• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Returning since Plat Plz Help

TascheMonster

Tasche Monster Master
Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    Hello as title says I'm coming back into Pokemon since Platinum so a lot has changed to me. To begin with this will be a 3 pokemon team as its I've decided to make for some fun matchs with my close friends and MAYBE some competitive if their is a gamemode for me in 3v3 single.

Well first I wanted to make a team around Noivern as he is my favorite pokemon 6th Gen.

Noivern (M) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Infiltrator
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Hurricane
    - Roost
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flamethrower

Then I thought what would go well with it... then it hit me DRIZZLE ! It makes Hurricane 100% and it gets ride of my Best friends Sandstorm set up momentum.

Politoed @ Leftovers
    Ability: Drizzle
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Scald
    - Hypnosis
    - Protect

as a filler I knew I had a big weakness to Electric so I brought in this Mega.

Mega Mawile:
    Nature Adamant
    EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
    -Play Rough
    -Sucker Punch
    -Iron Head
    -Swords Dance

So if you wouldn't mind give me tips tricks and etc to help me improve this team.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • There's no need for Noivern to use Choice Scarf because it's already very fast. Dark Pulse also doesn't give Noivern any noteworthy coverage; Draco Meteor already hits Dark and Ghost Pokemon hard enough, while Flamethrower takes care of Aegislash:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Focus Blast
    -Switcheroo/U-turn/Hurricane
    Nature: Timid/Naive
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: Frisk/Infiltrator

or
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Focus Blast
    -U-turn/Roost/Dragon Pulse
    Nature: Naive/Timid
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Mega Ampharos is way too slow to use max Speed. Its bulk should be the main focus. Its EV spread should be 236 HP/252 SAtk/20 Spe; the 20 Speed EVs let it outspeed Hippowdon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    You're actually more weak to Fairy than Electric. Noivern is neutral to Electric because Dragon resists Electric. You could put a Steel type in Mega-Ampharos's place. Steel/Water/Dragon makes a decent defensive core.

And Singles in the Battle Spot (in unrated, at least) does 3v3 matches. Or if you meant 3 Pokemon out all at once, there's Triples.

TascheMonster

Tasche Monster Master
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    There's no need for Noivern to use Choice Scarf because it's already very fast. Dark Pulse also doesn't give Noivern any noteworthy coverage; Draco Meteor already hits Dark and Ghost Pokemon hard enough, while Flamethrower takes care of Aegislash:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Focus Blast
    -Switcheroo/U-turn/Hurricane
    Nature: Timid/Naive
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs

or
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Focus Blast
    -U-turn/Roost/Dragon Pulse
    Nature: Naive/Timid
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Mega Ampharos is way too slow to use max Speed. Its bulk should be the main focus. Its EV spread should be 236 HP/252 SAtk/20 Spe; the 20 Speed EVs let it outspeed Hippowdon.
    Thanks for the input it really helps.

You're actually more weak to Fairy than Electric. Noivern is neutral to Electric because Dragon resists Electric. You could put a Steel type in Mega-Ampharos's place. Steel/Water/Dragon makes a decent defensive core.

And Singles in the Battle Spot (in unrated, at least) does 3v3 matches. Or if you meant 3 Pokemon out all at once, there's Triples.
    Would Mega-Mawille/Mega-Scizor be a good replacement ? I was thinkin it would also help in keeping people from setting up sp def walls on me. Or was you thinking more of a bulkier Steel type ?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Would Mega-Mawille/Mega-Scizor be a good replacement ? I was thinkin it would also help in keeping people from setting up sp def walls on me. Or was you thinking more of a bulkier Steel type ?

Either Mega Mawile or Mega Scizor work:

Mawile:
    -Play Rough
    -Sucker Punch
    -Fire Fang/Swords Dance/Iron Head
    -Swords Dance/Substitute
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 132 HP/252 Atk/124 Spe
    Item: Mawilite
    Ability: Intimidate

Scizor:
    -Swords Dance