• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I've been running a Blissey on the CAP server with the following set:

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    252 Def/ 176 HP/ 80 SpD(or the other way around)

Softboiled
    Aromtherapy
    Ice Beam
    Seismic Toss

I'm mainly using it as a cleric, but its easily walled on the CAP server by Steels, especially the new CAP. Should I switch Ice Beam to Flamethrower? Any other comments are appreciated as well.

Uhh... can I get some help with this?

d2m

Years
    Blissey is supposed to be a sponge, not a sweeper, of course she's gonna get walled by things, use a sweeper, if you don't have any left, well then you're SOL. That's what I've found at least.

Years

Blissey is supposed to be a sponge, not a sweeper, of course she's gonna get walled by things, use a sweeper, if you don't have any left, well then you're SOL. That's what I've found at least.
    I don't really know what you were trying to get at, but.... Yeah.

Flamethrower really works better for ToxiStalling sets, but otherwise, you shouldn't be dealing with Steels aside from Heatran, which is immune to Flamethrower. Ice Beam is really important for keeping out Dragons, taking down Lati@s and general coverage. Thunder Wave could help to cripple troublesome switch-ins, but you probably want to keep Aromatherapy.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    Well its completed but not technically because i havent actually made the team at all yet but i have a rough idea.
    Steelix lvl 50ish
    Empoleon lvl high 50s
    Gengar lvl 50ish
    Alakazam maybe lvl 60
    Staraptor lvl 50ish
    Luxray lvl50ish
    Im not sure about movesets or anything else. This is for diamond

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Well its completed but not technically because i havent actually made the team at all yet but i have a rough idea.
    Steelix lvl 50ish
    Empoleon lvl high 50s
    Gengar lvl 50ish
    Alakazam maybe lvl 60
    Staraptor lvl 50ish
    Luxray lvl50ish
    Im not sure about movesets or anything else. This is for diamond

Is this a competetive team or one for ingame?

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    Im thinking i could possibly use it for competitive if i raised the levels and got a different moveset but for now it would just be for ingame.
    EDIT: im getting rid of luxray and i need someone else. Who should it be? its pretty much finalized for everyone else. Im planning on getting the steelix at victory road and training it, i have a staravia right now, i have a prinplup, i have a kadabra, i have a gastly, so all i need is just one other guy to take down water and other stuff

Last edited:

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Im thinking i could possibly use it for competitive if i raised the levels and got a different moveset but for now it would just be for ingame.
    EDIT: im getting rid of luxray and i need someone else. Who should it be? its pretty much finalized for everyone else. Im planning on getting the steelix at victory road and training it, i have a staravia right now, i have a prinplup, i have a kadabra, i have a gastly, so all i need is just one other guy to take down water and other stuff

Anything works for ingame. To be honest, I don't see this having much success competitively. When you build a competitive team you have to think about natures, EVs, IVs, moves, and what role the Pkmn is going to play (sweeper, tank, etc.). After you beat the league, then start asking about team building if you want to battle on wifi.

d2m

Years
    If there's one thing I learned about the elite four, it's this: 40 Hyper Potions, 20 Full Restores, 30 Revives, and any team will beat them :P

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    Okay sounds good, but... i started a new game cause i realized i wanted to pick chimchar as my starter cause there are no fire types before the elite four other then like ponyta which i hate. And i realized i shouldve got a shinx from the start and a budew
    Ok so heres my planned team now that ive restarted
    Infernape
    Staraptor
    Alakazam
    Roserade
    Golem until victory road then steelix
    Gyarados

d2m

Years
    Okay sounds good, but... i started a new game cause i realized i wanted to pick chimchar as my starter cause there are no fire types before the elite four other then like ponyta which i hate. And i realized i shouldve got a shinx from the start and a budew
    Ok so heres my planned team now that ive restarted
    Infernape
    Staraptor
    Alakazam
    Roserade
    Golem until victory road then steelix
    Gyarados
    Honchkrow instead of Staraptor will save you problems...having a dark type really helps for psychics and he has high attack and speed. The only thing you miss out on is Staraptor's Close Combat, but Infernape has it anyway.

Brown

Breeder
    Years
    I'n my double battle 4x4 sunny day team I'm using an infernape for my final attacker. I'm thinkining
    @Choice Scarf w/ Brave Nature
    Stone Edge - Fire Blitz - Close Combate - Heat Wave

Will this be effective?

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    I'n my double battle 4x4 sunny day team I'm using an infernape for my final attacker. I'm thinkining
    @Choice Scarf w/ Brave Nature
    Stone Edge - Fire Blitz - Close Combate - Heat Wave

Will this be effective?

Brave on Nape is bad. Speed is one of Napes biggest selling points, don't hinder it. Give him Lonely or Naughy for more attack, Mild or Rash for higher Special Attack, or Hasty or Naive for more Speed. Infernape doesn't need high defences, so take away from those rather than speed.

Detox

I was wondering, when a sandstorm is up, what types get the Sp. Def boost from it? Or is it just Tyranitar?

Brown

Breeder
    Years
    But if I scarf him doesn't the speed reductions...not matter at all?

I'll consider a nature that lowers special defense to up attack with an orb though

And for the move set, should I bother having heat wave or should I go with another physical attack? :O

The team looks like Dusknoir, Shiftry, Cherrim, and Inernape fyi :P

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    You guys think this could be decent for a lead?:

Hariyama @ Leftovers
    204 HP / 180 DEF / 124 ATK
    Adamant/Brave + Thick Fat/Guts
    ~ Sub
    ~ Focus Punch
    ~ Whirlwind
    ~ Fire Punch

Basically a slow bulky pokemon to take almost anything that switches or gets phazed in, and a slow pokemon for STAB SubPunching is really nice. Fire Punch is for Scizor because the chances of it switching in are big compared to any other pokemon. Thoughts?

~Fire Eagle~

The Advanced Trainer
    Years
    Since I'm waiting for my Pressure Point team to get approved my the moderators, I'm just going to give you a good Pokemon I need to get analyzed so here it goes.

Name: Aagron
    EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
    Sturdy + Relaxed
    + Metal Burst
    + Stone Edge
    + Focus Punch
    + Protect

Detox

Um.....If your using a Focus Punch I reccomend you use this or the smogon standard one

Aggron @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    Sturdy Ability
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / Rock Polish
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Stone Edge
    -Iron Head / Metal Burst / Rock Polish

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    OK, I'm still thinking this out.. How does this team sound? I dont know about natures, ev's yet, and some moves are missing.

Mamoswine
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Shard
    -Stone Edge
    -????

Scizor
    -Swords Dance
    -Bullet Punch
    -Pursuit
    -Brick Break

Infernape
    -Close Combat
    -Flamethrower
    -???
    -???

Metagross
    -Earthquake
    -Meteor Mash
    -Explosion
    -???

Gengar
    -Poison Jab
    -Hypnosis
    -Dream Eater
    -Shadow Ball

Kingdra
    -Surf
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -???

Better than my others?

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    You guys think this could be decent for a lead?:

Hariyama @ Leftovers
    204 HP / 180 DEF / 124 ATK
    Adamant/Brave + Thick Fat/Guts
    ~ Sub
    ~ Focus Punch
    ~ Whirlwind
    ~ Fire Punch

Basically a slow bulky pokemon to take almost anything that switches or gets phazed in, and a slow pokemon for STAB SubPunching is really nice. Fire Punch is for Scizor because the chances of it switching in are big compared to any other pokemon. Thoughts?
    Could anyone help me with this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back