• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMarc

Garchomp is not Uber
    Years
    No no no. He meant that something like that is completely frowned up. I think how he was answering your question is that hacks altogether are generally frowned upon, but things like his example are just stupid, complete obvious hacks, and make you a noob XD

i never intended to make hacked pokemon, just pokesav is the only program i know of to make pokemon.
    Ill assure all of you that all of the pokemon i make are completly legal!
    i wouldnt be here if i didnt want to learn how to make a powerful legit team, i would just hack and be on my way. ive been reading up on Smogon University and have slowly been putting my team together. Will post team later

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    i never intended to make hacked pokemon, just pokesav is the only program i know of to make pokemon.
    Ill assure all of you that all of the pokemon i make are completly legal!
    i wouldnt be here if i didnt want to learn how to make a powerful legit team, i would just hack and be on my way. ive been reading up on Smogon University and have slowly been putting my team together. Will post team later
    Yes, and if you find a hacked Pokemon user here (like say a Flygon survives a Specs Starmie's Ice Beam), then just report them. As it is against the rules.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Quick question: What the best nature for Brozong? I currently have one Brave nature. And maybe an EV Spread I'm thinking 252 HP/126 Defense/126 Sp Def

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Quick question: What the best nature for Brozong? I currently have one Brave nature. And maybe an EV Spread I'm thinking 252 HP/126 Defense/126 Sp Def
    The best nature for Bronzong is Sassy or Relaxed since they increase his defenses and lower his speed making one of his main attacks(Gyro Ball) stronger.

Brave is meh, Bronzong is a wall so you should focus on his defenses.

Bronzong@ Leftovers
    EV : 252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
    Nature : Sassy
    ~ Gyro Ball
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Hypnosis
    ~ Earthquake

Standard Wall Bronzong set.

MagicMarc

Garchomp is not Uber
    Years
    Need Help Finishing my Team

First team, ok here goes

Bronzong@Leftovers
    Levitate
    Sassy
    252 HP / 86Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD

Gyro Ball
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Explosion

Bronzong is used as me lead to get stealth rocks out, as well as to deal with several other speedy leads with gyro ball. Explosion can also take care of a pokemon treatening
    my team

Blissey@Leftovers
    Natural cure
    Calm
    252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD

Wish
    Softboiled
    Ice Beam
    Toxic

Blissey is my wall/healer Blissey can support my other pokemon on the team by using wish and then switching out to heal them (mainly for my physical sweeper Lucario@life orb) Also can use toxic and ice beam for those pesky dragons and ground type walls.

Rotom-C@Leftovers
    Levitate
    Calm
    252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Discharge
    Will-O

Rotom's purpose here is my special sweeper. He also serves as a great counter for a Fighting type pokemon that somebody may use to counter Blissey. Using rest and sleep talk will keep him alive for awhile. will-o to burn and discharge to possibly paralyze and a powerful STAB attack

Lucario@Life Orb
    Inner focus
    Jolly
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Extremespeed
    Crunch

Lucario is used as a late game Sweeper/Revenge killer. His high speed combined with one or two swords dances he can OHKO many pokemon with a STAB Close Combat or be sure to sneak in the first attack with extremespeed. if he gets low on health i will switch in blissey use wish and then switch back in.

Well thats all i have so far PLEASE RATE!!
    and any ADVICE FOR OTHER TWO TEAMMATES would be greatly appreciated!
    I feel like i need a choice band/choice spec pokemon as well as maybe another revenge killer or a special sweeper
    I was thinking heatrain as another sweeper but idk

THANKS

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Put Thunder Wave over Toxic on Blissey so it is not set-up fodder. Adamant over Jolly for Lucario, because most of its OHKOs (a lot of them too) rely on Adamant's power boost. I would change Rotom-C to average set, RestTalk is not needed as Blissey can be used as a status absorber (Natural Cure). A revenge killer would nice for one of the last slots. I might come back to suggest some fillers for the remaining places.

Edit: Use Seismic Toss over Ice Beam for Blissey, as you would not want to stay in on a dragon, and Wish is better to use when the opponent switches out than Ice Beam most of the time, and eases prediction. Seismic Toss is needed to defeat stuff like SubPetaya Empoleon, CM Raikou, etc.

Edit 2: Wait, since you were not meaning to use RestTalk on Rotom-C, you can still use it, but RestTalk seems a bit set-up fodder (something can come in and set-up on you) currently...

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    The best nature for Bronzong is Sassy or Relaxed since they increase his defenses and lower his speed making one of his main attacks(Gyro Ball) stronger.

Brave is meh, Bronzong is a wall so you should focus on his defenses.

Bronzong@ Leftovers
    EV : 252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
    Nature : Sassy
    ~ Gyro Ball
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Hypnosis
    ~ Earthquake

Standard Wall Bronzong set.

My current moveset on my OU Bronzong (the one i mentioned with a Brave nature) is identical to that except it has Dream Eater instead of Stealth Rock. My Uber one also has Payback instead of Earthquake as a Giratina counter (it's worked well so far). Whether to use Sassy or relaxed I will base on IVs and base stats on Defense and Sp Def.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    My current moveset on my OU Bronzong (the one i mentioned with a Brave nature) is identical to that except it has Dream Eater instead of Stealth Rock. My Uber one also has Payback instead of Earthquake as a Giratina counter (it's worked well so far). Whether to use Sassy or relaxed I will base on IVs and base stats on Defense and Sp Def.
    Don't use Dream Eater, everyone switches out when they are put to sleep. Plus, SR is a lot more important than getting another STAB. Gyro Ball is good enough for causing damage.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Don't use Dream Eater, everyone switches out when they are put to sleep. Plus, SR is a lot more important than getting another STAB. Gyro Ball is good enough for causing damage.

I'll consider it but if it has SR than that would make Bronzong my lead instead of Espeon.

Years
    I'm not sure how much you expect an Un-Stabed Payback from a pathetic Attack Stat to do to something like Giratina, but I really don't see how it makes a great counter.

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
    i was using a ttar before i gave him this

Tyranitar@ Focus Sash (only if it's leading) or Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake / Fire Punch / Aqua Tail (my bad, meant to be next to EQ not SE xD
    Avalanche Dragon Dance
    Crunch

Mamoswine @ Life Orb or Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant / Jolly
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Def
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang or Superpower
    stone edge
    Ice Shard

i will start posting on ze ozer thread now

Changes in bold, you can choose either Adamant for power or Jolly Mamoswine for outspeeding any base 75 speeds or lower.

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Changes in bold, you can choose either Adamant for power or Jolly Mamoswine for outspeeding any base 75 speeds or lower.
    I would think the Fire Punch / Aqua Tail would be better beside Earthquake, as Stone Edge should be kept as his main STAB. ;3

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    He also shouldn't be using a Focus Sash on T-tar since he's not leading with it...It's a pretty useless item otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    What's with Latias being OU but Latios being Uber??
    Yeah you would be surprized about how the higher special attack makes all the difference.

That and its dual screen+memento set is broken when used in conjunction with a pure baton pass gliscor to a physical sweeper (often metagross).

smogon said:
    Support Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.

Fits this pretty much.

And yes Soul Dew is allowed in uber matches.

^This. Pretty much, the fact that it has such high special attack compared with the ability to use memento is why Latios is uber while Latias is OU. Even so though, Latios is currently in suspect testing.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    He also shouldn't be using a Focus Sash on T-tar since he's not leading with it...It's a pretty useless item otherwise.

Another good use of Focus Sash is on a Level 1 Pokemon with Endeavor and an increased priority move.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Level 1 endeavor is borderline novelty though, and it only works well on pokes like Clefable and its pre-evos, who don't take damage from entry hazards or weather due to Magic Guard. Otherwise, the sash becomes useless on anything else. Stealth Rock, among other hazards, is just too common in today's metagame to make the Focus Sash work on anything besides leads really.

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years

Ahh - I thought he said "lead" - my bad ;P

I would think the Fire Punch / Aqua Tail would be better beside Earthquake, as Stone Edge should be kept as his main STAB. ;3

Oh shoot - I SWEAR I put it next to EQ D:

Anyways, fixed 'em both to prevent any more misleading things - Someone please give me an eye test ):

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    I dont know which i should put with garchomp and milotic either heracross, mamoswine,cresselia or heatran
    i have a mild heatran if thats any good

for heracross i is gonna use

heracross@flame orb
    jolly
    252atk/252spe/252sp def
    megahorn
    closecombat
    facade
    stone edge

this would be ace for palmers 2nd team. i am using flame orb so i can finish with facade and not get paralyzed or put to sleep

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I dont know which i should put with garchomp and milotic either heracross, mamoswine,cresselia or heatran
    i have a mild heatran if thats any good

If this is for Battle Tower, use the thread for it and stop spamming this thread!

Otherwise, use Mamoswine if its for something else. ~_~

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    I need an EV spread for a Jolly Growlithe and an Adamant Crobat. I checked on Smogon but they don't have spreads for either natures and I seem to be unable to calculate my own spreads :D

How viable is an Adamant Crobat in wifi battling anyways? It's kinda...frail.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back