• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RESULTS!] Small Writing Competition

Bay

Years
  • Delirious Absol, Elite Overlord LeSabre™, and Aisu got your guys entries in!

Like bobandbill, I'll also put in a few comments in addition to the scores (I actually already got started on some of them, but after the entry period closes I might change them). Really enjoyed the entries I read so far!

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Hmmm, job schedule has made it a bit difficult to get QA / beta reading on the entry, so depending on how things advance today I might have to post an unrevised entry, barring a weekend extension.

I thought I was better prepared. Or rather, I am, to write, but not to have to work on it at late night time with rainstorm and temperatures about -6°C. Curiously enough, the rainstorm kicked just the day when the contest was announced. :p

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Sorry all, I've been epic busy the past few days and I'm gonna have to sit this one out. Looking forward to everyone else's entries!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I sent in my submission, I'm running on three hours of sleep so let me know if I missed someone/something.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Sent, I hope the formatting didn't break itself again :| Fixed it a million times.

Bay

Years
  • And the entry phase is over! Not accepting entries anymore!

Thanks to those that submitted their stories! Ten entries, not bad! :) Right now the judges will be reading and scoring the entries, so hopefully we'll get the results ready in a few days!

Years
  • I'm really disappointed that once again real life became too busy for me to actually participate in this event. Good luck to everyone who submitted a story!

Bay

Years
  • Quick update on the scoring:

Nolfaus and I got our scores turned in, waiting for bobandbill's. After that, compiling the scores and comments won't be too hard!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • My scores are done too. I need to find some time to put all the scores/comments together and in order for posting, is all.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Here are the results! Please let me know if I put in a wrong number somewhere. (Spreadsheets help though - thanks Bay!)

During the judging process Bay remarked to me that a bunch of these were harder to separate than last year, and I agree there. But as usual there were pretty enjoyable entries to read. I strongly urge you all to post your entries in the FF&W section! (You can use the [SWC] tag for your thread too).

Well done to all participants and the winners! Expect your emblems in a while, hopefully not a long one. :p

Comments are in the spoiler tags, separated by judge.

Tenth Place

Forever - Unova Origins
    Score: 56/90

Breakdown:
    Spoiler:

Ninth Place

Bacteriophage - Untitled
    Score: 58/90

Breakdown:
    Spoiler:

Eighth Place

Flannery Lu - Untitled