• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return

Malevolent Mismagius

Bulky Metagross!
Years
  • Not many of you have fought this team but since making it I have updated it constantly to attempt to contain certain other threats. And now I believe the team is at its peak but still I cannot find any decent solution to Tyranitar without screwing up another aspect of the team, hence putting it here for you guys to fix. All the EV spreads are open for changes and I would like it if you guys sort of focused on that area. Sorry I have no (often over exaggerated) streak here. I wasn't really counting wins/losses but the team is doing pretty well. And now I present Team Weak to Tyranitar:

Return

Gliscor@ Leftovers
    Sand Veil
    252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
    Jolly

Earthquake
    Roost
    Taunt
    U-Turn

Gliscor is actually a really cool anti lead. Entering the battle with the sole purpose of screwing up the opponent's lead and then uturning out means I stay openminded about further strategies. He's also a nice lucario/luke/ttar/metagross check.

Gliscor reenters the battle later in the match (usually at full health) to pose a problem to stall with taunt + uturn. This combo is usually followed up by switching to Tyranitar to pursuit most of the victims. Sand veil after ttar has come in is cool. I could probably run Stealth Rock>>one of my current moves and Spikes>> Stealth Rock on forretress but I don't really want to get rid of anything.

Return

Tyranitar@ Choice Scarf
    Sand Stream

Naïve or Hasty

Pursuit
    Superpower
    Flamethrower/Earthquake
    Ice Beam

This tyranitar could probably be better described as a fast mixtar rather than a tyranitar built for revenge killing. It simply fits into the team well, being able to take out stuff taunted by gliscor, namely celebi, blissey and latias. As well as this it can be aided by Latias for resistances, and helps sponge fire from forretress switch-ins.

Tyranitar's moveset at the moment is really...I suppose I would say it lacks one crucial move whichever moves I use. Currently the move I lack with the above set is Thunderbolt, essential for Gyarados and other bulky waters. Help is appreciated. Although I really want to keep pursuit so I need REALLY solid reasoning to get rid of that.

Flamethrower or earthquake because the stuff that only flamethrower hits (scizor/forretress/skarmory) is all taken care of by at least one other pokemon. Help needed with the appropriate ev spread would be great but I would like 252 speed to beat other scarftars because this is the only thing that guarantees to beat it after the speed tie is won (Gliscor's earthquake is pathetic if memory serves correctly)

Return

Forretress@ Leftovers
    Sturdy
    252 HP/44 Atk/212 SDef
    Careful

Stealth Rock
    Toxic Spikes
    Payback
    Earthquake

In my past experiences with forretress I have found him slow and outclassed by skarmory in many ways however at least two cases exist where forretress is the better option: rapid spin as well as toxic spikes. Since my team really doesn't fear entry hazards I used forretress for toxic spiking as bulky waters have been killing me. Most of tem carry toxic which screws latias so I prefer to get forretress in early to remove that threat.

Forretress also provides Latias and gengar checks with payback. Earthquake is there to catch infernape/heatran/magnezone on the switch. EV spread copied from smogon.

Return

Latias@ Leftovers
    Levitate
    148 HP/108 SAtk/252 Spd
    Timid

Calm Mind
    Dragon Pulse
    Thunderbolt
    Recover

This guy helps to support the team with immunities especially ttar. The valuable fighting resistance as well as the ground immunity in particular.

At the moment she is my only check to infernape as well as most bulky waters, which is the reason I carry thunderbolt.

Return

Rotom-C@ Leftovers
    Levitate
    252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
    Timid

Calm Mind
    Dragon Pulse
    Thunderbolt
    Recover

Rotom is here as insurance against such pokemon as lucario/scizor/metagross/skarmory. He also provides immunities that help the common weaknesses on the team.

I used to use restalk rotom but found that I needed a guaranteed answer to swampert with little risk. When I come in I iI usually use will o wisp to catch any ttar coming in. I'll use leaf storm later in the game.

Return

Heatran@ Leftovers
    Flash Fire
    248 HP/56 SAtk/204 SDef
    Modest

Lava Plume
    Earth Power/Roar
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Heatran is sort of the lin between the other members of the team. He fills a few holes in the team in terms of pokemon eg rotom/zapdos/scizor.

The burn chance that lava plume has means I can just fire them off all day and maybe just maybe I'll catch mence/gyara swtching in with a burn. I honestly don't like the way this is so prediction based to catch other heatran and that sleep talk might give something with levitate a free set up while I come up with random generated earth powers.

So that is the team but the are a few things I'd like to clear up. Firstly, any changes you have I would like solid reasoning behind them. Also, apart from ttar I have probems against set up sweepers eg ddmence/gyara/ddtar, so of course all help is appreciated.

Lastly I'd like to redirect your attention to the ev spreads again. Most of them are copy/pasted from smogon/I haven't even got anything up there so yeah...need help.

Good day.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Spikes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Toxic Spikes when you have to chose. Bulky waters all lose to Latias + Rotom so thats moot for their inclusion.

Rotom set....wtf man lol. Use Sub Rotom with Wisp and Pain Split. Leaf Storm is ass, you can just burn pert. :/

I dont like how you rely on Latias to beat threats like Ape, Cune etc ScarfTar/Scizor is just soo common and that set defines Pursuit bait.

Malevolent Mismagius

Bulky Metagross!
    Years
  • The main reason for forretress' inclusion in the team was that the bulky waters that I have seen carry toxic so latias gets destroyed by them, otherwise I would've used skarmory>>>>>>forretress because it is faster and has whirlwind.

I'll try your set but honestly getting rid of pert in one shot is great.

I would like to swap latias out but what do you suggest replacing it with to beat bulky waters/infernape.

Back