• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revamped 1st Generation Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Unless any of you have noticed... the 3rd and 4th Generation (and some of the 2nd) look almost nothing like the classic and well-designed 1st generation of Pocket Monsters. So, in my utter annoyance, I decided to sketch a bit at how the 1st Geners would look like if they were "upgraded" (or "downgraded", in my opinion) or to the design incorporated with these new monsters.

Take a look! Tell me what you think? I thought it was funny. See which ones you can name!

https://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5074/random2008drawings033pg2.jpg

the picture is a bit big... but I hope that's not a problem!

Cheers!

Years
    Haha, this idea is great!
    And yea... they have much in common with the new gens lol oo
    Well... the Pika looks even kinda cute, I think xD
    On the left there's Pika and next to it is... Pidgeot? Under the bird are Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur and on the right there're Ekans and Arbok. Also Krabby, Charizard, Squirtle, Blastoise (?) and Pidgey.
    But which ones are left under Pika? Electrode? xD

Nice pic anyways^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    yeah! Actually, that's all three Legendary Birds. You see, all it would do is change icons (fire, ice, thunder) and look almost exactly the same. Much like those 4th gen whatevertheyares... and those Regis things.

woops! Nope! That's not crabby! It's Paras!

and that Scizor-like thing is Scyther. Because, let's face it, the newer generation Pokémon are MUCH more important and BETTER than the older ones... so we eliminate scyther and make something else to match with Scizor! Just like what George Lucas does with the original Star Wars! ;)

and yes, that's voltorb... and below that an unfinished slowpoke.

Back