• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Your team also loses to Lucario/Heracross and Skarm and Forry on the same team is beyond pointless.

Id lose skarm and use an actually good forry set, the standard i kinda eh. That and you dont blow things up on stall EVER.

Forretress@leftovers
    252 HP / 252 S.DEF / 6 DEF
    Impish Nature
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes / Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin
    - Payback

Increses its sp.def durability by 42% and you only lose 19% physical durability. This helps you actually switch in. Payback lets you win vs CM sub/refresh latias (2hko) 1 vs 1 and nails spin blockers.

As for ape, sp.def rest talk Gyarados, Tenta etc they all work as for Lucario you have your standard fighting resist (Gyarados, Gliscor, Nidoqueen etc) i mean its really up to you on what you use.

Toxic >> T-Wave on P2, T-Wave conflicts with T-Spikes.

Aura mentioned everything else.

Rocker32703

Water/Flying/Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • I'd like some suggestions for a Single Battle team I'm in the middle of finishing up... I'm not sure what to do for some of my moves and other things.

Luxray (Hasty nature)
    Crunch
    Iron Tail
    Charge
    Thunder Fang <----I have him pretty much set up, no need to fix him for now.

Crobat (Bashful nature)
    Air Slash
    Confuse Ray
    Poison Fang
    Dark Pulse <------- I want to change Poison fang. Any good ideas?

Charizard (Naive nature)
    Dragon Claw
    Aerial Ace
    Heat Wave
    Brick Break <----I dunno, should he be changed at all?

Rhyperior (Jolly nature)
    Mega Horn
    Hammer Arm
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake <----It seems solid, but it doesn't feel right. Like I'm doing something stupid that I'm forgetting. xD

Salamence (Hasty nature)
    Focus Energy
    Protect
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw <---I'm pretty sure he's flawed. Is it worth having Protect with him?

Gyrados (Docile nature)
    Thunder Wave
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Fang
    Aqua Tail <----- This one I'm ok with, but I'm afraid he would die quickly in a fight.

Any ideas how I should change these Pokemon? Or if they even need changing?

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I'd like some suggestions for a Single Battle team I'm in the middle of finishing up... I'm not sure what to do for some of my moves and other things.

Luxray (Adamant nature)
    Item : Choice Band
    EV : 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

- Crunch
    - Ice Fang
    - Return
    - Spark

Give this thing a CB and this moveset, decent coverage and power. Spark >>> TFang for the 30% paralysis.

Crobat (Jolly nature)
    Item : Leftovers
    EV : 104 HP / 152 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Brave Bird
    - Taunt
    - Roost
    - U-Turn

Make your Crobat into this moveset and use this as a lead.

Charizard (Timid nature)
    Item : Choice Specs
    EV : 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

- Overheat
    - HP Grass
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Focus Blast

Mixed Zard sucks, try the Specs set. Belly Drum rarely work anymore with SR everywhere.

Rhyperior (Jolly nature)
    Item : Life Orb
    EV : 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

- Rock Polish
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Megahorn / Aqua Tail

This set is great for cleaning up late-game.

Salamence (Rash nature)
    EV : 80 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 176 Spe

- Draco Meteor
    - Brick Break
    - Fire Blast
    - Roost

The set packs more power then your original set which was pretty bad, sorry :(

Gyrados (Adamant nature)
    EV : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Earthquake
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Fang
    Aqua Tail <----- This one I'm ok with, but I'm afraid he would die quickly in a fight.

EQ to hit Electric types. Otherwise good.
    Any ideas how I should change these Pokemon? Or if they even need changing?
    I fixed up some of your movesets and if you could give them those items/EV's it would be great.

First of all I'd replace Charizard with ScarfTran to help you take care of some threats and it really is more helpful.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Nature : Naive
    EV ; 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    - Explosion
    - HP Ice / Dragon Pulse
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power

Then replace Luxray with something that packs a punch without setting up. Maybe like CBTar.

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
  • I need a set for a stall Abomasnow please (:

Im currently working on a team and sort of don't know how Abomasnow works ... Yes I know, I'm a sad cookie D=

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    [jq]I need a set for a stall Abomasnow please (:

Im currently working on a team and sort of don't know how Abomasnow works ... Yes I know, I'm a sad cookie D=[/jq]
    Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread
    @ Leftovers
    Ability: Snow Warning
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed
    - Blizzard
    - Focus Punch / Protect / Grass Knot

Focus Punch is to 2HKOs Blissey and Heatran, and has a 66% chance of OHKOing Tyranitar with SR down. Speed EVs allow you to outrun (no Speed EVs / neutral Speed Nature) base 100s like Celebi. Protect can be used for stalling, and you can also move all the Speed EVs to Special Defense, and change Abomasnow's Nature to Calm/Sassy. Grass Knot can also be used for bulky waters. I suggest having something like Magnezone or Rotom-H to get rid of Steels.

Rocker32703

Water/Flying/Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • I fixed up some of your movesets and if you could give them those items/EV's it would be great.

First of all I'd replace Charizard with ScarfTran to help you take care of some threats and it really is more helpful.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Nature : Naive
    EV ; 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    - Explosion
    - HP Ice / Dragon Pulse
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power

Then replace Luxray with something that packs a punch without setting up. Maybe like CBTar.

Thanks for the ideas. (Now how the heck am I supposed to get all these items? xD) I'll try them out.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Well, you'll have to Battle Frontier a lot.
    Or you could Battle Tower and steal their items, or trade for them from other players.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    [jq]Thanks for the ideas. (Now how the heck am I supposed to get all these items? xD) I'll try them out.[/jq]
    You can get Life Orb at Stark Mountain (maybe at Battle Frontier too), and Leftovers from Munchlax. And, like Mages4ever said, you can get the Choice items at Battle Frontier iirc. You can also clone the items too when you only have 1 of each.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    need help, i have this list of pokemon and their supposed to be purpose though im not sure whose who i'm going to use,can i ask for advice???others also still don't have movesets cause i dont have a clue to what im going to use effectively

im also conerned about the item clause (can only use one item)since i only play at R/S tourny and there's barely good items on the game so i dont know who i'm going to attach leftovers with and nid advice on items

dusclops (staller with pain split and will o wisp)
    gengar (special sweeper)
    swampert (mix or physical??? and leftovers or chesto???)
    skarmory (spiker and leftovers???)
    aerodactyl (sweeper with rock slide,double edge,earthquake and ???)(choice band???)
    Ludicolo (staller with raind dance, Toxic, Leech seed,???, leftovers??)
    breloom (sweeper? with focus punch spore and substitute?)
    manectric or jolteon (their sweepers with thunder wave???)

and last a good cleric (milktank, illumise or vileplume???)

thanks in advance!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    [jq]need help, i have this list of pokemon and their supposed to be purpose though im not sure whose who i'm going to use,can i ask for advice???others also still don't have movesets cause i dont have a clue to what im going to use effectively

im also conerned about the item clause (can only use one item)since i only play at R/S tourny and there's barely good items on the game so i dont know who i'm going to attach leftovers with and nid advice on items

dusclops (staller with pain split and will o wisp)
    gengar (special sweeper)
    swampert (mix or physical??? and leftovers or chesto???)
    skarmory (spiker and leftovers???)
    aerodactyl (sweeper with rock slide,double edge,earthquake and ???)(choice band???)
    Ludicolo (staller with raind dance, Toxic, Leech seed,???, leftovers??)
    breloom (sweeper? with focus punch spore and substitute?)
    manectric or jolteon (their sweepers with thunder wave???)

and last a good cleric (milktank, illumise or vileplume???)

thanks in advance![/jq]
    This would be helpful for you, it should have majority of those sets you wanted. Really, no one ever uses the Item Clause except Nintendo tournaments. But if you are forced to use it, you can always resort to berries (sadly there are no type resisting berries in R/S), or stuff like Spell Tag, Miracle Seed, etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    thanks for the info i've already browsed to smogon but i still could'nt pick a good lineup

also is 255 the really max value per stat? i see pokemons exceed that limit

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • thanks for the info i've already browsed to smogon but i still could'nt pick a good lineup

also is 255 the really max value per stat? i see pokemons exceed that limit

255 is the maximum amount of EVs a pokemon can have in a single stat, but the stat level itself is based on the pokemon's base stats as well as its EV/IV investment.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    ah so basically there are no max value for stats thanks for the info... still waiting replies on what can i do with thise pokemon

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    There is a Max Value.
    Base Stats + Nature (+10% and -10% to one stat) + EVs (+63 maximum to a stat)+ IVs (+31 maximum to a stat) = Maximum Stat.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    ah i see thanks for that guess ive got a lot to learn... any advice on which pokemon i'm going to use base on my list

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    I need some help completing my team, I have one open space and I'm not sure what to fill it with... I've toyed with a few ideas but I can't seem to find anything that fits well. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can throw in? If anyone sees a glaring weakness with my team or something and can suggest something to counter said weakness, that would be great. I'm thinking maybe something that can set up SR or Spikes or something, but... No epiphanies yet. :C
    This is an UU team, so please keep your suggestions to UU, or NU if you can really justify it.(yes I know Gallade is BL but the people I mainly play with are ok with BL in UU) My team is as follows:

-Typhlosion@Choice Scarf, Mild (144 Atk, 252 SpA, 112 Spe): Eruption, Focus Punch, Overheat, Earthquake

-Gallade@Life Orb, Adamant (4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe): Swords Dance, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Night Slash

-Miltank@Leftovers, Impish (252 HP, 136 Def, 120 SpD): Curse, Milk Drink, Body Slam, Heal Bell

-Mismagius@Leftovers, Calm (252 HP, 216 SpD, 40 Spe): Mean Look, Perish Song, Protect, Taunt

-Leafeon@Leftovers, Impish (252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe): Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Wish, Leaf Blade

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I need some help completing my team, I have one open space and I'm not sure what to fill it with... I've toyed with a few ideas but I can't seem to find anything that fits well. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can throw in? If anyone sees a glaring weakness with my team or something and can suggest something to counter said weakness, that would be great. I'm thinking maybe something that can set up SR or Spikes or something, but... No epiphanies yet. :C
    This is an UU team, so please keep your suggestions to UU, or NU if you can really justify it.(yes I know Gallade is BL but the people I mainly play with are ok with BL in UU) My team is as follows:

-Typhlosion@Choice Scarf, Mild (144 Atk, 252 SpA, 112 Spe): Eruption, Focus Punch, Overheat, Earthquake

-Gallade@Life Orb, Adamant (4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe): Swords Dance, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Night Slash

-Miltank@Leftovers, Impish (252 HP, 136 Def, 120 SpD): Curse, Milk Drink, Body Slam, Heal Bell

-Mismagius@Leftovers, Calm (252 HP, 216 SpD, 40 Spe): Mean Look, Perish Song, Protect, Taunt

-Leafeon@Leftovers, Impish (252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe): Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Wish, Leaf Blade
    Gallade is banned from UU since he's BL so you have to remove him. You could probably switch Absol in since he tries to do the same thing ;)

Personally I'd make Mismagius into the SubCM set. Great for a late-game sweeper.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
    Nature : Timid
    EV : 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

Just some thoughts =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back