• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Restaurant Piano Music

Years
    A few years ago I got offerred a job playing the piano in a restaurant as background music. The restaurant owner hadn't actually heard me play, he just knew that I played the piano and guitar and said I could come in and he'd see if it worked out. I politely declined the offer because I didn't know anywhere near enough songs on the piano, let alone songs that would constitute background music, and I definitely was not/am not skilled enough on the guitar to be paid for playing. Since then I figured it'd be nice to take up that offer (if not at that particular restaurant than perhaps at another), as I enjoy playing piano, but I still only know one or two songs that would be good to play. Does anybody have any suggestions of songs or artists I could take a look at?

So far I'm learning some Gershwin and Kern songs played by this pianist named Erroll Garner that I have on a CD given to me by my uncle, but apart from that I've got nothing. So basically I've been looking at jazz-y sort of stuff, but I'm open to any suitable suggestions (eg. I play Eluvium's piano songs but they wouldn't be suitable for a restaurant).

tl;dr: Anyone have good suggestions for background music for a restaurant played on the piano?

Years
    There's a restaurant I sometimes go to that always seems to be playing a CD of piano versions of Simon and Garfunkel or Beatles songs.

Maybe you could try actual background music, as in movie themes.

Back