• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    You should go for a balanced team, an all Offensive team can be easily destroyed by tanks/defensive pokemon.

Actually, offensive teams are by far the most common types of team in the current metagame. Numerous attackers are powerful enough to break walls nowadays.

darthalex, an offensive team consists of fast hitting sweepers and revenge killers. There are numerous options for an offensive team. Obviously, it needs to be balanced to take advantage of resistances and such, but that's the general idea ;D

darthalex

Kidney Thief
    Years
    Depending on the pokemon, it is possible to have all 3/2 of those(only a select few can have them all).

You should go for a balanced team, an all Offensive team can be easily destroyed by tanks/defensive pokemon.

thats cool, but can you have say stealth rock and spikes "in play" at the same time, so if someone switches in a whatever it gets hit by both SR and spikes?

Last edited:

darthalex

Kidney Thief
    Years
    thanks,

was also wondering if there is anything you really need to watch out for/have a counter for in UU, gonna start working on my team today i think :)

Years
    This is getting a little out of hand. There is another thread for team building.

I'd like to know all the multipliers all attack boosting elements sport.
    For example, I know that the Life Orb raises attack or special attack by 1.3x,
    Choice band increases attack by 1.5x,
    And Wise Glasses boost special attack stats by 1.2x

Correct me if any of this information is wrong.
    I'd also like to know:
    How much simple type items boost stats by (nevermeltice for example)
    How much Plates boost by (Spook Plate, Fist Plate etc)
    How much stage modifiers boost by (eg, after using how, I get +1 attack, what multiplier is this?)
    Abilities such as Chlorophyll and Swift Swim, Overgroww and Torrent.

And anything else you can think of that I have missed, please, let me know.
    Thanks.

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
    somewhere in this forum it says +1 +2 ect But i think it increase by ).5 EG start at 1 then +1 makes 1.5 +2 make 2 Understand?

Only the Everstone holding ditto will passs its Nature Or if there is no ditto the Mother will pass its nature if holding everstone. But there is only a 50% chance

darthalex

Kidney Thief
    Years
    in competetive UU, is there any poke thats used quite a lot that you need an answer for?

starting to design my team and need to know if there is anything like that to take into account

Demo123

Clan Deity Reviver
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2009
    So when i'm finished, make a Pokemon hold an Everstone and breed with a ditto, and the resulting Pokemon will have the same nature as the Everstone-holding-Poke?

No, but there is a higher chance that it will.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    in competetive UU, is there any poke thats used quite a lot that you need an answer for?

starting to design my team and need to know if there is anything like that to take into account
    Off the top of my head consider these Shaymin, Scyther, Yanmega and Swellow :)

thomascallaghan

Shiny Master
    Years
    Would it be leagal to used a
    Shedinja, Spiritomb and a Skill Swapper in a double battle to make a wondertomb? XD poster a team i had but it diddent get approved

Years
    ok I need help finishing this team. Its not really super-competitive, but it needs to be decent/above average

Gallade
    Drain Punch
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Psycho Cut

Vaporeon
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Hydro Pump
    Acid Armor

Magmortar
    Thunderpunch
    Flamethrower
    Lava Plume
    Confuse Ray

Drapion
    Toxic Spikes
    Poison Jab
    Cross Poison
    Ice Fang

Staraptor
    Brave Bird
    Close Combat
    Endeavor
    Fly

(Empty Spot) pls help!

Dr. Strange

Elite Four
    Years
    This is getting a little out of hand. There is another thread for team building.

I'd like to know all the multipliers all attack boosting elements sport.
    For example, I know that the Life Orb raises attack or special attack by 1.3x,
    Choice band increases attack by 1.5x,
    And Wise Glasses boost special attack stats by 1.2x

Correct me if any of this information is wrong.
    I'd also like to know:
    How much simple type items boost stats by (nevermeltice for example)
    How much Plates boost by (Spook Plate, Fist Plate etc)
    How much stage modifiers boost by (eg, after using how, I get +1 attack, what multiplier is this?)
    Abilities such as Chlorophyll and Swift Swim, Overgrow and Torrent.

And anything else you can think of that I have missed, please, let me know.
    Thanks.

So far, this is what I know:

Simple type items boost attacks by 20% in the 4th gen, all of the other gens only boost attacks by 10%.

Plates also boost the attack power of moves by 20%, they serve the almost the same function(since plates change Arceus's type and all)

Stage modifiers boost their corresponding elemental attacks by 50%(Only Fire and Water type moves benefit from this bonus), the other concepts are:

- Sunlight decreases the power of water type moves by 50%, it also causes Synthesis, Moonlight, and Morning Sun to recover 2/3 of max HP. It reduces the accuracy of Thunder to 50%, however.

- Rain decreases the power of fire type moves by 50%, it also raises Thunder's accuracy to 100%(it has a 25% chance of piercing through Protect/Detect too). Morning Sun, Moonlight, and Synthesis recover only 1/4 of max HP.

- Sandstorm increases Rock types Sp. Def by 1.5, but reduces Thunder's accuracy to 50%. Morning Sun, Moonlight, and Synthesis recover only 1/4 of max HP during this condition as well.

- Hailstorm raises Blizzard's accuracy to 100% and gives it a 25% chance of piercing through Protect/Detect, but like the others it reduces Thunder's accuracy to 50%. Morning Sun, Moonlight, and Synthesis recover only 1/4 of max HP during this condition like the other two.

As for the abilities, Swift Swim and Chlorophyll both double the pokemon's speed stat during the duration of Sunlight and Rain, respectively. Overgrow/Torrent/Blaze increase the power of their corresponding move types(grass, water, fire respectively) by 150% when the pokemon's HP is less than/equal to 33%

Hope that I was able to help ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back