• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Eh, just seeing if I could get a physical houndoom...

Houndoom @ Muscle Band
    Adamant/Naive
    252Atk/252Spe/6hp

- Howl
    - Thunder Fang
    - Fire Fang
    - Crunch/Iron Tail

Meh, Probably screwed up bad...

Help?

Oh and can someone help me with an Ambipom set?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Eh, just seeing if I could get a physical houndoom...

Houndoom @ Muscle Band
    Adamant/Naive
    252Atk/252Spe/6hp

- Howl
    - Thunder Fang
    - Fire Fang
    - Crunch/Iron Tail

Meh, Probably screwed up bad...

Help?

Oh and can someone help me with an Ambipom set?

Arcanine kinda does that better and gets priority in Extremespeed and better attack =p.

Ambipom@Choice Band
    252 ATT /252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Jolly
    Technician
    ~ Return
    ~ Focus Punch / Brick Break
    ~ Payback
    ~ Fake Out / U-turn / Fire Punch

or

Ambipom@Leftovers
    252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid
    Technician
    ~ Baton Pass
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Swift
    ~ Thunderbolt / Taunt / Substitute

or

Ambipom@Life Orb
    252 ATT /252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Jolly
    Technician
    ~ Fake Out
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Payback / Return

=p

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • meh, if you're going to try a pure physical set, it's not easy at all.

Houndoom@Salac Berry
    Adamant/Lonely or Jolly/Hasty
    252atk/252speed/6HP

Endure/Substitute
    Reversal
    Crunch
    Howl/Fire Blast

Sub/Endure Reversal is your best shot at a physical set. Getting a Howl in the switch-in, Sub or Endure as you see fit, activate Salac Berry at 1HP, then sweep (Hopefully). If you go Fire Blast, that'll get rid of big steels, although you might have to invest in some special attack to do notable damage.

Sub protects you from status, but Endure makes Stealth Rock/Spikes unable to ruin your plan. Sandstorm or Hail ruin both sets, unfortunately. Therefore, get a weather changer if you dare try this.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    still looking for a bold spiritomb set as a mix wall

Walling spiritomb need the SpDef boost, so you're gonna have to find a way of breeding. Odds are your spiritomb's IVs won't be top-notch if it isn't bred anyway. The only standard spiritomb to use bold is:

Spiritmob@Lefties
    Bold
    252HP/252Def/6HP
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Calm Mind
    Dark Pulse

Mono-attacker. More defence, less coverage. The sets D_A listed are generally more effective.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Hey, what's a good lead that can counter Aerodactyl and Azelf leads? I've been considering Bullet Punch CBGross, but that obviously dies to both.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, what's a good lead that can counter Aerodactyl and Azelf leads? I've been considering Bullet Punch CBGross, but that obviously dies to both.

Pokemon@Trick scarf

Also there are fake out anti leads (e.g ape and weavile) and Meteor Mash + BP Lead gross does it too. Azelf also looses to tar.

However preventing them setting up sr is a tough task.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Pokemon@Trick scarf

Also there are fake out anti leads (e.g ape and weavile) and Meteor Mash + BP Lead gross does it too. Azelf also looses to tar.

However preventing them setting up sr is a tough task.

Hm, seems pretty broad. Is there anything that can counter (or at least defend against) suicide leads, while still serving a purpose later in a battle?

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
  • I got an UT Palkia and I'm interested to go with the "Mixed Attacker" set that's on Smogon.

Thing is, my Palkia is Naive (+Spd / -Sp.Def) instead of Hasty (+Spd / -Def)
    IVs: 1/24/3/30/14/30

Is it really a pain ?!

Years
  • I got an UT Palkia and I'm interested to go with the "Mixed Attacker" set that's on Smogon.

Thing is, my Palkia is Naive (+Spd / -Sp.Def) instead of Hasty (+Spd / -Def)
    IVs: 1/24/3/30/14/30

Is it really a pain ?!
    Shouldn't make a huge difference, no. Just keep in mind it can't switch in as easily on Special Attacks as it could before. You should be fine, though.

Airconditioning, I usually let them set up their SR and faint (Baiting and Predicting an explosion from Azelf). Afterwards, I will just resort to spinning.

If you must, Adamant LO Fake Out & Ice Shard Weavile can take out both without letting them move, iirc. It can also make a half decent Revenge killer for later on. It has troubles with the new Metagross Leads, though. Your choice. :D

Reese, you may want to elucidate the sort of moveset that you wish to use? It just has quite a lot of options, ta.

Last edited:

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
  • Thanks a lot dudes ;)
    I was thinking of the pretty same setup as Smogon...

PALKIA @ Lustrous Orb / Life Orb
    252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd / 6 Atk
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt (instead of Thunder)
    - Spatial Rend
    - Aqua Tail

It'll be used on an Uber-rain-team with Kyogre

Last edited:

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • AC, Metagross actually does a great job at owning Azelf and Aero. I use this;

Metagross@Leftovers *FACE!!*
    Adamant
    204HP/76atk/224sp.def

Meteor Mash
    Bullet Punch
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake

I can't stress how many people don't expect this, but this thing owns both Aero and Azelf rather easily. Meteor Mash + Bullet Punch crushes Azelf, and 2 Bullet Punches brings Aero down, but you might lead with Mash anyway to trick sash leads. Don't Stealth Rock until AFTER you eliminate their lead or scare it off. It's too vulnerable to Taunt to not lead with an attack, and the first turns are crucial. If you Meteor Mash a Taunting Azelf, it's ruined.

The copious amount of special defense is to deter Fire Blast, as well as being a better check to Gengar. It's designed to survive something like an Overheat from Heatran, so you should be fine on all accounts.

Years
  • Thanks a lot dudes ;)
    I was thinking of the pretty same setup as Smogon...

PALKIA @ Lustrous Orb / Life Orb
    252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd / 6 Atk
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt (instead of Thunder)
    - Spatial Rend
    - Aqua Tail

It'll be used on an Uber-rain-team with Kyogre
    If you have Rain Support, then Thunder is the better option. It always hits in the Rain.

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
  • airconditioning: I think that the only way to prevent Suicide leads from setting up is being faster and Taunting them. I dont think that there is anyother way you can stop SR. But then again you can always pack a spinner so..

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Metagross@Leftovers *FACE!!*
    Adamant
    204HP/76atk/224sp.def

Meteor Mash
    Bullet Punch
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake

Interesting... but how does it fare mid-late game? It looks pretty nice, but I want to make sure.

As for the spinner issue, I'm not sure I can spare it. I use Slowbro on my team (non-negotiable), so Starmie would only add to the number of weaknesses he carries. Donphan looks interesting, as does Tentacruel (if only I could get Rapid Spin and Knock Off on the same set...). Any suggestions?

Farasha

The Eevee Lady
    Years
  • Interesting... but how does it fare mid-late game? It looks pretty nice, but I want to make sure.

As for the spinner issue, I'm not sure I can spare it. I use Slowbro on my team (non-negotiable), so Starmie would only add to the number of weaknesses he carries. Donphan looks interesting, as does Tentacruel (if only I could get Rapid Spin and Knock Off on the same set...). Any suggestions?

I ran a Donphan as my Rapid Spinner for a short amount of time, and then switched it to CB because he gave me so many problems. But his moveset was:

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Impish (252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def)
    -Rapid Spin
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Fang/Knock Off

I chose Fire Fang >> Knock Off on my Donphan because I ran a Tangrowth with Knock Off and didn't want repetition. Like I said, the CB set has worked better for me, but if you like this set and can make it work, more power to you.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • AC, Metagross actually does a great job at owning Azelf and Aero. I use this;

Metagross@Leftovers *FACE!!*
    Adamant
    204HP/76atk/224sp.def

Meteor Mash
    Bullet Punch
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake

I can't stress how many people don't expect this, but this thing owns both Aero and Azelf rather easily. Meteor Mash + Bullet Punch crushes Azelf, and 2 Bullet Punches brings Aero down, but you might lead with Mash anyway to trick sash leads. Don't Stealth Rock until AFTER you eliminate their lead or scare it off. It's too vulnerable to Taunt to not lead with an attack, and the first turns are crucial. If you Meteor Mash a Taunting Azelf, it's ruined.

The copious amount of special defense is to deter Fire Blast, as well as being a better check to Gengar. It's designed to survive something like an Overheat from Heatran, so you should be fine on all accounts.
    Well, whatdoya know, that's the moveset I use for my Metagross!
    But, uh, I'm still stuck on what Heatran moveset to use...
    Taunt or Burn support....
    That is the question.....
    NOTE:
    Don't ask what my team is,
    I've just been training pokemons 1-by-1,
    in the hopes of making multiple teams at once....

Years
  • Well, whatdoya know, that's the moveset I use for my Metagross!
    But, uh, I'm still stuck on what Heatran moveset to use...
    Taunt or Burn support....
    That is the question.....
    NOTE:
    Don't ask what my team is,
    I've just been training pokemons 1-by-1,
    in the hopes of making multiple teams at once....
    It depends on what you want to do. The Taunt set can deal with Blissey and other generally stall-based pokemon far better, although Burn Support can help to deal with other (mainly Physical) threats. Sorry, but you do have to consider the make-up of your team. I honestly reckon the Taunt set is a bit gimmicky, so run with Burn Support if you want. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back