• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revamped my RU team, looking forward to a rate

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
I'm still rather keen on using pokemon that I like, rather then the same old pokemon that everybody uses. I do realize that Moltres is popular In RU, but he was part of my Banjo Kazooie (Ursaring & Moltres) doubles team, and I thought he had good synergy with this new gen v team so I brought him back.

ani241.gif

(Whitney)Miltank@leftovers
Nature: jolly
Ability: Thick Fat
EV's: 252 hp / 40 def / 216 speed
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Milk Drink
- Heal Bell

This Miltank's job is to set up Stealth Rock and provide Heal Bell support. Body Slam is there to provide a reliable STAB and to provide paralysis support. It'll stay in long enough to set up stealth rock and paralyze one to two pokemon but switch in and out afterwards to maintain Heal Bell support.

Hitmonchan_by_Xous54.png

(MrStatham)Hitmonchan@Life Orb
Nature: Impish
Ability: Iron Fist
EV's: 120 HP / 252 att / 64 Def / 72 speed
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Icepunch

Hitmonchan is somebody I've always wanted to use, but didn't know how to use him...until I saw NBZ use him. This Hitmonchan is meant to deal a large amount of damage, heal itself, and take some hits that you wouldn't expect a normal Hitmonchan to use.

300px-563Cofagrigus.png

(Imhotep)Cofagrigus@Chesto Berry
Nature: Bold
Ability: Mummy
EV's: 252 hp / 252 def / 4 SpecAtt
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power Fighting

Cofagrigus is there because he's immune to fighting (good synergy with Miltank and Kabutops) and blocks rapid spin to keep my stealth rock into play. Calm Mind lets me boost my special defence to take special attacks better, and my special attack so HP and Shadow Ball both deal some good damage. HP Fighting provides more coverage.

146.png

(Kazooie)Moltres@Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flame Body
EV's: 4 def / 252 SpecAtt / 252 speed
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Grass
- Air Slash
- Roost

Moltres is there due to my team having a large weakness to fighting. He provides much needed coverage and also provides the much needed non-boosting attack.

148Dragonair.png

Dragonair@Eviolite
Nature: Careful
Ability: Shed Skin
EV's: 252 HP / 4 att / 252 SpDef
- Rest
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall

I feel Dragonair is largely underestimated and could function as a very good sweeper. Shed Skin makes statuses not as bothersome, while its pure dragon typing means it can take a hit. Outrage wrecks everything that doesn't resist it, while rest allows me to heal myself (works well with shed skin). Waterfall is there for coverage, while dragon dance boosts my speed and attack whenever I get the chance.

Kabutops_by_Xous54.png

Kabutops@Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Weak Armor
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 speed
- Rapid Spin
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Kabutops can scare some spin blockers away with swords dance, spin the hazards away, then just do some damage with STAB waterfall and STAB Stone Edge. Kabutops also helps because I won't be out a physical attacker if I lost Dragonair.​

Last edited:

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Like the team but in competitive battles moltres wont be able to be used becuz he is an uber but otherwise good lookin team

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Like the team but in competitive battles moltres wont be able to be used becuz he is an uber but otherwise good lookin team

No Moltres is not uber, please check tiers before posting, thanks.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have a bit of a problem with Hitmonchan's EVs and nature. Its stats are leaning towards offense, even though it has 110 Special Defense. Change the EV spread to 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spe and the nature to Adamant.

Also, Dragonair can't learn Swords Dance, but it can learn Dragon Dance.

Weak Armor is a bit risky on Kabutops because it will become more prone to physical priority each time said ability activates. Swift Swim is the safer choice, though the Speed boost won't be guaranteed (but you can stick to Weak Armor if you want, since you're not running rain).

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
I have a bit of a problem with Hitmonchan's EVs and nature. Its stats are leaning towards offense, even though it has 110 Special Defense. Change the EV spread to 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spe and the nature to Adamant.

Also, Dragonair can't learn Swords Dance, but it can learn Dragon Dance.

Weak Armor is a bit risky on Kabutops because it will become more prone to physical priority each time said ability activates. Swift Swim is the safer choice, though the Speed boost won't be guaranteed (but you can stick to Weak Armor if you want, since you're not running rain).

I apologize for swords dance on Dragonair, it IS supposed to be dragon dance. I forgot to switch it when I replaced Sceptile. As for hitmonchan, if you'd like I can post a link to NBZ's video specifically detailing this Hitmonchan if you'd like to see why I chose this specific spread.

Back