• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

return of the king on vhs and dvd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    100Marios said:
    Oh! Gollum rocks! So many people say they hate him, so it's good ro see some fans! Andy Serkis should've won some kind of acadamy award....if they had one for that!
    My bro and mom are huge fans of Gollum. They think he's an exciting character that leaves you gripping! XD I feel sorry for Gollum tho. ;-;

*dies*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Usually, the DVD has come out roughly around my Dad's birthday or Father's Day... or something like that. Either way, it's been one of our gifts to him for the past 2 years. So my mom and I were kind of surprised to hear that it was coming out so soon. ^_^;

In order to continue the "tradition" and give it to my dad as a gift on a normal date... we're probably going to wait for the collector's edition to come out. @_@

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    CaRtOON said:
    My bro and mom are huge fans of Gollum. They think he's an exciting character that leaves you gripping! XD I feel sorry for Gollum tho. ;-;

*dies*
    Yeah....he's such an awesome character!
    Even though he was mutated and was turned from a kind hobbit (if he was) to a nasty, slimy, wreatched creature, you can't help but love him hehe...

He won an acadamy award? Wow! I had no idea!

The trilogy set is coming out on the 25th, on the same day as the DVD.....which is tommorow!!
    *runs around in circles and dances like Gollum*

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    kill.harp said:
    WOOT. Got it. BOOYA. I got the DVD today. It's good extras and stuff. I want the ext. version though. I'll get it when it comes out. Yes, so happy. It makes up for not being able to do anything for a month.
    How did you get it yesterday? It's not out till the 25th of this month.

Last edited:

yay!boromir

Expect the unexpected
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jun 14, 2006
    I got RoTK this morning. I'll probably get the EE too when it comes out, but won't miss the oppertunity to own this great film now.

100marios

Years
    Arcanine said:
    How did you get it yesterday? It's not out till the 25th of this month.
    The year before last year, we reserved the extended edition of FotR and imstead of getting it on tuesday like most movies we got it on the Saturday before. That was a nice suprise hehe..

We just don't have the money to buy both versions. That's why we're just going to buy the EE. That doesn't mean we won't rent RotK though!

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    The Extended doesn?t come out til December though, so won?t that be a bit late Erica? =p

We got it today, finished watching it a while ago. I?ve seen it like four or five times, but it still draws me in. ^_^

100marios

Years
    My dad tried to pull a fast one on us. He came home, just a few moments ago, putting away the groceries he bought, and throwing the bags they came in away. I saw him quickly throw away a white one, with somethiong blue on top.
    Only one thing came to mind...

.......blockbuster.......

I rushed to him and started questioning him about the bag. He was smiling a bit, as I kept hiting to him that you-know-what came out today. Everyone else was busy eating some Harry Potter candy he bought, (my sister got boogers, by the way hehe...) while I was busy asking him. He finally took it out though.
    .....I hope we get to watch it tonight!

yay!boromir

Expect the unexpected
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jun 14, 2006
    When were the others released (non EE) For some reason I always thought it was later than when we got it this year. But I'm probably imagining things. That advert for the trilogy goes on forever. But it includes Boromir at least. Most things don't, such as the TT credits, even though he was in the unextended version, if only for a split second.

100marios

Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Bah...I still haven't rented it. My parents rented Big Fish instead for some reason, and I had to suffer through that movie ._.
    I don't think Big Fish is too bad, but I'd much rather watch the Return of the King hehe....
    Which I did! I'm trying to capture some images from it, so you might just see me with an LotR avatar quite soon hehe...

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    100marios said:
    I don't think Big Fish is too bad, but I'd much rather watch the Return of the King hehe....
    Which I did! I'm trying to capture some images from it, so you might just see me with an LotR avatar quite soon hehe...
    MWAHAHAHA! I buyed it the morning it came out! YES, I AM OBESESSED! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! BTW, your avatar rawks! Aragorn rules and you all know it!

The movie was so rad. And my mum finally got to understand it since it had Spanish subtitles. >D

*dies*

100marios

Years
    CaRtOON said:
    MWAHAHAHA! I buyed it the morning it came out! YES, I AM OBESESSED! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! BTW, your avatar rawks! Aragorn rules and you all know it!

The movie was so rad. And my mum finally got to understand it since it had Spanish subtitles. >D

*dies*
    *snaps*
    We didn't buy it....
    But, at least it will make the extended version all the better!

*talks like a surfer*
    Rawk on Aragorn dude! You're totally gnarly!
    Hehe...

I love the part where he fights that giant troll at the Black Gate, not to mention the heartwarming part where he says softly...
    "For Frodo.."
    I loved that part! He's my favorite character!

I'm probably going to change my avatar to a different pic of Aragorn when I finally learn how to work that dag-nab-it sig-a-ma-jigger! I love the one I'm going to put for my sig....

But I'm pleased with the one I have on for now hehe...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I finally saw it on DVD, and now I'm watching it with spanish subtitles...odd thing is that I can understand about 75% of it when the tv's muted...I didn't think I could understand that much o_O I finally know how to say "to curse" in spanish now though...maldecir, which literally means "to talk bad" :P

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    100marios said:
    *snaps*
    We didn't buy it....
    But, at least it will make the extended version all the better!

*talks like a surfer*
    Rawk on Aragorn dude! You're totally gnarly!
    Hehe...

I love the part where he fights that giant troll at the Black Gate, not to mention the heartwarming part where he says softly...
    "For Frodo.."
    I loved that part! He's my favorite character!

I'm probably going to change my avatar to a different pic of Aragorn when I finally learn how to work that dag-nab-it sig-a-ma-jigger! I love the one I'm going to put for my sig....

But I'm pleased with the one I have on for now hehe...
    I loved the part where Legolas fought that big butt oniphant! XD I think that's what they're called.. @@;

*dies*

"That STILL only counts as one!"
    -Gimli (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King)

Back