• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reshiram or Zekrom?

Which is your favourite?

• Total voters
Years
  • Reshiram all the way. Dragon and electric is two of the types I don't like at all. The fire/dragon typing is rather nice though. For design I think both looks pretty cool to be honest. I haven't use any of them in battling yet so I can't say really.

Years
  • Reshiram. Its design is so much better than Zekroms, and the typing is amazing, too. We should have more Dragon/Fire-types - dragons are famous for breathing fire, after all.

Locket

nothin' but a latiarse.
    Years
  • I voted for Reshiram. It's just so fluffy;3. Ever since they were first released, I prefered Reshiram<3.

Years
  • Zekrom... just so AWESOME. And very well-put-together. I think Reshiram looks a little lame... and like a dog. I... don't like dogs.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I like Reshiram's design better than Zekrom. Also when they are both shiny, Reshiram still looks better colored than Zekrom.

Illusionzoroark

Magikarp Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Zekrom is awesome! He represents the dark part of Yin-Yang, has an awesome type combo and can turn into a ball of electricity.

Years
  • Zekrom is awesome! He represents the dark part of Yin-Yang, has an awesome type combo and can turn into a ball of electricity.

lol, both Zekrom and Reshiram have awesome type combos, persay, but while both of them are weak against Ground types, Reshiram has a chance of at least inflicting neutral damage back, while Zekrom is not effective.

Plus, you have it all wrong, Reshiram is the Yang (the good/black side) and Zekrom is the Yin (the bad/white side). Reshiram isn't the black color, but actually the white dot on the black, and vice versa with Zekrom.

This explains why Black Version has Reshiram on the cover, and White Version has Zekrom.

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
    Years
  • I'd have to go with Reshiram. I just adore the design so much more than Zekrom's. That and Zekrom looks as though it may eat you and not really care; I didn't get that vibe from Reshi.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I went for Reshi. I didn't like Zekrom much when I first saw it
    now I think they both own, but Reshiram still looks nicer

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
  • Zekrom looks kewler, but I like reshiram, I got stuck with the fire monkey, and Reshiram is way better, I don't need an electric type for any of my teams, i use ice instead.

Keep on hackin'
    ~RHIOne

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I think they are both pretty AWESOME! I have Zekrom, I like everything about him. I really want a Reshiram because he looks awesome.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • Definitely Zekrom, which is why I bought White. In a way I wish I bought Black for battle city though but whatever =\

Zekrom is unique, as its types are dragon/electric. Idk, to me all dragons are assumed to be fire breathing. That's why I love Kyurem and Zekrom so much; they defy the common perception of dragons.

Years
  • Definitely Zekrom, which is why I bought White. In a way I wish I bought Black for battle city though but whatever =\

Zekrom is unique, as its types are dragon/electric. Idk, to me all dragons are assumed to be fire breathing. That's why I love Kyurem and Zekrom so much; they defy the common perception of dragons.

lol, I think the common stereotype for dragons have been broken by all three this gen. I mean, Zekrom is an armored lizard, and Kyurem is made of ice, while Reshiram is completely covered in feathery, fluffy, fur down. Plus, it looks like a dog.

But the sole Dragon-type that totally breaks the stereotype is Altaria.

It's a chubby, blue bird covered in clouds.

Back