• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Requesting feedback!

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    Allow me to give a brief introduction.

I'm 23 year old, I was a fan of Pokemon during the first generation, fell out of love with the series shortly after it began expanding. I just recently (within the last six months) got back into Pokemon by playing the OLTCG.

I've always had a passion for creating content on Youtube, but had no ideas where to stat. Creating Pokemon related pack videos seemed like a good way to get into it.

Essentially, the videos are opening packs, or in some instances, like the video below, a box opening. The basis is to show the viewer the packaging, the contents of the box including promo or merchandise related items like pins and toys, followed by the pack openings.

All I ask from you guys and gals is to give my latest video a watch, and just give me some feedback.

A few of things I try to make a point of in my videos are 1) Getting straight to it (not rambling for five-ten minutes before actually showing anything, and 2) I chose to go with playing video game music during the pack openings, opposed to the traditional format of reading out the cards as they appear.

So let me know what you think, I'm honestly genuinely looking for feedback, not to boost view count (though I do realize inadvertently that will happen).

Questions:

1. Should I continue just doing music overtop the opening, or should I switch to traditional format of reading cards, perhaps in conjunction with music quietly playing in the background?

2. Are viewers interested in code giveaways for the Pokemon Online Trading Card Games?

3. Do you think people would be interested in content/videos from the Pokemon Online Trading Card Game such as pack opening or gameplay videos?

4. What would you like to see, or what would you do differently?

I sincerely appreciate any feedback, comment, and suggestions. I'm very much a rookie, this is my first stab at creating content so I'm more than prepared for some constructive criticism.

Thanks!

Without furthure adue, here it is, my latest video, Rayquaza EX Box Opening! (Some great pulls btw ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEt21uNcDvs

P.S. I did request administrative permission from a Super Mod before making this post.

Reactions: Tek
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    2. Are viewers interested in code giveaways for the Pokemon Online Trading Card Games?

I subscribed to someone who had 12 subscribers, about 5 weeks ago, he now has 400 subscribers mostly from doing a TCGO giveaway every few days. People love that apparently, although if you're going to do this I recommend asking for entries in 1 video (via leaving a comment) and then choosing a winner(s) randomly in the next video. Rather than showing a code during the video, as this just rewards people for skimming through your video, finding the code and leaving without watching.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    I subscribed to someone who had 12 subscribers, about 5 weeks ago, he now has 400 subscribers mostly from doing a TCGO giveaway every few days. People love that apparently, although if you're going to do this I recommend asking for entries in 1 video (via leaving a comment) and then choosing a winner(s) randomly in the next video. Rather than showing a code during the video, as this just rewards people for skimming through your video, finding the code and leaving without watching.

I shall give that a try.

May I ask your thoughts on my choice to go without commentary, and instead play music over top the video? Do you like it, dislike it? Do you prefer the videos with commentary?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I shall give that a try.

May I ask your thoughts on my choice to go without commentary, and instead play music over top the video? Do you like it, dislike it? Do you prefer the videos with commentary?

Personally there's 2 reasons why I'd want to watch a box opening video, reason 1 is for the commentator talking about the cards (either for their way with words or the insight into the cards, suggestions on decks they could be used in ect.) or reason 2 is I just want to see the kind of cards you can get from certain packs...

You're videos seem to fit nicely into reason 2, although I played it at 2x speed as I read pretty fast and can identify most cards from a quick glance by now.

The problem with fitting into reason 2 is that I'll normally watch a couple of videos when something new is released and then that's it. Whereas with the first reason I watch unboxing videos I'll return to for many unboxings to hear their opinions.... I hope that all makes sense?

Reactions: Tek

Tek

Years
    Overall, the video was nice. The timing of the music was good, especially the treasure chest sound you snuck in there. The backdrop was also aesthetically pleasing.

I would recommend starting out the same way, but then turning the music down and doing some commentary as the video gets going. Most of us millennialist have short attention spans, and even with my above-average focus I got a bit bored about two minutes in. Additionally, commentary will make the video feel more personal; it's quite important to connect with the viewers. The video wasn't particularly impersonal to start with, but I think us viewers need your voice and your thoughts.

Lastly, there are many people doing this type of video, so don't feel discouraged if your channel doesn't go viral in the near future. All in all, solid stuff and keep up the good work!

Back