• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Can someone give me a quick little moveset for Buizel and/or Floatzel?
    Here's what I'd use: (or maybe the pure psyical rain set...)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: MixDance
    Item: Mystic Water
    Nature: Rash
    EVs: 240 Atk / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
    Moveset:
    ~ Rain Dance
    ~ Surf
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Toxic / Ice Beam

Floatzel is a surprisingly good Mixed Sweeper thanks to decent offensive stats and Rain Dance. This set works just like any other Rain Dancer; find a turn to Rain Dance and start inflicting pain. Surf is the primary STAB here, as it will outdamage Waterfall most of the time. The set is fairly simple; just hit the opponent on its weaker defensive stat. The final slot helps combat pokemon that resist Water attacks. Ice Beam will hit Breloom, Tangrowth, Salamence, and Dragonite hard, but will leave you lost against Water Pokemon. Toxic is Floatzel's best attempt at crippling Bulky Waters, as most of them can shrug off Hidden Power Electrics and unboosted Crunches and Returns all day but will hate the lingering effects of Toxic, barring those that have access to Rest and Sleep Talk.
    With these EVs, Floatzel hits an amazing 540 Speed in the Rain, and 270 Speed to beat neutral Heracross even without rain. Mystic Water is the item of choice, since you are using only water attacks and Life Orb recoil will only hinder you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I'm wondering...
    which one of these is the better defensive duo?:
    Bronzong & Spiritomb
    Dusknoir & Heatran
    Or is there a better mixed defensive Steel & Ghost-typed duo?

Years
    Okay, I just bought Platinum and I'm looking to get back into the competitive battling scene. Does anyone know of any site that I can use to read up on the current metagame and info on new Pokémon movesets?

Forever Forum

Its Hell getting into Heaven
    Years
    I was able to get a movie Shaymin today via trade. I used the Gracidea to transform it into Sky Forme, but when I try again, it didn't work.

Anyone know why?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I'm looking for an Altaria set that can utilize the Heal Bell and still live. I'm looking for other moves, EV spread and nature.

I'm also looking for a Special UU Sweeper that would fit into a semi-stall team, and maybe resistance to birds such as swellow and honchkrow.

Last edited:

Veristical Blaze

Musician VS. Waterpolo xD
    Years
    Now I'm wondering...
    which one of these is the better defensive duo?:
    Bronzong & Spiritomb
    Dusknoir & Heatran
    Or is there a better mixed defensive Steel & Ghost-typed duo?
    I think Bronzong+Spiritomb is a better one because their a physical and special wall like pokemons and spiri's typing is a nice one without super effective's

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, don't know if this goes in here or the Simple Q&A, but what would be better on a standard SD Lucario, Stone Edge of Ice Punch

Luke
    Standard Evs/Nature
    ~SD
    ~ExtremeSpd
    ~CC
    ~Stone Edge/Ice Punch

Thanks ^^

I generally prefer Stone Edge. Hits everything Ice Punch will except Gliscor (lol).

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    Hi im using a pikacchu set.im using the pika from battle revolution so i cant get a different hdden power type as i need surf (damn).
    pleaze raate

pika@lightball
    hardy nature
    evs some in atk sp.atk and spe(please tell me what evs i need)
    volt tackle
    sub
    surf
    focus punch

Last edited:

Max™

Needs to scarfduggy
    Years
    So yea, I havent used Rotom-Appliance yet...So Im just wondering what the set that's used for it would be...

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Which move is more effective in UU: Grass Knot or Energy Ball?

It depends on the pokemon really, although in general, Energy Ball hits the bulky waters a bit harder in UU/NU since they're lighter there. I don't think using one or the other is goign to cost you terribly though.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I think Bronzong+Spiritomb is a better one because their a physical and special wall like pokemons and spiri's typing is a nice one without super effective's
    Thanks!
    Blakus:
    I've looked up Altaria & Swablu, unless they haven't up-dated them yet,
    cannot learn Heal Bell.

Cheekoo:
    Here's what I'd use:
    Name: Perish Trapper
    Item: Leftovers Nature: Calm
    Moveset: (below) EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 16 SpD / 64 Spe
    ~ Mean Look
    ~ Perish Song
    ~ Taunt / Destiny Bond
    ~ Protect

MissyD! The old Perish Trapper from GSC is back for more in ADV. However, the only reason Misdreavus was used over Gengar for trapping in GSC was because it wasn't weak to Psychic or Earthquake. Considering that Misdreavus only has a small amount more Special Defense and the same Ground immunity, and that Gengar is much faster for Taunting and is generally cooler, you might want to go with that. Still, the Special Defense and no Psychic weakness is nice. Perish trapping is even better in ADV with Taunt. Trap your foe, Protect to regain health from Leftovers, Perish Song or Taunt depending on who is on the field. Protect and Taunt whore until it falls, and switch out. This is really a no-brainer, and works best with Jirachi to give Wish support. Jirachi can also take Explosions, which are common after Perish Trapping. Use Destiny Bond if you are sure Misdreavus isn't going to survive the 3 turn setup Perish Song needs.

FinalPaladin:
    The Kingdra set is good, except you need to give it the Adamant nature,
    & use this EV spead: 252Atk/ 24Sp.A/ 232Spd
    & you're better off using this for Pikachu:
    Name: MixedPika
    Item: Light Ball Nature: Hasty/ Naive
    Moveset: (below) EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~ Thunderbolt / Volt Tackle
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice
    ~ Substitute

In DP, Light Ball doubles Pikachu's Attack as well as its Special Attack, making a physical set viable on him. This particular Pikachu is NOT walled by the likes of Blissey and Snorlax; in fact, he does a significant number against the two with Brick Break. Volt Tackle is made even more potent by the fact that Pikachu has a slightly higher Attack than Special Attack, but the recoil along with Substitute could kill him very quickly considering his meager HP, even without his opponent's help.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back