• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resetting doors in the Elite Four rooms

mde2001

Pokemon Industrial Developer
Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    I am trying to program the elite four and it is working mostly. I can make it so that the elite four are battled again if the trainer lost by using the temporary switch but the doors don't reset (eg. the entrance stays closed and the door to the next room remains opened).

I was wondering how I get the self switches to turn off for the doors when the player blacks out.

Thanks for any help.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    I have an idea:

For doors walking into a room, you could make a variable (let's say A). Starting at zero with all doors open, you step into the room and an event pulls you forward and increases that variable by one. So you set the door close event to turn on when variable A=1 for the first room, 2 for the second etc.

Similar thing for opening the door to the next room, but have that variable (variable B let's say) increase by one after the Elite four member of that room is defeated.

Then, in the conditional branch of each of the elite four battle, have a consequence of if they lose the battle be that each of these variables is reset back to zero.

I haven't tried this but seems logical?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Or just use temp switches for the doors rather than self switches, just like the NPC does. I've fixed the example map in Essentials to do exactly this and it works just fine.

Back