• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Restriction on max number of overworld sprites showing on map

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2020
    Hi all,

I was in the process of creating a map with a large amount (20 something) of overworld sprites present in one scene.
    Whenever I add more than 15 though, the extra sprites don't show up ingame.
    What is the reason for this happening? And is there a solution to work around this?

Thanks

Years
    • Seen today
    It's a limitation in GBA Roms, probably because there is a certain amount of memory available to load overworld sprites in. There is a maximum amount of overworld sprites that can be loaded in the player's area of view +1 tile.

As far as I know this amount hasn't been expanded by someone yet. So there is no easy and available way to expand it. You'll need to use fewer overworld sprites.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2020
    I see. I was afraid this might be the case. Anyway I ll try to work around it then. Thanks for the info.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    I think ghoulslash solved this?
    I'm too new to post links, but just look for thread ID#426221 in Research & Development.

Granted, the fix ups it to 29 other overworlds, but it's still an improvement from 15.

Back