• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Results - 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
  • What i think should have been done is the community members voted first, then the judges voted. After, they should've averaged the 2 numbers together, so it's not 3 people just voting.

But i also want to say good job to Zel, Earthvisitor, and Coolboyman, your hacks are awesome, and to zel and earthvisitor, even if you didn't win, it's not like your hacks aren't good, it means they're the best out there for being in the top 3.

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • I highly doubt that HS would cheat HIMSELF out of the top 3 seeing as Rijon Adventures is his hack.
    And how many times does it need to be said? there can't be separate categories for the separate styles unless there are more second gen hacks

I dont necessarily agree that there are too few second gen hacks, but that's what HS has said, and what he says goes. Saying that it's not fair won't change his mind
    You should've complained months ago

Giving the place to a friend? I´m sure that yes...

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • I'd advise you not to accuse an administrator of cheating and showing favoritism

I am just saying what i think, maybe i could be wrong, but i´m almost sure i´m not. I counted the votes lots of times in different ways and always rijorn had more votes than prism, if you don´t believe me just count them.

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • So that´s the reazon why, but there is something more that doesn't make sense to me
    so why people had to vote to the top 5 instead of only the "preference vote"?

Because rijorn only get 1 "preference vote" but still he got lot of o 2nd places...

Last edited:

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • Congratulations, only problem is I only know the runners up hacks, dunno about Prism though...

Happy Hacking and looking forward to see brand new material in 2008!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys... Now that I'm less pissed than yesterday I wanted to say that its enough. Don't worry about the situation. I still think that three people dont represent the feeling of the hacking community, but still, if that's how the rules are gonna be, I will abide them this time. I'll just keep the results of the first and second phases (specially the category ones) as something more close to how the community would do the judging on a third phase of the HotY.

So, again, don't worry. And I'll still think about what I'm going to do... Humph...
    You have no reason to be Pissed. Wow you lost the chance to get a graphical award worth nothing. this isnt cheesey but, C'mon People enjoyed your work, what else do you need? What else could you possibly need?

Leave it at that. There is nothing more to it.

I do want to congratulate everyone who did well with there hacks. I should probably spend the rest of break playing some of the one's around here that I havent yet.

Thats my thoughts

-Zephyr

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    At the end of this I hope we can try and get something worked out for next year. At this point, the judges are not going to make a separate, "GBA hack of the year". What's done is done, all that we can do is try and renovate some things for next year.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Popularity, huh? Thats quite unfair. I think that the games should be played and tested. And scored by Graphics, Scripting and Story.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Popularity, huh? Thats quite unfair. I think that the games should be played and tested. And scored by Graphics, Scripting and Story.
    Sure, but that way, people won't protest. ;)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Let's just see what it'll have. If it's based on popularity, then it's based on the number of fans of a certain hack.
    I think that's quite fair.., I think...

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • I think that this thread proves:
    No matter WHAT system of judging there is, someone is going to be dissatisfied

I'd suggest a combo of the two. for example:
    Each person has a top 5.
    1st place is worth 5 points
    2nd place is worth 4 points
    3rd places is worth 3 pointsetc etc

Then each person will also rate on the hacks with the best scripts, graphics, story, etc
    each vote for a category is worth one point

so, if I vote for Shiny gold as my 2nd favorite hack, and voted for it for say, best gameplay and best feel then it would be worth 6 points.
    4 points for being second favorite
    2 category points

see what I mean? would take a while to tally up the votes, but it's a good balance of popularity ratings and skill ratings

A full ballot for one person might look like this:
    Spoiler:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • They should make two awards: the judges's choice and the people's choice.
    Or just stop holding comptetitions to discourage people to hack for fame, honor, kisses in the arse, awards and words in brackets.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    They should make two awards: the judges's choice and the people's choice.
    Or just stop holding comptetitions to discourage people to hack for fame, honor, kisses in the arse, awards and words in brackets.

The smartest idea I've heard all day

Lash

Years
  • Shouldn't the Hall of Fame be edited, now that Prism has won 2007?

There isn't much shock for me from Prism winning. Prism is an awesome Gold hack, fun to play and great graphics, though I was kind of expecting Shiny Gold to win, but eh.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • They should make two awards: the judges's choice and the people's choice.
    I think we all know that none of the people in the top 3 did this just because they wanted awards. Coolboyman has been doing it since he was like 7, Zel is generally selfless and helpful. he doesn't hack just to get honor and he isn't above helping others in need. and heck, I'm on the Rocket's Revenge staff and I can sure tell you the EarthsVisitor didn't hack with awards in mind.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • I think we all know that none of the people in the top 3 did this just because they wanted awards. Coolboyman has been doing it since he was like 7, Zel is generally selfless and helpful. he doesn't hack just to get honor and he isn't above helping others in need. and heck, I'm on the Rocket's Revenge staff and I can sure tell you the EarthsVisitor didn't hack with awards in mind.
    No, but it's a bad example for the kids.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Don't go thinking that the judging was biased, anyone. Seeing as I was a judge my results were tough but fair I guess. For Shiny Gold it lost marks for having GBA styled tiles with a DP styled tileset, because they were different. Scripts gave it a boost and as it was a remake it wouldn't score high, but still it got an 8/10 for mine. Rocket's Revenge did not do too well in mine seeing as the new one does not compare to the old one. Prism got a boost in the graphical presentation because of the clothes shop and for getting rid of the border around the text. Originality also gave Prism a boost because of its features.

Even though Shiny Gold did not win, it was still close between Prism and Shiny Gold.

@Teh Baro: I think the people's choice award is Round 2, reason for the top three. Also if Round 3 was that then the voting would easily go to Shiny Gold seeing as it has many fans etc. If anything we need to create a tournament/elimination sort of thing, in which two hacks go against each other and are voted off. Maybe that could be a good idea.

Also Sotomura, I think you need to stick Prism for the year and make sure to fix the Hack Hall of Fame.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • Gee people thanks for raining on my parade, seriously this really helps. Seeing as this is the first time I've ever won an award for my hack, this complaining REALLY motivates me to keep going.

And this post has exposed SOME PEOPLE's true colors, and I'm not happy at all seeing that.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back