: Bulky, and can force Scizor out with Roar.
    Infernape: Resists Bullet Punch, and can hit back with Flamethrower/ Fire Punch. Very frail, though.
    Shedinja: Immune to Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, BB/ Superpower, and Quick Attack. Can hit back with WoW.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Keep in mind that Heat Wave is an important part of these sets, so removing it puts Zapdos in a slightly weaker position...

Zapdos @ Life Orb/ Leftovers
    Timid
    252 Spe/ 252 SAtk/ 6 HP
    - Thunderbolt
    - Heat Wave/ Thunder Wave?/ AncientPower?
    - Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Ice
    - Roost

Zapdos @ Choice Specs
    Timid
    176 Spe/ 252 SAtk/ 80 HP
    - Thunderbolt
    - Heat Wave/ Thunder Wave?/ AncientPower?
    - Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Ice
    - U-Turn

If you really want to use Zapdos, just send it to someone with Platinum to put Heat Wave on it. Although in either case, you'd need to hack the proper IVs on him for HP Ice/ Grass.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    looking for mix spiritomb wall set
    also im looking for a flareon physical set

Spiritomb@Leftovers
    252 HP / 106 DEF / 156 SP.DEF
    Calm Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - hidden Power fighting
    - Rest