• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reusable TMs: Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
  • i love reusable tms. its so nice not having to stuggle to figure out which pokemon to use a tm on. and i dont mind them being harder to find there is always the interwebs for that stuff plus i like hunting for stuff

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Reusable TMs? It's perfect for battlers! It's also great for people who want to breed moves... right? At least I will never have to scramble for a TM trade again!

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • Reusable TMs were defiantly a great introduction into the series. Now you don't have to make the epic decision of who is gonna learn Earthquake XD
    The negatives really aren't that bad either. I always end up hoarding money, and harder to find TMs means you must explore more.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    I like the idea! No more sitting there contemplating if I should use a TM on this Pokemon or that Pokemon. I don't mind handing over a large amount of PokeDollars or going on a expedition just to get one, as long as it's unlimited.

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I like it!
    I mean, why not?
    Saves money and time and effort and such

Especially when I'm equipping most of my team with Ice Beam and energy ball.

Besides, I can keep changing from Blizzard and Ice Beam without worrying. :D

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • On one hand it is very useful to be able to teach any amount of a move to your team I just think it takes the challenge out of it if you have some kind of Giga Impact/ Hyper Beam etc. super team.

I also dont like how you can't sell them if you need a bit of cash ><

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    I don't get how people think TMs are harder to obtain in this game than last. Remember TMs in the Battle Tower? They were a nightmare to get. I've not found any TM ridiculously hard to obtain - you just have to make sure you're looking in every part of the land.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Reusable TMs are a definite yes. I love this feature. I mean, why not?
    Everything tilts towards the positive for me.

Years
  • I think it's an overdue addition to the series. When you're trying to raise several pokemon, being able to use moves like Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Stealth Rock, Reflect etc etc over and over saves so much time.

It also saves trying to find people to trade with in order to get a certain TM if it's only obtainable once in the game.

Years
  • I like that you can reuse the TMs. It is so good that you can. No more only using it one time.

TaurusFire

Collector
    Years
  • for people who breed and constantly change their team up (this guy) infinite reuse tm's are a godsend!! i used to be constantly bugging my friends for tm's like toxic and now its just great! plus having to explore more to find the better ones makes for more adventure instead of just sitting around after the elite four theres still stuff to hunt down.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    YES.

This is a addition I've been hoping they would finally add since I started playing. Now, if we could just delete HM moves anywhere, I would die happy.

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • The only thing about TMs not being reusable is they are supposed to be rare to find, and they are supposed to just give you the edge. Then I found a TM for Hyper Beam and that theory died, as Hyper Beam is probably the worst move in Pokemon.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Reusable TMs? I love these things! :)

In the older games, I rarely ever used TMs, since I was saving them for later (Or for the Emerald Cloning Glitch - REALLY REALLY USEFUL)

Now I can use TMs without fear of permanently losing them! What an awesome idea!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    One of the best things that my friend taught me:

Me: Crap, I can't get through this cave, I need Flash.
    Him: Do you have any Pokemon that know TM moves?
    Me: Yeah, why?
    Him: Teach them Flash in place of that move, then reteach them the move after the cave.

My face:
    Reusable TMs: Yes or No?

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • @above: I use that with dig too. Saves me loads on repel and escape rops so I can save my money for its real purpose, buying ultra balls to catch Virizion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back