• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Restarting your game!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    I will probably never restart my White. I almost never restart any of my first copies of games. Like a first white or first black, after that its fair game. I've played countless times on a seperate white.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I only restarted once and I regret it. All my Dream World Points, all my Dream World Pokemon my EV Trained Pokemon that I've had since around 2008, my shiny Charmander who I have never seen again, my Pokemon that had special moves from XD, my Liberty Pass, and all of my GameStop Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and Celebi.

I miss that file.

The only thing I've done differently was use a few different Pokemon and get rid of my starter as soon as I got it's final evolution in my Pokedex.

Oh wow, why did you restart it? :( That sounds terrible tbh.

Either way I've restarted Black a lot (over 11 times probably? I've got a lot of Victini and two playthroughs!) But White, nope, never. It's got all my good stuff on it (plus someone else's stuff lool).

ELVISTHEGUY

I've restarted my game several times, but since this time I ev train them and obtained my Arceus from Dream World, it will be a big mistake to restart.

Princess Sandshrew

PokéRespect
    Years
  • I've not restarted on my Black (which I have 153 hours on) my first save feels more precious to me and, since I used to restart like 50 times per a game in gen 1-3, it feels like an accomplishment to keep the first save.
    I am borrowing a copy of White and I'm currently playing a Nuzlocke on it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Despite my boredom with the post-game as a whole, I've never thought to restart my Black game. I like my current team at the moment, and it's composed of a majority of non-Unova critters (like Kingdra!) so to restart from the beginning would definitely be a culture shock. Ugh, I'd have to start with one of the starters again, so, no. Probs not going to happen for a long time on my end.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have restarted my game only once, and none of the Pokémon on my team are ones I had previously. I do regret picking Tepig this time (though I plan to keep it a Tepig), it's kind of weak just being its first evolution and Oshawott is so much cuter/better to me. Though I'd say if anything to be honest, the games aren't very restartable worthy, or at least to me. :(

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years

• Oh wow, why did you restart it? :( That sounds terrible tbh.

Either way I've restarted Black a lot (over 11 times probably? I've got a lot of Victini and two playthroughs!) But White, nope, never. It's got all my good stuff on it (plus someone else's stuff lool).

I got really bored and thought to myself that I could get those things again. My newer file bores me to death.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • If I do, it's usually just to catch different Pokes or to just start over in general. Unless I have a lot of progress and invaluable breeding material for my trade thread. XD

Khall

Permafrost
    Years
  • I honestly can't bring myself to restart White. Mainly because I don't have Black yet and all of my babies are on that file. I got my Samurott to level 100 in the first two days of playing the game so :| yeah it's pretty important to me.

I have about 120 hours or so on the game, but honestly that's not much to me.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I have White (NA) and Black (JAP). The only game I've restarted was my Black, and it was for a Nuzlocke playthrough, in which I completed.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I haven't restared, and I probably won't. I've got the National Dex for the first time (ironically on the game with the most Pokemon xD) and I only need Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect to complete my PokeDx fully (including events.) Anyway, I also have all my good Pokemon, including shinies that I've found myself, on the game, and it'd be a hassle. I can wait until Gray, which'll probably be the game I reset. ;D Also, I guess it's worth mentioning that I have a silver trainer card at the moment. All I need to get the black trainer card is complete the Battle Subway and get all the pass powers. The Battle SUbway- yeah, maybe one day. I don't know anyone with Black who's willing to do the missions though. D:

Anyway, as for how much time... I have 269 hours and 34 minutes so far. :D Wow, I didn't think I spent that much time on Black. XD

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I played through white a couple times before I did my 'true' play through, now it serves as my accumulative PC, were I store all my Pokémon from other games.

Black though lol maybe 10 times. I always try to make a unique team out of pokemon I havent used before

Back